Status
Not open for further replies.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Ford GT owners are going to be very upset when that ZR1 comes out.
I heard some cried when the C7 ZR1 came out.....
No they won't. They have a limited edition supercar. That will accend in value. From almost the moment they buy it. The Corvette will lose 25% of its value. As soon as you drive it off the lot. There is more to this game than magazine numbers.
Here's the thing, C7 ZR1 and C8 ZR1 (when it comes) can certainly be compared to Ford GT on paper and sure, one of them will likely put up better numbers. Fact of the matter is, as similar as they are physically, they are light-years apart philosophically. Ford sought to recreate an updated version of an icon with the GT and they did it. And the people in the market for that car were willing to pay what Ford is asking for it as well as live up to some very restrictive terms (looking at you, Jon Cena) that Ford imposed on people who bought it. I doubt that many who bought it regret the purchase (still looking at you, Cena). Now, Ford did have timing on their side when they introduced GT, as nobody knew that the base C8 would be as good as it is for the price that's being asked. No, the base C8 is not in the same zip code as GT, but most can draw the straight line to see what a ZR1 could be. It will probably out perform the GT. GT owners won't and shouldn't care.
Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is full of opinions, conjecture,bias some silliness and plain old bullshit. I would say that is OK because I guess that is what a forum is all about. The truth is the only thing that is known for sure is the performance #s and pricing for the 350 and what we have been told is the pricing for the C8 . This at the very least puts what seems to be a superior model in direct competition with the 350 at a lesser price. All the rest remains to be seen when the real #s on the C8 are out. It is also a great negotiating lever for GT 500 buyers. I looked at the C7 and loved it but at 6'3" 340 It was very uncomfortable and I chose the S550. I will look at the C8 to see how comfortable it might be but may end up with a GT500. In any case I would never buy the first year out on anything. Ford needs to counter with some really good #s on the GT500 to punch back.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is full of opinions, conjecture,bias some silliness and plain old bullshit. I would say that is OK because I guess that is what a forum is all about. The truth is the only thing that is known for sure is the performance #s and pricing for the 350 and what we have been told is the pricing for the C8 . This at the very least puts what seems to be a superior model in direct competition with the 350 at a lesser price. All the rest remains to be seen when the real #s on the C8 are out. It is also a great negotiating lever for GT 500 buyers. I looked at the C7 and loved it but at 6'3" 340 It was very uncomfortable and I chose the S550. I will look at the C8 to see how comfortable it might be but may end up with a GT500. In any case I would never buy the first year out on anything. Ford needs to counter with some really good #s on the GT500 to punch back.
Says the guy with a "Roush" :giggle::devil:

Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I figured you were still waiting for them to drop and sprout hairs. You'll get there.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really
12 and a half. You should put a scoop on the roof.
He's just adding all that drag to win drag races.
It's the Beavis and Butthead show great. The cutting edge wit is amazing.
Really your gonna talk about drag racing wrong venue for you skippy. You need to stick with it's all about that sound and high revs and manual and lap times and such little feller. I could add 20 more scoops to my car and still put lengths on your 350,

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Really

It's the Beavis and Butthead show great. The cutting edge wit is amazing.
Really your gonna talk about drag racing wrong venue for you skippy. You need to stick with it's all about that sound and high revs and manual and lap times and such little feller. I could add 20 more scoops to my car and still put lengths on your 350,
If I cared half as much as you think I do, I'd care twice as much as I really do. Don't work yourself up and get your blood pressure higher than it already is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.