UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
after seeing [MENTION=19842]abuch91[/MENTION] finished product, car looks great man! :headbang: and the couple notes on the install pulled the trigger on the ZL1 Front guards and will do paint protection on the rear similar to on the rear quarter panel

Sponsored

GT Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Just bought the jaeger brothers guards. I've been to worried about the spacers messing up my paint...even with the anchor room film...to install them. So once these arrive, Ill get it all installed.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I realized today I rub on the driver front fender/bumper when going over a certain dip in the road on the highway I take to work. I heard something when I had the window down. I took a peek when I got out. I offices a mark on the tire about half way around the shoulder of the outside sidewall. And found some rubber should up at the seem of the front bumper/fender. It wasn't bad and the rubber came off and magically didn't burn through the paint. How that didn't happen I have no clue! I am doing 70 when I go over the dip. May have to not take the highway to work and just take it home. Will save me a .75 anyway lol. Sad part is in not even that low. Only on BMR performance springs and stock PP wheels and tires.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I realized today I rub on the driver front fender/bumper when going over a certain dip in the road on the highway I take to work. I heard something when I had the window down. I took a peek when I got out. I offices a mark on the tire about half way around the shoulder of the outside sidewall. And found some rubber should up at the seem of the front bumper/fender. It wasn't bad and the rubber came off and magically didn't burn through the paint. How that didn't happen I have no clue! I am doing 70 when I go over the dip. May have to not take the highway to work and just take it home. Will save me a .75 anyway lol. Sad part is in not even that low. Only on BMR performance springs and stock PP wheels and tires.

I wonder if you just need a little more negative camber or if your rear subframe is slightly off center.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if you just need a little more negative camber or if your rear subframe is slightly off center.
I triple checked the sub frame alignment before we finished the install. The suspension alignment is conservative but don't feel like eating the inside edge up on the tires just for the sake of one specific area in the road to just not mark the shoulder. I would almost guarantee if the front bumper alignment to the fender wasn't shit it wouldn't touch. That's probably the only reason it doesn't hit on the passenger side. The passenger side front bumper and fender alignment is perfect. Matter of fact the whole passenger side of the cars body panels are great and the driver side is complete shit haha. Makes me so mad lol.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
This is the tiny spot it rubs. Like I said it can't be too bad since it only happens in that one spot of the road. Never anywhere else I drive. But I'm sure it would happen on just about any road with a large dip like this one has at highway speeds. And it's not hard enough to take the paint off the bumper which was surprising. And it's hard to tell at this angle but the bumper is not aligned well with the fender. It's sunken in slightly. Pretty common from what I have seen. And it's really due to poor fender alignment. The fender is not matched well with the hood or the door either. It's really sad...

Picture was taken before it happened just using to show location not mark on tire.
39fa68d185bc2bacc85ebea490bda600.jpg

Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well I just tried getting these on today and well...small fail.

The lug nut holes aren't large enough to get the socket on the bolt. Basically the holes need to be machined another millimeter.

They are also extremely tight around the hub. Takes a mallet and flathead behind the spacer to get them off. Not an issue just an observation.

I'll reach out to the guys tomorrow about them. Don't want to waste more time trying to get these on and off.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Well I just tried getting these on today and well...small fail.

The lug nut holes aren't large enough to get the socket on the bolt. Basically the holes need to be machined another millimeter.
Sounds like you need a slightly thinner wall socket.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sounds like you need a slightly thinner wall socket.

It fit fine on the one spacer for the front. The second was an issue.

Any recommendation on brand of socket. I'm using craftsmen brand right now.

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
I used a Craftsman deep impact socket, one of the new black ones. I think it may be marketed under that Evolv name? I believe the impact socket sets are thinner wall, and fit better than a standard deep socket.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I used a Craftsman deep impact socket, one of the new black ones. I think it may be marketed under that Evolv name? I believe the impact socket sets are thinner wall, and fit better than a standard deep socket.

Didn't even think of using an impact socket. I think I have a 21mm one somewhere. If not I'll grab a thin wall 21mm from pep boys tonight.
Sponsored