Sponsored

Group Buy: DCTMS Carbon Fiber/Leather RS550 Steering Wheel

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Production for the carbon fiber red ring steering wheels is also complete. Those should be received by DCTMS this week, and shipping will start right after. This should include the multicolored wheels also. Have to say thanks again to everyone for their understanding. It’s going to be a good year for all of your interiors
So where are we on this. Are the wheels up to par or do they need to be redone? I've got a lil event planned. I was hopeful for thanksgiving, then thought Santa would hook it up. Then maybe my b day in late Jan. Now I just hope I get it at all.

Communication has been good. I'm not trying to beat up anyone. I just wanted a new/updated reasonable timeline as we are well past the original timeframe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So where are we on this. Are the wheels up to par or do they need to be redone? I've got a lil event planned. I was hopeful for thanksgiving, then thought Santa would hook it up. Then maybe my b day in late Jan. Now I just hope I get it at all.

Communication has been good. I'm not trying to beat up anyone. I just wanted a new/updated reasonable timeline as we are well past the original timeframe.
No worries brother. I am taking a couple hour drive down to San Jose on Sunday to meet with DCTMS and assist them with any packaging if needed. I will also try to grab some pics if everything is in. Production was good to go and now it’s just a matter of receiving and shipping parts out.

Projected shipping time to customers for the carbon fiber wheels is next weekend, but I will have more for you guys on Sunday.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Projected shipping time to customers for the carbon fiber wheels is next weekend, but I will have more for you guys on Sunday.
When is the projected shipping time for the leather with silver stitching? It was supposed to be this week based on the last update. Are we still on track for that?

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
When is the projected shipping time for the leather with silver stitching? It was supposed to be this week based on the last update. Are we still on track for that?
+1! Understandable that delays can and do occur but it’s been fully double the original 45 day time frame.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
+1! Understandable that delays can and do occur but it’s been fully double the original 45 day time frame.

They should be shipping Saturday, but I will be there Sunday to get stuff boxed and shipped if anything hasn’t gone out yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Sending you an email as well, but can you confirm your shipping address for me. PM or email is good

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Stand by guys. Awaiting some tracking info. I will be sending an email and updating here. l shortly once I receive it

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Had the opportunity to meet with the owner of Signature Wheels (Eric), and the owner of DCTMS (Ivan). Separate companies, but both in the same city so it made things easy. The owners also knew each other so I was able to get a lot done. This will come with some good and bad news. DCTMS had to turn down several wheels that did not meet quality control, and switched to a new production facility for the remaining steering wheels.

We met at the Signature Wheel location so I did not get photos of the steering wheels, but will have some next week as the second batch arrive. All but 11 steering wheels are completed and will be received by DCTMS this week. Everything completed will be shipping out to you all on 02/12/18. I will send a follow up email as well to everyone so you know if your wheel was completed. It was essentially only the carbon fiber wheels with gray stitching or yellow that aren’t completed. All of those members can either get back their full deposit, or hold out a little longer until they are done. Ironically the last minute gray color addition caused the biggest delay. I will send all of you an email directly so you know for sure and can let me know what you would like to do.

DCTMS was going to attempt to ship part of the orders this weekend but is going to wait for the second box of carbon fiber wheels to arrive this week and ship everything together. Boxing will occur this week and weekend, then ship out. Just to recap.

-All leather steering wheel orders in all colors are complete and shipping 2/12
-All carbon fiber red stitching/red ring wheel orders are complete and shipping 2/12
-All carbon fiber white stitching/red ring wheel orders complete and shipping 2/12
-All carbon fiber blue stitching/blue ring wheel orders complete and shipping 2/12

After talking about the delay the owner of Signature Wheels offered to provide a steeper discount on a set of wheels to anyone that participated and had to wait. If you want to take them up on it now or in the future let me know. In any case I will also be back with tracking numbers from USPS for all those that go out. Check the addresses in your paypal profile and be sure they are accurate. If any of you have moved or prefer a different one let me know ASAP.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Here are a couple photos of what is coming :cheers:
93BB0093-6B0B-433A-83D6-3937380C8B1E.jpeg
09F0E17C-45A0-4279-AD89-49FB1693479D.jpeg
705B00AF-F29E-47E7-8859-519FB99CC376.jpeg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just so you guys are aware, DCTMS still plans to produce all of the steering wheels that were ordered. Hope is not lost for the Oceans 11 :-) . They are starting from scratch with them and it may take 4-5 weeks. I am just giving everyone who would have to wait the option to decide what they want to do. We all tend to fell less pressured when our money is in our own bank accounts, but they are going to hold up to their end of the bargain and make you a bad ass steering wheel.

If you want to throw in the towel all together just let me know so they do not build it in your specific combo. They got 200 of their skeletons built so the plan after the group buy is to ensure they have everything in place to fulfill future orders with the new production facility.

Last edited:

Kayva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As a member of the Oceans 11 :-) I am still in, if the wait time is estimated to be about 4-5 weeks. I am hoping to have this wheel before show season. Could I also get a confirmation on the color that I had ordered? It was suppose to be white stitching with blue stripe. Thanks.