GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I mean its pretty rare that a salesman even knows the specs or the differences between trim levels of the cars they are selling so yes Ill stand by my statement.

Seems people here cant figure out trim levels either with the constant base model C8 vs top dog GT500 comparisons LOL.............
Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I mean its pretty rare that a salesman even knows the specs or the differences between trim levels of the cars they are selling so yes Ill stand by my statement.

Seems people here cant figure out trim levels either with the constant base model C8 vs top dog GT500 comparisons LOL.............
If you read my post you see I said sales manager not salesman. I do believe the person that is responsible for maintaining an inventory at a large Ford dealer knows what is and what is not selling. Also if you read my post you saw that I said a Ford performance dealer that also sells Roush cars. He is very versed in the different cars and there trim levels. As this still is America at least until 2020 you are welcome to stand wherever you like.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you read my post you see I said sales manager not salesman. I do believe the person that is responsible for maintaining an inventory at a large Ford dealer knows what is and what is not selling. Also if you read my post you saw that I said a Ford performance dealer that also sells Roush cars. He is very versed in the different cars and there trim levels. As this still is America at least until 2020 you are welcome to stand wherever you like.
Listen guy and knock back the ego, did I call out whatever dealership you are leg humping here? No.

Im speaking dealers, sales managers whatever in general. Most dont have a flying clue what options are included in various trims.

You seem to have a wicked case of superiority complex.

Chill dont act like a dick bag and I wont have to contest every post from you to keep that ego in check......

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
And GT350 sales slowdown my ass Im in Virginia at a military school on Fort Lee. The Ford dealer right out the gate has 1 GT350 and its STILL going for 5k ADM on the window for the 2019 GT350.

Wanna bet someone pays that ADM too?
Not sure if dealers outside of military bases/forts are a good indicator of what the general public's willingness to pay for cars, since younger servicemembers may lack financial common sense. Dealers/banks are more than willing to finance higher amounts to them since they can always go to the servicemembers' command if they default on the loan, not to mention some can't risk losing their clearances depending on their MOSes.

While I don't think that GT350s and lesser trimmed Corvettes are in the exact same class, I think that they're closely related enough to be considered as substitutes for each other; they're both high-performance cars in the similar price range, so they may be able to impact each other on sales. There's an economic concept of "Cross-price elasticity of demand", one example being where a price increase of beef many results in an increase in demand for substitutes like pork or chicken. Since the price range seems similar in this case, let's use "bang-per-buck" instead. If GM can deliver on its promises for C8, it increases the "bang-per-buck" factor for the C8 over GT350 (especially if a large number of dealers still charge ADMs for it) and may drive some people to purchase the C8 as a substitute.

2010-05-28-Strip_38_Personal_Financial_Management_web.jpg

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed only point I was making is that

1. I highly doubt GT350 sales are an issue or suffering.
2. Some dealers are still asking ADM.
3. Thank god you get the price point factor and are not conparing the base C8 to a GT500.

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Agreed only point I was making is that

1. I highly doubt GT350 sales are an issue or suffering.
2. Some dealers are still asking ADM.
3. Thank god you get the price point factor and are not conparing the base C8 to a GT500.
1. It'll be interesting to see if my theory holds true once 2020 sales figure is released for GT350. One disadvantage that the GT350 has is that S550 platform will be on its 6th MY and there'll be a natural decline in sales we need to account for vs. stolen by C8s.
2. It'll also be interesting to see C8's will encourage the dealers from dropping the ADM. That'll improve the "back-per-buck" factor for GT350s.
3. Not sure why they're discussing GT500 here since I don't think the base C8 is a competitor to the GT500. I'm expecting the street price for the GT500 to be noticeably higher since they will be limited in production, whereas GM's known to crank out base Corvettes on demand. Besides, there's a separate thread for C8 vs. GT500 already.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Listen guy and knock back the ego, did I call out whatever dealership you are leg humping here? No.

Im speaking dealers, sales managers whatever in general. Most dont have a flying clue what options are included in various trims.

You seem to have a wicked case of superiority complex.

Chill dont act like a dick bag and I wont have to contest every post from you to keep that ego in check......
It has become very obvious that I did not know who I was dealing with here. You are by far my superior I did not even get the leg humping reference.

I realize now that because you have to pass buy a Ford dealer that has a 350 for sale on your way on and off base you now have your finger on the pulse of the car market. This certainly gives you an advantage over a 30 year sales manager at a Ford dealer that specializes in performance cars.

