Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
11.3@ 127?
10.89@130?

On a prepped track with 260hp more? Lol yeah totally crushes it.

The 10.61@133mph is what's impressive. I hope the magazines can replicate that time in a stock car, because nobody else has replicated Evan's stock s197 and s550 times so far.

I will say this, that car sounds bad ass at launch.
Screenshot_20191029-035439_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191029-035357_Chrome.jpg
Stangmode ran a 10.9 with one of the same cars they used. In Vegas heat.
Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
11.3@ 127?
10.89@130?

The 10.61@133mph is what's impressive. I hope the magazines can replicate that time in a stock car, because nobody else has replicated Evan's stock s197 and s550 times so far.

It should run 10's with that much power, otherwise as I mentioned on these forums, Ford under tired this car big time. Put some 335's or 355's in the back and Bingo.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It should run 10's with that much power, otherwise as I mentioned on these forums, Ford under tired this car big time. Put some 335's or 355's in the back and Bingo.
Weight reduction, boost to 97 octane, track prep, good air, and Sticky tires will get you low 10’s.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Again with this anti Ford bullshit. Nothing I said has been anti Ford. I didn't tell anyone to buy a Ford product. I myself have owned many, and still own 1. You can keep saying anti-Ford all you want, it just isn't true. If me stating a fact that Voodoo engines have burned oil without seeing the track hurt your feelings, I can't help you there. And funny you say the C5 Z06 sucks on track compared to the GT350, because I don't see how a car that weights 500 pounds less and has better weight distribution can suck on track. May be down on power. but acceleration wise, it's on par with the 350. Tires will help.
It means, that Ford doesn't own the dealer, an independent owner does, and that is who you write the check to. Local dealers here buy retrofitted Shelby American F150s and sell them on their lots. Is that a factory truck offered by Ford? Fuck man, come on.
Yes some Voodoo engines have burned oil. Many Chevy engines have had flaws as well, but you haven't said anything about that. My Voodoo worked great. I think most of them do. An anti Ford person would only bring up the negatives and never bring up the positives about Ford products. That is what you typically do.

The C5 Z06 gets hot really fast. Faster than my tech pack GT350 did before I added the coolers. And the engine is lame on track compared to the Voodoo. It's more of a truck engine than a performance car engine, in my opinion. I wish I could have the Ford engine and gear ratios in the Z06 with a couple inches more headroom.

IMO the C5 Z06 shines on the street, especially rough roads. Low weight and low center of gravity means good body control even with softer spring rates. Better weight distribution front to rear means great grip even on relatively cold streets. And the C5 Z06 is very predictable as power overcomes the grip. But the GT350 was really good on the street too.

I think the C5 Z06 would be a really good autocross car for racing in parking lots. The GT350 is more suited for larger tracks, which is what I enjoy driving more.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
11.3@ 127?
10.89@130?

The 10.6. 133 mph.
The car is fast. Crazy fast. And that’s only half the story.

mans that time is very much repeatable. Just not at the crazy altitude Ford has the event at. It was done in Florida at or very near sea level - which is the standard. We will see owners beat that time with practice. It appears the launch control isn’t fully ready for prime time, so jimmy and Bobby won’t be doing those times until they learn to modulate the throttle.

she also handles like a dream. blows the c8 out of the water.

here’s a quote from autoBlog:

“And around a racetrack, the Corvette wouldn’t have a chance. Not in speeds, laptimes, or handling behavior. I know, I've driven one.”

Daaaang, sucka!

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The 10.6. 133 mph.
The car is fast. Crazy fast. And that’s only half the story.

mans that time is very much repeatable. Just not at the crazy altitude Ford has the event at. It was done in Florida at or very near sea level - which is the standard. We will see owners beat that time with practice. It appears the launch control isn’t fully ready for prime time, so jimmy and Bobby won’t be doing those times until they learn to modulate the throttle.

she also handles like a dream. blows the c8 out of the water.

here’s a quote from autoBlog:

“And around a racetrack, the Corvette wouldn’t have a chance. Not in speeds, laptimes, or handling behavior. I know, I've driven one.”

