Sponsored

Griot's Synthetic Clay...big believer now

Act1349

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A
I had a paint defect on my lower driver's side door that was driving me crazy. Factory paint screw up. 2019 GT 301A, ingot silver.

Of course I didn't discover it until the morning after I took delivery.

Dealership said they'd take care of it but I hadn't been able to being myself to give up the car to let them work on it yet. It was all I noticed everytime I got in the car and it sucked that I had this issue with a brand new car.

The defect seemed like black paint overspray. Almost like spray paint. No amount of washing or waxing or tar remover would touch it.

Anyway, on a whim today I picked up a Griot's synthetic clay block and went to work on the spot using 303 detailer as lube. It fixed the paint right up! I'm so stoked that my car is back to tip top shape. Big believer in the Griot's now. Before and after pictures...
Resized_20190831_175444.jpeg
20191020_120741.jpg
Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Hard to see the difference there, but yeah clay can take off mild overspray.

I hope you clayed the rest of the car while you were at it.

OP
OP
Act1349

Act1349

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A
Yeah, the pictures aren't great. The uneven black "shadowing" about an inch above the bottom of the door in the top picture that runs parallel to the length of the door was black overspray (or something similar).

I did not realize how much correction clay could actually do. I was thinking of having the whole door re-sprayed.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Clay is amazing stuff, and Griot's is top shelf along with the rest of their products.
Sponsored