GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well wanting to score a 42 yr. Old soccer mom. Definitely speaks to the Corvettes main demographic.
I personally fall on the other end of the Corvettes demographic but I think most will agree GM will make their money off of that demo group.

It is an awesome time to be a car enthusiast.
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
why are people that cant afford a base C8, let-alone a gt350, or ever a gt500, talking about whats a better value? Go back to spicing up the ramen noodles, your not buying anything over the other; if you could, you wouldnt be driving base model mustang to begin with, especially the pre s550's. Poor people.. SMH
Well, people that are journalists that don't make enough to buy one compare models.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I agree. A nicely optioned C8 Z51 will probably be low 70s. Then we have Ford only building 5,000 GT500s and all the d-bag dealers want a $20K ADM pushing the cars to nearly $100K (maybe more, maybe a little less if you're lucky). In calling around in my market, the GT500 is essentially impossible to get. So F that - I've moved on. The C8 has bitchslapped Ford and will be running down supercars costing 3 to 4 times as much. Assuming the C8 isn't plagued with problems (which might be a big if), I"m buying. GM finally got some balls (and a clue) and this is the car that will likely woo Gen-Xers like me, and others.
GM has been developing the C8 for 5 years. The motor not so much since it is a hand me down with some tweaks, it is the chassis that GM had to perfect since it does not have leaf springs now, etc, etc

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
JFC, hahahaha, did this forum suddenly get overrun with people who missed fundamental reading skills in elementary school... ?

Can you post up some actual performance test numbers? Thanks!

Excellent, you must have seen the performance tests too. I guess I missed them, are they online? Links? Which publications? Thanks!

Yep. I've owned a few Vettes and dealers __never__ get base, "no frills" models, usually it's 2LT or 3LT trim packages, plus a scattering of options like Z51. It winds up being cheaper (or the same price) to get a more optioned car off the lot for a discount, vs. ordering a "stripper". :crazy:

There's some kind of "uncanny valley" thing going on with the design. It's got all the basic mid-engine design elements, it's low, flat, has big side ducts, plus some Vette-esque touches, mostly carry forward design language from the C7 (which in itself, lost some of the Vette vibe), but there's some kind of weird proportion thing that's just not working for me yet. Might be one of those hard to photograph cars where it __has__ to be seen in person.

I guess you can repeat yourself till you're BITF and this pretty simple concept will still be lost on some people.
So far for both cars we have the GT500 at mid-3 second 0-60 times and the C8 below 3-second 0-60 times. Since these are both stated and not realized, that is all we have to go on. If both are true, the C8 will crush the GT500. If Ford is sandbagging, the C8 will be crushed.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
This is a joke right ? Have you watched Le Mans at least once ? If you have, how did you miss all those Corvettes running in it ????
Maybe he has a Corvette filter on

Sponsored

Detroit Iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless since 2005
Got to give credit to GM, they knocked it out of the park by keeping the base price below 60K. Cars come along every once in a while and change the automotive landscape...the C8 is one of them. As was previously stated, every performance car in the 50 to 80K range just got slapped in a big way (Cayman, Boxster, M2, M3, M4, GT350, GT500, ZL1, C7, Hellcat, etc). The reviews should come out soon. If it lives up to the hype, this is a major game changer!

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Well if the rumors are to be believed Chevy is cooking up a 5.5 FPC V8 for the C8. I really hope they aren't as it will shatter the GT350 IMO.
I am unsure of why this thread is the C8 against the Mustang GT350. The Mustang has never competed with the vette. It has always been the slower Camaro.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I am unsure of why this thread is the C8 against the Mustang GT350. The Mustang has never competed with the vette. It has always been the slower Camaro.
Pricing. It's seems like every media outlet is saying The new C8 is great and costs less than the GT350.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
@YOLO my point is that i said probably won't be crushing the GT350 time. i said nothing about it being slower at Numbering. But if it takes a optioned out $100K C8 to 'crush' it.. I'd sooner buy the GT350R.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@YOLO my point is that i said probably won't be crushing the GT350 time. i said nothing about it being slower at Numbering. But if it takes a optioned out $100K C8 to 'crush' it.. I'd sooner buy the GT350R.
If you believe the GT350R laptime made up by the now defunct HorsepowerFreaks website, you're no better than him.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
why are people that cant afford a base C8, let-alone a gt350, or ever a gt500, talking about whats a better value? Go back to spicing up the ramen noodles, your not buying anything over the other; if you could, you wouldnt be driving base model mustang to begin with, especially the pre s550's. Poor people.. SMH
In every thread, you bring up money and call people poor. Plenty of people with money buy base model cars because there may not be value in other things for them. Get off your high horse of douche.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Pricing. It's seems like every media outlet is saying The new C8 is great and costs less than the GT350.
Your post that I responded to was not about price, it was the post of the 5.5 FPC that will shatter the GT350 is what you posted. The base C8 will shatter the GT350 if not the GT500. Just put price aside.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
GM has been developing the C8 for 5 years. The motor not so much since it is a hand me down with some tweaks, it is the chassis that GM had to perfect since it does not have leaf springs now, etc, etc
You’ve only seen the base motor. To paraphrase John the Baptist...”there is another after me...I would not be fit to tie his sandals”. There are at least two more all new motors coming to C8.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Ford fanboys and Chevy fanboys are either Ignorant or very Naive?

