Status
Not open for further replies.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Martin, are you getting one..?
I am going to wait and see about the Mustang with the shock collar that is coming, before I make any decisions. I love me some low-down torque, but the corvette's ride over long distances trips was horrible experience. I don't want it to sit in my garage.

But I don't see the effortless Vette, as being a competitor to the screaming GT350. Mid-engine are just different animals & will corner very differently and rotate very differently. For me, it is not all about specs, it is how it handles the urban tarmac bumps and undulation 1st... and 2nd'ly how well I can personally learn to take advantage of It's performance around the track. (& also Wayne County roads...)

:flag:
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Martin, are you getting one..?
I am going to wait and see about the Mustang with the shock collar that is coming, before I make any decisions. I love me some low-down torque, but the corvette's ride over long distances trips was horrible experience. I don't want it to sit in my garage.

But I don't see the effortless Vette, as being a competitor to the screaming GT350. Mid-engine are just different animals & will corner very differently and rotate very differently. For me, it is not all about specs, it is how it handles the urban tarmac bumps and undulation 1st... and 2nd'ly how well I can personally learn to take advantage of It's performance around the track. (& also Wayne County roads...)

:flag:
My plan is whatever I get, I will get in calendar year ‘21. Both kids out of college, Camaro paid off and no need to sell / trade it. Original plan was to go for either a base GT500 + handling package or one of the last GT350s, because I assumed C8 would be priced out of what I would want to pay. It’s priced about $10 - 15k less than I thought, so it’s back in play. Probably a Grand Sport or a 3LT / Z51 Stingray, depending on the engine for the Grand Sport. I think it’ll be a 600+ hp, 5.5L DOHC.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Kerbecks the biggest dealer for vettes, sold out for 2020
Now will some peeps pass on their allocation, probably....

Plus I'm sure kerbeck ordered a few for the showroom that they themselves wanna sell possibly over sticker?

Any small dealer that didn't take a deposit on one will sell above sticker.
Me, I bought the Mustang GT and I'm a GM guy....Why, because for the moola its the best option of the big 3

When then hoopla's over in 3-4 yrs, Then I may get a DISCOUNTED C8

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think dealers especially Kerbeck are going to mark them up. Kinda defeats the point of being under 60K.

Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We shall see, in my heart I think your probably right...
If your in Phila you should be familiar with Kerbeck they are always the lowest prices on vettes. In 16 I had a C7 ordered from there but I did not take it because my knees hit the dash in a C7. I was going to live with it but at the last moment thought it not too bright to buy a car I could not fit comfortably in. C6 is a little better C5 plenty of leg room thus the C5 Z06. I see you now have an S550 they are great cars congratulations.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If your in Phila you should be familiar with Kerbeck they are always the lowest prices on vettes. In 16 I had a C7 ordered from there but I did not take it because my knees hit the dash in a C7. I was going to live with it but at the last moment thought it not too bright to buy a car I could not fit comfortably in. C6 is a little better C5 plenty of leg room thus the C5 Z06. I see you now have an S550 they are great cars congratulations.
Very Familiar with them, their the best for corvettes but u still never know
However I agree with u, I think in the end they'll see at sticker

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just spoke to a customer of mine who said he did not care if the C8 or GT500 was better he ordered one of each. Just about 4 months ago he bought a Ford GT and a C7. That is living.

Sponsored
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are there going to be any changes to the GT350 for 2020. I have been searching and it seems it will be pretty much the same as the 19 model, I also read that it was getting somethings from the GT500. Anybody know what's up.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Are there going to be any changes to the GT350 for 2020. I have been searching and it seems it will be pretty much the same as the 19 model, I also read that it was getting somethings from the GT500. Anybody know what's up.
Probably just the color changes

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, it's buying a bunch of stuff.
The meaning of material things is certainly not lost on this guy several years ago I laid dead on an operating table brought back and in a coma for 7 days. With that lesson I also learned that life is short and we never know how short. If those cars are used like mine spending time with my wife and kids enjoying the car hobby for me it's the best kind of living.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.