GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Ohh I love my 2018 A10 car but the C8 makes wanting to upgrade to a GT350 seem kind of foolish for the money..........
Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Ferraris', Lamborghini's, and the like are tantalizing b/c of their looks, unique mid-engine layout, performance, and air of exclusivity; and, of course, one wants what one can't have (due to price). To me the C8 is appealing b/c it appears to have managed to package together most of those attributes at a price that is reasonably attainable. Yet, at a price of say 70-75K decently equipped, it nevertheless keeps it out of the hands of every pinhead on the road and thus it carries a modest feel of specialness (I guess that's always been true of the Corvette relative to pony cars). I like Mustangs for what they are, but just about anyone and everyone has one. The C8 is a game changer in so many aspects.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Ferraris', Lamborghini's, and the like are tantalizing b/c of their looks, unique mid-engine layout, performance, and air of exclusivity; and, of course, one wants what one can't have (due to price). To me the C8 is appealing b/c it appears to have managed to package together most of those attributes at a price that is reasonably attainable. Yet, at a price of say 70-75K decently equipped, it nevertheless keeps it out of the hands of every pinhead on the road and thus it carries a modest feel of specialness (I guess that's always been true of the Corvette relative to pony cars). I like Mustangs for what they are, but just about anyone and everyone has one. The C8 is a game changer in so many aspects.
You said it pretty well.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
tbh I think gt500s are alot more special than base model vettes. This thing will be more common than civics in like a year.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Ohh I love my 2018 A10 car but the C8 makes wanting to upgrade to a GT350 seem kind of foolish for the money..........
Let me tell you the impact the c8 had in my household.

When I wanted a grand sport, I talked my wife out of her 335 and into a Trailhawk. She told me she didn't care what she drove, but she eventually wanted an M3.

Traded the grand sport, and got a Viper, and got a Ram 2500 for a new 36 foot trailer I got, and i got rid of her TH. Stuck her in the truck, and she again said she didn't care what she drove.

I picked up my GT this year, she had no opinion on it one way or another. She knows I like Mustangs, and when we meet I had a bad ass 2011 RTR I regret getting rid of, so there is some nostalgia there too.

When she saw the c8 on Friday morning she told me she can't believe that's a Corvette, and she wants one. She no longer has any interest in the m3. I was waiting to see the pricing and specs on the gt500. They pissed me off with how slow they are releasing info. Once the pricing was announced, and order banks were open, but they still didn't have any specs on the car other than horsepower, I for sure thought I would be picking up a ZL1. Now it will be a c8. I bought both of my Corvettes from Van Chevrolet here in Scottsdale, and I have one lined up at MSRP. I'll be keeping my GT, because I need to drive my boy in it twice a week so i need the back seat, it's paid off, and I love the character of the car. It's a manual, and it's fun around town at low speeds.

The c8 took a female who had no interest in cars, ever, and made her a customer. Granted the household was going to get one no matter what, but it shows the shift in demographics they have reached with the new car.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
tbh I think gt500s are alot more special than base model vettes. This thing will be more common than civics in like a year.
I mean, to us, gt500 is special, because we know what it is. To everyone else, they won't know if it's a gt500, a gt350, a GT or an EB. And comparing the c8 to a civic when it comes to production... come on.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bingo!!! People will be buying a mid engine C8 because its a mid engine sports car.

Much like people who NEVER drop a tailgate buying a Raptor or Adults with ZERO children buying an Escalade and never opening the rear doors.

Ford is going to have a hell of a hard time with the C8 and for reasons that have absolutely zero baring on its performance.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If you mean by cheap and plentiful and other reason to compare a C8 to a damn civic you seriously need to call 911 about your head today......

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mid engine acceleration advantage is only from a launch , and depends on tires too. From a roll mid engine makes no difference, only weight. We do need to know the weight of these new c8 but if they are 3500 or more I think they will lose to e85 tuned 18 a10's but I will love to try.
You won't love it after the 1st time. LoL

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
If you mean by cheap and plentiful and other reason to compare a C8 to a damn civic you seriously need to call 911 about your head today......
I had 9 beers so that may explain some. I have some problems but I still think most of my stuff is valid. I do need to sleep though, nice talking to you guys.

You won't love it after the 1st time. LoL
It better be trapping 122+ mph which I kind of doubt. I think if I lose it will be so close that the vette owner would be extremely disappointed that I only have a tune. Then he will get a tune, and ill whipple mine beat him again and still roll around in my 20-30k extra cash :) Im going to attempt to dream of this. good night

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only in your dreams is a bolt on tune GT going to be a C8.

Think people are excited about the C8 now wait until the DOHC V8 one comes!!!!

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Id buy one if they didnt end up costing close to 200k in Australia. My 2019 SC Stang will have to do for now :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.