Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They're putting All season radials on the 60K base C8. All Seasons.
A set of tires is 1200 + 150 to dismount/remount. Who doesn't burn the factory tires off as soon as they can if not just trash them outright? Conti and Michelin make some damn fine AS tires. There's lots of country north of the Mason Dixon who also drive "fancy" cars below 60F.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
A set of tires is 1200 + 150 to dismount/remount. Who doesn't burn the factory tires off as soon as they can if not just trash them outright? Conti and Michelin make some damn fine AS tires. There's lots of country north of the Mason Dixon who also drive "fancy" cars below 60F.
Obviously, I'm talking about the next package up, Z51, not the tires. Which will include real performance tires, wider wheels, better brakes, performance suspension, and etc. Just like the Mustang PP1 and PP2.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Obviously, I'm talking about the next package up, Z51, not the tires. Which will include real performance tires, wider wheels, better brakes, performance suspension, and etc. Just like the Mustang PP1 and PP2.

Lets me put it as simply as I can..

Your argument about tires and age of buyers is garbage and pointless.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised they appear to be making the Magneride "difficult" to access. I get that the base won't have it (why though) but any trim level from there it should be default. Any 'track focused' package naturally should be equipped with the Multimatic spool dampers or at least 3-way Penske's.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lets me put it as simply as I can..

Your argument about tires and age of buyers is garbage and pointless.
It isn't an argument it's facts. 1. average age 61. 2. they're putting all season radials on a their base car. Those are facts. Facts can be very inconvenient when you've already formed an opinion.

Sponsored

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
So the base vette will be 60k and 5k for the Z51 package same as the old car? LOL GM said it'll pull 1g on stock all -season tires? GM also said the Z28 would dominate a GTR on a roadcourse.......how'd that go? Also, gm did build a cheap mid-engine car not long back......Fiero.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It isn't an argument it's facts. 1. average age 61. 2. they're putting all season radials on a their base car. Those are facts. Facts can be very inconvenient when you've already formed an opinion.

1. You are basing your assumption off the LAST generation C7 not the C8 thats yet to be seen. Thats FACT.

2. Whats wrong with all seasons now? Guess what there are tire shops everywhere or a few clicks online and they will show up at your door. Same for above the guy complaining about shocks. Guess what people the aftermarket will have plenty of options. Again thats FACT.

You act like your so called "FACTs" are more than some bais based on your opinion like some political poll. ROFL!!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the base vette will be 60k and 5k for the Z51 package same as the old car? LOL GM said it'll pull 1g on stock all -season tires? GM also said the Z28 would dominate a GTR on a roadcourse.......how'd that go? Also, gm did build a cheap mid-engine car not long back......Fiero.
GM also makes a ZL1 1LE Camaro that stomps cars costing wayyyyyy more than it on a roadcourse too so Im not sure what your point here is either.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They're putting All season radials on the 60K base C8. All Seasons. Come on now. Only Grand Pa will be buying that 60K base with All Season Radials. My guess is that to see performance you'll have to spend another $10K
Read what all seasons those are going to be, then come back...

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
GM also makes a ZL1 1LE Camaro that stomps cars costing wayyyyyy more than it on a roadcourse too so Im not sure what your point here is either.
I made my point. Gm says a whole lot of shit and rarely does it come to fruition. That z28 was gna dominate the GTR. Ole Al said himself it would. IT got its ass handed to it. That 0-60 may be quick on the vette but its gna get drug dirty in the qtr by the gt500. Vette guys talking bout swapping tires. LOL That 5.2 is bolt ons away from being a near 1000 whp car. That 2650 blower is a beast. Also lets not forget that getting anything above 650whp is a bitch on the LT. Fuel and internals arent that great. Better wait for the Z models before calling out the Gt500

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
1. You are basing your assumption off the LAST generation C7 not the C8 thats yet to be seen. Thats FACT.

2. Whats wrong with all seasons now? Guess what there are tire shops everywhere or a few clicks online and they qill show up at your door. Same for above the guy complaining about shocks. Guess what people the aftermarket will have plenty of options. Again thays FACT.

You act like your so called "FACTs" are more than some bais based on your opinion like some political poll. ROFL!!
You're assuming it will change. The C7 looks better in my opinion. I loved the look of the C7 but they're cheaply made for the money. Shit the C7 had an area on the front where the paint peeled off on almost every single one in the same area. The car sounded like creaking plastic when you drove it in my opinion. But they didn't care because they knew the old dude who bought them just traded them in 3 years anyways and it was all about status not quality. And I know this because I've lived in Auto city my whole life. Have a lot of friends and family who work at GM or at GM dealerships. I've owned many chevys and still own one and will probably buy another. I get huge discounts on them including the vette. Shit I might buy a C8 if I can get $15k off the sticker like I could the last one.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Read what all seasons those are going to be, then come back...
yeah I already did. Not going to come close to getting to 3 sec 0-60 nor competing with a GT350 let alone a GT500 on those. 1G? lol... come on. You have to be trolling to think that's actually going to be better than a GT350 or GT500.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made my point. Gm says a whole lot of shit and rarely does it come to fruition. That z28 was gna dominate the GTR. Ole Al said himself it would. IT got its ass handed to it. That 0-60 may be quick on the vette but its gna get drug dirty in the qtr by the gt500. Vette guys talking bout swapping tires. LOL That 5.2 is bolt ons away from being a near 1000 whp car. That 2650 blower is a beast. Also lets not forget that getting anything above 650whp is a bitch on the LT. Fuel and internals arent that great. Better wait for the Z models before calling out the Gt500

Would you compare an ecoboost Mustang to a GT500? No.

Then why do you people keep bringing up the King shit top of the totem pole GT500 vs a freaking base C8.

There is Zero logic in this. They are not even close on paper or price tag. SMH.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah I already did. Not going to come close to getting to 3 sec 0-60 nor competing with a GT350 let alone a GT500 on those. 1G? lol... come on. You have to be trolling to think that's actually going to be better than a GT350 or GT500.
The C8 (on same tires as a GT350) is going to destroy a GT350.

Its lighter. Its nearly same HP. itll likely make more tq. Its got a DCT too.

The biggest scam in recent memory from GM was the Z28 that car was a parts bin whore they wanted 75k for. Onky thing remotely kind of warranting the Z28 at all was the DSSV suspension.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're assuming it will change. The C7 looks better in my opinion. I loved the look of the C7 but they're cheaply made for the money. Shit the C7 had an area on the front where the paint peeled off on almost every single one in the same area. The car sounded like creaking plastic when you drove it in my opinion. But they didn't care because they knew the old dude who bought them just traded them in 3 years anyways and it was all about status not quality. And I know this because I've lived in Auto city my whole life. Have a lot of friends and family who work at GM or at GM dealerships. I've owned many chevys and still own one and will probably buy another. I get huge discounts on them including the vette. Shit I might buy a C8 if I can get $15k off the sticker like I could the last one.

You are one of the few that think the C7 is a good looking car. LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.