GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The KR is to Shelby as Heffner is to Gallardo.
KR is not made by Ford and then just installed by Shelby. It's after market parts installed by a tuner. You're right, Hefner makes his own parts and makes custom internals, so it is way different. And Ford Racing is not Ford, the factory team. Learn a thing or two before you start acting like a condescending girl.
Ok... let’s simplify. before you cannot process anymore... the simple way:

When you bought a 2008 GT500 KR brand new, you made your checks out to...

boom. Done. You’re welcome.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's not a dumb question. You said it was more special. It has no ground breaking features. It's a CPC 4V V8 with a blower. It's been done many times before. And hand built doesn't equal better quality, go ask the GT350 guys about that. Or anyone who had the M156 MB engine pop. Ford couldn't even be bothered to put a dry sump on it. My Corvette 10 years ago had it.
Ehh, if you'd rather have a 495 hp Chevy engine than a 760 hp Ford engine I get why we disagree on so many things.

My Voodoo engine seemed to be great quality to me. I ran it hard, too. You seem to be very full of trollish comments and very anti Ford.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Ehh, if you'd rather have a 495 hp Chevy engine than a 760 hp Ford engine I get why we disagree on so many things.

My Voodoo engine seemed to be great quality to me. I ran it hard, too. You seem to be very full of trollish comments and very anti Ford.
Oh yeah, I'm so anti Ford I have an 18 GT. I've also had a 11 GT, 12 Boss, 15 F150, 16 Focus ST. Please spare me the typical "you're a troll and anti Ford" bullshit. You Voodoo may have been good but there are plenty of people not even tracking their car and Ford telling them that a quart every 500 miles is "normal". So in 5,000 miles you're supposed to burn through 10 quarts of oil? Makes sense. And I never said I would regret have a 495hp engine over a 760hp one, I just said there was nothing more special about one over the other. I can tell you which one I would rather have if I was doing an 8 hour track day.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Ok... let’s simplify. before you cannot process anymore... the simple way:

When you bought a 2008 GT500 KR brand new, you made your checks out to...

boom. Done. You’re welcome.
When you buy a Shelby F150, who do you make your check out to? Lol a franchise dealer, not Ford. Just like when you bought a 500KR. None of the dealers are owned by Ford, so I dont think you know how the dealer system works.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase

Ford is last to the game with a 700+ hp engine. LT5 may be 'down' 5 hp, but it makes 75 lb/ft more torque. Hellcat Redeye makes 797hp and 707 lb/ft. They're playing catch up.

But anywho, this the the GT350 vs C8 thread. If I had 60k to drop, it would be a tough battle to choose between a unique (for now) FPC V8 or mid-engine. If someone gave me the cash with the stipulation that I have to pick a car by next spring, I'd pick the GT350 and wait for the first model year kinks to be worked out of the C8.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Oh yeah, I'm so anti Ford I have an 18 GT. I've also had a 11 GT, 12 Boss, 15 F150, 16 Focus ST. Please spare me the typical "you're a troll and anti Ford" bullshit. You Voodoo may have been good but there are plenty of people not even tracking their car and Ford telling them that a quart every 500 miles is "normal". So in 5,000 miles you're supposed to burn through 10 quarts of oil? Makes sense. And I never said I would regret have a 495hp engine over a 760hp one, I just said there was nothing more special about one over the other. I can tell you which one I would rather have if I was doing an 8 hour track day.
Everything you said in this post was anti-Ford, except the sentence claiming that you own some Fords. This is why we usually go back and forth in threads. I like Chevy, but I'm not anti Ford like you are. Here's a photo of my Z06. I like it but it really sucks on track compared to my GT350. And I really miss the Voodoo engine.
IMG_2383.JPG

