Sponsored

GT 2018 - how to select exhaust valve permanently to Track mode

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
The A10 cars at least I believe are with 3:55 Torsen diff. The 15-17 was with trac-lock
No, the A10 are all Trac-loc as well unfortunately. None of the export cars, even the Bullitt, have a Torsen. They all come with a 3.55 Trac-Lock.
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm do you have any documentaiton on that?

Before the torsen was only available on the manual cars. With the A10 it is offered for cars with the 3:55 gear ratio and automatics. 18+ manual EU cars might still have trac-loc though

No, the A10 are all Trac-loc as well unfortunately. None of the export cars, even the Bullitt, have a Torsen. They all come with a 3.55 Trac-Lock.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Hmm do you have any documentaiton on that?

Before the torsen was only available on the manual cars. With the A10 it is offered for cars with the 3:55 gear ratio and automatics. 18+ manual EU cars might still have trac-loc though
No, every Euro car has a Trac-lock. The Torsen was only ever offered with the 3.73 gear set and no European or export Mustang ever got that. In fact, the A10 has a 3.35 Trac-Lock rear end in Europe to the manual's 3.55 as per the attached Ford specification list.

Also, CJ Pony Parts does a good run down as well which is relevant:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/euro-spec-us-spec-mustang-differences

"European Mustangs receive the Performance Package brakes along with the unique chassis tuning, larger radiator and 3.55 gears with limited-slip differential (the 3.73 TORSEN axle is not available in Europe)."

Attachments

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
let's leave it at that, but I am not convinced the A10s have trac-lock in EU

But agreed that previously as mentioned the Torsen was only available on manual cars with the 3:73 ratio

As general info, from Torsens website: https://torsen.com/ford-expands-torsen-availability-2018-mustang/

No, every Euro car has a Trac-lock. The Torsen was only ever offered with the 3.73 gear set and no European or export Mustang ever got that. In fact, the A10 has a 3.35 Trac-Lock rear end in Europe to the manual's 3.55 as per the attached Ford specification list.

Also, CJ Pony Parts does a good run down as well which is relevant:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/euro-spec-us-spec-mustang-differences

"European Mustangs receive the Performance Package brakes along with the unique chassis tuning, larger radiator and 3.55 gears with limited-slip differential (the 3.73 TORSEN axle is not available in Europe)."

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
No worries, don't believe me but a Torsen has never been offered on Euro, UK, Australian, or any other export market Mustang since they were first exported in 2015. They have always been Trac-lock diffs. The article you link refers to US cars in any case. There is plenty of evidence out there but the Euro and export cars aren't full PP1 spec, they are close. We also don't get the showy front strut brace or gauges in the central part of the dash like US cars.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/u-s-versus-european-mustangs-key-differences.66721/

Also, I have gone through the trouble to make mine a bit closer to a PP1 as I have a Torsen and 4.09 gear set that I imported a few months ago from the States to make the swap, and try to enjoy the car more as I'm not a huge fan of the factory diff characteristics nor the intergalactic gearing.

IMG_20200109_141958821.jpg

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Believe me, apart from the diff I know the differences between the US and export models ;).

Your car will feel much more lively with that setup though :)

Still not convinced the A10 is not Torsen haha

No worries, don't believe me but a Torsen has never been offered on Euro, UK, Australian, or any other export market Mustang since they were first exported in 2015. They have always been Trac-lock diffs. The article you link refers to US cars in any case. There is plenty of evidence out there but the Euro and export cars aren't full PP1 spec, they are close. We also don't get the showy front strut brace or gauges in the central part of the dash like US cars.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/u-s-versus-european-mustangs-key-differences.66721/

Also, I have gone through the trouble to make mine a bit closer to a PP1 as I have a Torsen and 4.09 gear set that I imported a few months ago from the States to make the swap, and try to enjoy the car more as I'm not a huge fan of the factory diff characteristics nor the intergalactic gearing.

IMG_20200109_141958821.jpg

W1cK3dSiK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2, 2020 F150 Lariat Sport
So the simple answer is no, you cannot set it to stay in track mode all of the time. But can I ask what your reasoning is? If you want it in track mode for a cold start simply turn on accessory mode, set the exhaust to track (you'll hear the valve move) and then push the start button to start it up. I do this with quiet mode all the time if it's a time of the day that I don't have it set for. It works, even though some people have said in the past that it doesn't, it does. But why did you get active exhaust if you want it to stay in a certain mode? I'll be honest I only use quiet and track modes. Quiet mode in the morning when I start the car or if the girlfriend and I are on a highway cruise and track any other time just driving around town.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
You can either just change it everytime you drive it, or just pull the fuse under the hood. There is a separate fuse for just the active exhaust. May get a pop up saying active exhaust disabled.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The only way to get the mode you want at start-up is with a memory module. Not sure if the mode switch on our cars has the same connector as my truck had. If yes, the same guy could make some for us. Does anybody have a picture of it? I removed the one I recently installed on my truck, but don't think it'd work, since it supposedly senses when you move the shift lever, and then it toggles to the mode you want automatically after 10 seconds. For sport mode on the truck, it required FIVE pushes of the switch. I'd just put it in 'MyMode', which has my active exhaust preference, which is sport. I can't use sport mode anymore, because there's no way to put the damn suspension in normal mode.
Sponsored