Green Mustangs?

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
could this be a new green color in the works?
unless something went wrong with the coloring...but all the other colors are there and looks to be normal...
there are only 2 in the whole parking lot on the north side of the plant...
not sure when this was taken but there are GT350's in the south lot so within the last year...
Sponsored

OP
OP
SINBUSTER007

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
forgot the pict
green mustangs.jpg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Looks like the return of Grabber Green for the Mach 1. The stripes on the right one would suggest that too.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
That hood stripe certainly looks like the original Mach 1 stripe. Also looks like there is a GT350 in the green color as well. I would think it would be way to early for production 2018s but these could be pre production trials. Or they are simply left over 2014 fleet models. Any time stamp for the image?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Possibly just Gotta Have it Green '14s........although I'll admit, the hood vent does look like the GT350's......and for the one on the right to be a Boss 302, it would have to be the Leguna Seca version for there not to be any side stripes coming off the hood.....and I'm pretty sure the LS wan't available in GHIG.

So, perhps Grabber Green really IS coming back!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh, and this from my post in the Mach 1 thread :shrug:

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
Not sure what sort of reputation this website has, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.themustangnews.com/conten.../#.V7sb7pgrLIU

"Things have been pretty quiet on the Mustang news desk when it comes to new specialty models as Ford has been busy talking up the new Focus RS and Ford GT, but this is all about to change in the coming year.

Two high-performance variations of the Ford Mustang are expected to break cover in the coming year, one of them at least before the end of calendar year 2016.

One of them, the long awaited return of the Mach 1. While some might ask when Ford will come up with something new instead of rehashing the same old themes, a Mach 1 will surely sell every copy they can make.

How comprehensive a package the Mach 1 will be is not yet entirely known. Test mules spotted around Ford’s Dearborn campus have shown cars with a different front fascia and rear spoiler treatment among a few detail changes.

Powering the Mach 1 is expected to be the 5.0-liter V8 with potentially a small but of extra power by way of a few adds like a higher flow exhaust and and perhaps a return of the shaker hood. Test mules however don’t reflect the latter.

A Mach 1 would serve to answer the extra track and performance adds a Chevrolet customer could get with the 1LE on top of the Camaro. This means the Mach 1 should be expected to have a more aggressive tire and wheel combination and a tighter suspension than the GT.

Interior treatments would feature special seat patterns and embroidered this and that just as have special editions in the past. The Mach 1 is not expected until a late 2017 or early 2018 model year launch and could hasten the return of at least one heritage color combination"

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Nice putting that together Twin Turbo. If they essentially have a finished, painted and striped car already then maybe we'll see it in LA in November as a 2017 model? Wouldn't line up with the 50th anniversary but everyone seems to think the Mach 1 will come sooner than MY2019 anyway. Could help to move some of the last 2017s before the refresh. Then maybe 2018 refresh and GT500 launches would come at Detroit at the same time, or GT500 in the spring in New York?

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
It sucks being color blind. I see lots of red, lots of black, and then a bunch of....grey? I can't see green on any of them!

Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is the only green I'd want
image.jpeg

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It sucks being color blind. I see lots of red, lots of black, and then a bunch of....grey? I can't see green on any of them!
Awww, my dad is the same way. I am glad I didn't get the same thing.