The New 2020 C8 weighs 3,366lbs.

Ford GT500 approx 4,200lbs. Wouldn't surprise me if it came in even heavier.

The C8 Z51 will weigh at least 600lbs less than a GT500. That's the weight of Four college girls. Imagine having 4 people in your car weighing you down in the 0-60MPH, Quarter mile and the Road course?

Chevy dealers are taking orders TODAY at MSRP which will probably be $59,995.00

1LT is the car for driving purists who want the lightest Stingray possible, but one that's still very well equipped:
  • 8-Way Power GT1 Seats
  • GT1 Seats – Mulan Leather
  • Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
  • Driver Mode Selector and Valet Mode
  • Dual-Zone Electronic Climate Control
  • Locking Glove Box
  • HD Rear Vision Camera and Rear Park Assist†
  • Leather-Wrapped Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel
  • Bose 10-speaker Audio System
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio®† for Three Months
  • 8-inch Diagonal Color touch-screen
  • Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System†
  • 12-inch Color Driver Information Center
  • Bluetooth® Phone Connection† and Phone Projection
  • Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
  • Power Windows Express-Up/-Down
  • Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel
  • Cabin Air Filtration
  • .... and a whole lot more
Just add the Z51 option ($5,000 on the C7) and you have a really nice ride for about $68,000.00 including Destination fees.

Michelin PS4 Performance Tires
Performance Suspension
Adjustable Threaded Spring Seats
Larger Brake Rotors with Z51 Logo on Calipers
Enhanced Cooling
ELSD With Specific Axle Ratio
Rear Spoiler and Front Splitter
Front Brake Inlets
Performance Exhaust
Available Magnetic Ride Control with PTM

0 to 60MPH less than <2.99 seconds and will do it consistently. Very little Traction ISSUES.

Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes have a really hard time getting lower than 3.7 consistently because of traction issues.

That's why Porsches with Mid/Rear engine and PDK are so fast with almost Zero traction issues.

GT500 will NEVER see 2.9, never. 3.3 with a prepped track probably at best.

The GT500 has the same problem the Front engine C7s had, traction issue. Chevy said they reached the maximum potential with a Rear Wheel, front-engine setup.

In fact, Chevy added the ZR1 Corvette with 755HP. It's 0-60 time was ONLY 1 tenth better at 2.85 vs 2.95 for the Z06.

GM said the Higher HP had nothing to do with the faster time, rather it got stickier tires. The Z06 according to GM is when they realized more HP would NOT make the car faster using the existing platform.

Ford Fanboys should be thanking Chevy for building such an awesome car. This will only make the Mustang better and Dealers will have a really hard time now with ADM (Price markups over MSRP).

This C8 Z51 will destroy the GT350s time of 7:32:17 at Nürburgring.

Wouldn't surprise me if it came real close to the ZL1 1LE which smoked the GT350 with 7:16 time.

The C8 Z51 has changed the Game. No car can call itself a Supercar unless it does Less than 2.99, that's the benchmark that will be in everyone's head.

When the C8 Z06 hits the streets around 2021/2022 with approx 760HP, watch out. It will beat just about every Mass-Produced car on the planet.

These are great times to be a car guy.

Enjoy it before all the liberals force us to drive Electric Priuses.

New 2020 C8 Corvette.png
So where are the 4 college girls at?!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You’ve only seen the base motor. To paraphrase John the Baptist...”there is another after me...I would not be fit to tie his sandals”. There are at least two more all new motors coming to C8.
Im looking forward to that 1000hp. Frame bending bitch. I keep hearing about.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.