GT-350 Colgan Bra

Donny53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Funny!!!:) You can thank me for that Colgan GT350 bra! I pleaded and negotiated with them for eight months during 2019 and 2020 to get them to make a bra for my 2019 GT350! After some meaningful and productive discussions with the President of CoverCraft Industries, (they own Colgan), he agreed to have his people design one. A very nice, understanding, and patient individual LOL! It's not an easy or inexpensive process for them to design a bra, so I was extremely pleased with their decision to design one for a limited production or customer requested GT350. I received the first one last year and it fits perfectly. I've used Colgan Bras for my past 3 GT500's since 2007 and some of our BMW's. I've found them to be of excellent quality and they definitely protect the vulnerable front end paint. I only use it for long trips and it does the job of keeping the front clip free of rock chips, bugs, and all other material that shows up on our interstates! Colgans do fit tight which is a good thing at highway speeds and they are the best bra available. Hope you enjoy yours! So glad you ordered one! At least they've sold two!! :crackup:
I've got a 2021 GT with PP1....called Covercraft and they told me the bra that they have available will not fit the PP1...probably due the splitter. They told me they have nothing currently in the works to make one that fits. I was contemplating maybe removing the PP1 splitter from my car and get a splitter that is on a regular GT....or....I'm thinking the GT350 bra may fit with a bit of work. In your opinion, looking at the fit of your bra on your car, do you think it would fit on a regular GT with the PP1? Thanks!
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have a pristine bra for my old 1984 z28 i owned in 1986. Found it in the garage the other day. Perfect condition.

Sponsored

ParmesanPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'09 Honda Civic, '16 GT350 Tech
Car bras need to go back to the 80s and stay dead there.:shock:
TL;DR They're ugly, yes, but they have their uses.

I'm completely on board that leather/vinyl bras are ugly, but I go on a lot of cruises and road trips (mostly Texas Hill Country) and while they are the most fun drives ever, they involve a lot of rocks getting kicked up, and somebody in the group inevitably gets a cracked windshield, and even paint protection film gets shredded after one or two trips.

I bought my car to use, not to be a show car museum piece, but I also don't want to drive around with a completely trashed front end. A leather bra (if I can get the darn thing fitted, haha) will reduce the number of times I have to replace PPF at $500 a pop, and paint correction if not full repainting.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I also agree that the Colgan bra is not a beauty point; however, it's not meant to be! It's for protection only, and it does the job. I've used them on all my past cars for many years. Once I arrive at my destination, it comes off until I make the return trip.

OP
OP
mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
Yes, they aren't pretty but they have done a great job of protecting the front of all my cars that I had them on. Rather have a pristine front end than one all chipped because I thought the bra was ugly.
And the bra won't discolor like some of the clear vinyl films do over time.
Oh, and ugly goes away when the bra comes off...
Sponsored