Daaaang, sucka!
Yeah I mentioned that the 10.6 at 133 was impressive. I dont see owners beating it by much, if at all. Nobody has beaten Evan's stock time for his cobra or the s550.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
All this bitching about how the C8 did not perform is just a bunch of crap the car will out perform any other thing on the planet for the money period. A base model at that. It may have some bugs but I am sure they will get worked out this was not just a simple face lift.

Ford shot them selves in the foot with the drag strip showing. Why go somewhere that was not optimal to showcase the car. Now we get all these excuses. "Well at sea level" this and " with a tire" that bullshit. the C8 ran 11.1 with no disclaimers.
That was the problem with the hellcat can't put the power to the road so not to be embarrassed the demon was made a hell cat prepped for the track. The GT 500 needed to be a home run for ford. Biggest reason I detuned my car 800hp on the street was just not usable and I did not want to do a lot of suspension work.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
All this bitching about how the C8 did not perform is just a bunch of crap the car will out perform any other thing on the planet for the money period. A base model at that. It may have some bugs but I am sure they will get worked out this was not just a simple face lift.
A C7 Z51 with good tires will annihilate a C8 on the road course and for a lot less money. If you want to bring performance/dollar in, there are a lot of slightly modified used cars out there that will out perform C8 no problem.

And you can't even get a C8 yet. So go ahead and try to race someone in your vapor ware car. You're so excited about it and it's not even out there. You haven't driven one. You haven't seen it on the road. There are no real comparison tests yet.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
A C7 Z51 with good tires will annihilate a C8 on the road course and for a lot less money. If you want to bring performance/dollar in, there are a lot of slightly modified used cars out there that will out perform C8 no problem.

And you can't even get a C8 yet. So go ahead and try to race someone in your vapor ware car. You're so excited about it and it's not even out there. You haven't driven one. You haven't seen it on the road. There are no real comparison tests yet.

A C7 Z51 with good tires will annihilate a GT500 on the road course and for a lot less money. If you want to bring performance/dollar in, there are a lot of slightly modified used cars out there that will out perform GT500 no problem.

And you can't even get a GT500 yet. So go ahead and try to race someone in your vapor ware car. You're so excited about it and it's not even out there. You haven't driven one. You haven't seen it on the road. There are no real comparison tests yet.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

You really think a PS4 tire is over a sec faster then a Pilot sport tire?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You really think a PS4 tire is over a sec faster then a Pilot sport tire?
Those aren't the only choices available for tires. If you are going performance/dollar a used C7 Z51 gives you quite a bit of money to work with.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Those aren't the only choices available for tires. If you are going performance/dollar a used C7 Z51 gives you quite a bit of money to work with.
Gottcha. I thought you were saying if the C7 had the same tires that are on the C8 it would crush it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Gottcha. I thought you were saying if the C7 had the same tires that are on the C8 it would crush it.
Nope.

A C7 Z51 with good tires will annihilate a GT500 on the road course and for a lot less money. If you want to bring performance/dollar in, there are a lot of slightly modified used cars out there that will out perform GT500 no problem.

And you can't even get a GT500 yet. So go ahead and try to race someone in your vapor ware car. You're so excited about it and it's not even out there. You haven't driven one. You haven't seen it on the road. There are no real comparison tests yet.
Not sure whether your first statement is correct, but yes I 100% agree used cars are cheaper than new. That's why I didn't say any crazy things about the GT500 like people are saying about the C8. And I also think a few years old C7 Z51 could be a great performance bargain if you like the C7 platform. I don't fit well (not enough headroom for a helmet), and I also don't want a C7 due to the reviews I've seen and the removable roof. I think it's a good car, but not for me. I wish GM would make a little more passenger room in the Corvette and set them up a little more for track use.

That's why I'm probably going to get rid of my C5. A little small and weak on track.

You are a great troll on this forum. So anti-Ford in almost every post. It's crazy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.