I apologize for being a dick bag (another term very popular with 11 year olds ) I assure you from this point forward I am going to chill. It is amazing how just by contesting my post you can keep my ego in check. Please keep doing it as again keeps me in check and proves your superiority.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't see myself in this type of car. (C8) It isn't a Muscle Car and won't have the Muscle Car fan base. I don't even know if your typical OLD Corvette owner will jump all over it. I'll easily say the fan base of the Corvette is changing due to the C8. It has and will sell like hot cakes though. It's just in a weird transition in its timeline.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

One of my friends is a salesperson at a local dealership. Probably knows more about cars than most people on this forum as well as C6G. First picture is her, Al O. and me at a party at her dealership. Al brought the Hot Wheels 50th by for our Camaro Club to see it before official release. Second photo is her “in her office”, this time in her white Grand Sport. Normally she’s in her white ZL1. What can I say....she likes white cars. Especially if they’re fast. A lot of salespeople don’t know their cars, but there are enough who do to keep life interesting.

C08F553F-5D59-48B4-B9EA-F3BF146D2011.jpeg

CAAE9C54-35F1-4247-9B34-CEE8A942AF7C.jpeg

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Looks like some good is coming from all this for you 350 guys your probly only a month or so form some really good deals on a shiny new 350. I was at the local Ford performance dealer picking up a lug nut and talked to the sales manager who told me they have noticed a slow down on the activity on the 350 and year end deals are on the horizon. They also sell Roush cars and they have slowed too. His opinion was that the C8 and GT 500 has caused perspective buyers to pause. Now I am sure that all the posters here
Know way more about whether people consider these cars in the same class than a man who has been selling performance cars for the last 30 years. I think I put his fears to rest when I showed him all the post from the experts on this forum saying how the Corvette and the 350 are not in the same class. He said he felt much better after reading the amazing insightful post and said the down turn was probably due to the local areas extreme spotted lantern fly infestation and it negative impact on the economy.

REALLY...??? :cwl:

Did that same "man" not know... that a Corvette has no back seat and has a removable top...? Or open the trunks of either car..? This same "mythical man" also not know the cheapest Mustang is $29k, while the cheapest corvette is $57k..?

He didn't know they were not in the same class... and it was you that had to explain it to him...? And he was older than you... so he grew up in the 60's..? Really..?

News flash dude: nobody is paying sticker on a new corvette.! They are heavily discounted. And as such an superb buy. The Mustang is not in the same class as the Corvette and any time you can get a new Corvette for the Price of a Mustang, you should consider the choices....

Sponsored
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
REALLY...??? :cwl:

Did that same "man" not know... that a Corvette has no back seat and has a removable top...? Or open the trunks of either car..? This same "mythical man" also not know the cheapest Mustang is $29k, while the cheapest corvette is $57k..?

I am pretty sure he doesn't care what has a back seat, removable top, cost or trunk. What he does know is what is selling at what is not.

He didn't know they were not in the same class... and it was you that had to explain it to him...? And he was older than you... so he grew up in the 60's..? Really..?

When he grew up is irrelevant and what class they were in also is irrelevant. Today do the similar cost of both they now will be competing with each other wether you agree or not. People looking to buy a new car I'm sure don't really give a rat's ass what you classifications of cars are

News flash dude: nobody is paying sticker on a new corvette.! They are heavily discounted. And as such an superb buy. The Mustang is not in the same class as the Corvette and any time you can get a new Corvette for the Price of a Mustang, you should consider the choices....
This seems to contradict what you said above but is the point of this thread why would you buy a 350 which is a mustang when they could move up to a vette for the same money. Good job einstein

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This seems to contradict what you said above but is the point of this thread why would you buy a 350 which is a mustang when they could move up to a vette for the same money. Good job einstein
Math is hard for you isnt it?

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I just can't see myself in this type of car. (C8) It isn't a Muscle Car and won't have the Muscle Car fan base. I don't even know if your typical OLD Corvette owner will jump all over it. I'll easily say the fan base of the Corvette is changing due to the C8. It has and will sell like hot cakes though. It's just in a weird transition in its timeline.
Young and old are ordering so they are doing pretty good.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4306493-c8-buyer-age.html

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I’ve wanted a mid engine super car. Every since I first seen a tomaso pentera. It’s a great move for the Vette. They have always been America’s premier sports car. Now they have the correct set up. To go at the big boys like Ferrari and Lamborghini with the special edition Vette. And still sell base Vettes for broke ass posers like me. They seam to be modeling the Vette. After what Porsche has done.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.