Griot's Garage product is wheres it's at

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've owned my mustang for about 5 month now. Tried several products to find the right formula for me to wash and easily maintain it. Used mothers clay bar when I first got her. It worked but the product is trash. Took 6 to clay the car. Had to go over the car 3 times. First picture

I've tried several mothers products, chemical guy and hybrid waxes. Would look good for a week.

I recent got griot's garage surface wash and poly gloss. I wash my car weekly if not 2 times a week sometimes. I am throughly impressed. 45 minutes and shes washed and looking CLEAN. I've found my formula

You can tell right away the poly gloss is super hydrophobic. You can tell the before and after. 2nd and 3rd picture.

I would definitely recommend this product especially if you have OCD.
20190318_193535.jpg
part0(7).jpg
part0(3).jpg
20190712_184718.jpg
part0(6).jpg
part0(2).jpg
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks for posting. How do you apply these products? Foam cannon? Results look good. What do you do for drying? I've been looking at buying some kind of electric blower just so there's less contact with the paint. With a product that beads as well as this, drying would be quick.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I am about to pull the trigger on there Polisher after a lot of readings and comparison.

Let's see.

OP
OP
SilverStallion

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for posting. How do you apply these products? Foam cannon? Results look good. What do you do for drying? I've been looking at buying some kind of electric blower just so there's less contact with the paint. With a product that beads as well as this, drying would be quick.
No problem. I've spent way to much time looking up product reviews. I use a Portland power washer and a cheap Amazon foam cannon. Had to also get a different attachment with quick disconnect fittings for the gun part if the pressure washer. Dont have to apply both products twice but I do. 3oz of the surface wash and i was 3 oz of the poly gloss. Polygloss didn't foam like I wanted to so u might bump it to 5 oz.

For drying I use a sheeps skin towel . My girl got it for me . It sucked but I had to give it a shot since she got it. I ordered a griot's garage micro fiber towel and the chemical guys blow drier. Both products fairly cheap in price.

I'll take some picture of my setup later today

I am about to pull the trigger on there Polisher after a lot of readings and comparison.

Let's see.
From what I've seen doing my research I would

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks....

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No problem. I've spent way to much time looking up product reviews. I use a Portland power washer and a cheap Amazon foam cannon. Had to also get a different attachment with quick disconnect fittings for the gun part if the pressure washer. Dont have to apply both products twice but I do. 3oz of the surface wash and i was 3 oz of the poly gloss. Polygloss didn't foam like I wanted to so u might bump it to 5 oz.

For drying I use a sheeps skin towel . My girl got it for me . It sucked but I had to give it a shot since she got it. I ordered a griot's garage micro fiber towel and the chemical guys blow drier. Both products fairly cheap in price.

I'll take some picture of my setup later today
Can a foam cannon can be used on a regular garden hose? I will check out the Chemical Guys blower. Thank you.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
The GG's 6" DA polisher is a nice piece of kit, I picked one up last year. Get the 25ft cord and a 3" backing plate.

OP
OP
SilverStallion

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can a foam cannon can be used on a regular garden hose? I will check out the Chemical Guys blower. Thank you.
I havent used a garden hose but I'm sure it will do the job. I do foam cannon and soap in bucket method. For the poly gloss I use the foam cannon also but I'm sure the bucket method or garden hose method would work

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
The GG's 6" DA polisher is a nice piece of kit, I picked one up last year. Get the 25ft cord and a 3" backing plate.
Thanks for the suggestion @catchthecarp. Yes i will go that route. Should i also get the 5" back plate?

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Thanks for the suggestion @catchthecarp. Yes i will go that route. Should i also get the 5" back plate?
Yep, I got the 5" backing plate too, it was an extra $24. I bought 3 1/2" and 5 1/2" Lake Country flat pads(orange, white, blue, red) to use with it. I primarily use the 3 1/2" pads, I've found it's easier for me(total noob) to use/control the polisher. There's a learning curve with using it but it's not difficult to pick up. I've limited myself to using only a mild polish (Meg's 205) on the 4 cars I've done so far, all family member vehicles. Very happy with the machine and the results plus it's been kind of fun learning how to use it.

Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
+1 on the Griot's Garage (and Ingot Silver, lol). This is Griot's Spray Wax used while drying, then Speed Shine later to touch up.
mustang wax.jpg

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Let's see.
love mine, had it for over a year, used it today with there complete compound.....

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
love mine, had it for over a year, used it today with there complete compound.....
Thanks for the feedback. Definitively would be placing the order tommorow.

OP
OP
SilverStallion

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got a new product in this afternoon . Poorboys spray and rinse wheel cleaner. It is a acid based product but not sure of the amount or kind of acid. I was hesitant on ordering it but these wheels suck to clean. Reviews are pretty good. Doesnt smell strong but does the job quick. Very impressed.
20190723_195713.jpg
20190723_195722.jpg
20190723_195717.jpg
20190723_200749.jpg
20190723_200936.jpg
20190723_200742.jpg

Here a picture of my set up as well. All in I'm about 250 300 bucks in.
20190723_204628.jpg

Here's the list
- ryobi wand blade type with multiple tips
- cheap 16 dollar foam cannon
- micro fiber mop
- Portland pressure washer (northern tools)
- quick release garden hose attachment
- griots garage pfm micro fiber towel
(A must buy I dry my whole car in less. then 5 minutes)
- griots garage surface wash
- griots garage poly gloss
- poorboys world spray & rinse cleaner
- wash bucket

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm a fan, been using many of Griot's products for years. They never disappoint.

I have to say though, my favorite spray detailer these days is Joe Gibbs Driven Race Wax. The stuff is amazing, edges out the Speed Shine.
Sponsored