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
When you buy a Shelby F150, who do you make your check out to? Lol a franchise dealer, not Ford. Just like when you bought a 500KR. None of the dealers are owned by Ford, so I dont think you know how the dealer system works.
I don’t think you know what the term “franchise” means.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Everything you said in this post was anti-Ford, except the sentence claiming that you own some Fords. This is why we usually go back and forth in threads. I like Chevy, but I'm not anti Ford like you are. Here's a photo of my Z06. I like it but it really sucks on track compared to my GT350. And I really miss the Voodoo engine.
IMG_2383.JPG
Again with this anti Ford bullshit. Nothing I said has been anti Ford. I didn't tell anyone to buy a Ford product. I myself have owned many, and still own 1. You can keep saying anti-Ford all you want, it just isn't true. If me stating a fact that Voodoo engines have burned oil without seeing the track hurt your feelings, I can't help you there. And funny you say the C5 Z06 sucks on track compared to the GT350, because I don't see how a car that weights 500 pounds less and has better weight distribution can suck on track. May be down on power. but acceleration wise, it's on par with the 350. Tires will help.

I don’t think you know what the term “franchise” means.
It means, that Ford doesn't own the dealer, an independent owner does, and that is who you write the check to. Local dealers here buy retrofitted Shelby American F150s and sell them on their lots. Is that a factory truck offered by Ford? Fuck man, come on.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Again with this anti Ford bullshit. Nothing I said has been anti Ford. I didn't tell anyone to buy a Ford product. I myself have owned many, and still own 1. You can keep saying anti-Ford all you want, it just isn't true. If me stating a fact that Voodoo engines have burned oil without seeing the track hurt your feelings, I can't help you there. And funny you say the C5 Z06 sucks on track compared to the GT350, because I don't see how a car that weights 500 pounds less and has better weight distribution can suck on track. May be down on power. but acceleration wise, it's on par with the 350. Tires will help.

It means, that Ford doesn't own the dealer, an independent owner does, and that is who you write the check to. Local dealers here buy retrofitted Shelby American F150s and sell them on their lots. Is that a factory truck offered by Ford? Fuck man, come on.
bro. You been trolling for a while.
Don’t get mad when people start calling you out on it.

you’re like the Adam Schiff of the forum.

just because you don’t say “I hate ford and mustangs” out loud doesn’t mean your undermining actions and attitudes have t already said it for you.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

it isn’t somebody doing their own thing. It’s selling ford products the way ford says to do it with some leeway. When you buy from a dealer, you are buying from Ford. It’s illegal throughout most of the country to buy factory direct. That’s where Tesla was shaking things up a bit. Please stop flaunting your ignorance.

hate + ignorance are some of the deadliest ingredients in this world, don’t mix them. Get help.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
bro. You been trolling for a while.
Don’t get mad when people start calling you out on it.

you’re like the Adam Schiff of the forum.

just because you don’t say “I hate ford and mustangs” out loud doesn’t mean your undermining actions and attitudes have t already said it for you.
it isn’t somebody doing their own thing. It’s selling ford products the way ford says to do it with some leeway. When you buy from a dealer, you are buying from Ford. It’s illegal throughout most of the country to buy factory direct. That’s where Tesla was shaking things up a bit. Please stop flaunting your ignorance.

hate + ignorance are some of the deadliest ingredients in this world, don’t mix them. Get help.
OmG TRoLL YOu HaTe Feerd bUtz yOU gOT oNe11!!! FEEErrd!!! HuRrFDRrrr.

That is literally you and Hack. Fanboys to the end. Ford can literally shit in your mouth and you would tell everyone its ice cream and call people trolls when they tell you its shit.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So, it's official - the GT500 not only crushes the ZL1, but the C8 as well. /thread.

Last edited:

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
So, it's official - the GT500 not only crushes the ZL1, but the C8 as well. /thread.
11.3@ 127?
10.89@130?

On a prepped track with 260hp more? Lol yeah totally crushes it.

The 10.61@133mph is what's impressive. I hope the magazines can replicate that time in a stock car, because nobody else has replicated Evan's stock s197 and s550 times so far.

I will say this, that car sounds bad ass at launch.
Screenshot_20191029-035439_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191029-035357_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.