Great Video on the Mustang IRS

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
So many suspension videos talk about one or maybe two parts and then show only those parts, while holding in the hand, or very limited view under the car.

This is a great video because of its completeness. It shows the entire rear subframe (minus shocks and springs).
Here the subframe is out of the car and on the back of a pickup truck, so the entire system is viewable at the same time.
Then Kelly then explains how the parts work together, comparing stock to after-market.

@KellTrac Thank you so much for doing this. I learned a lot!

Bad parts: bonded bushings (binding)
Good parts: Delrin bushings (non-bonded) and spherical bearings
Sponsored

Last edited:

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So many suspension videos talk about one or maybe two parts and then show only those parts, while holding in the hand, or very limited view under the car.

This is a great video because of its completeness. It shows the entire rear subframe (minus shocks and springs).
Here the subframe is out of the car and on the back of a pickup truck, so the entire system is viewable at the same time.
Then Kelly then explains how the parts work together, comparing stock to after-market.

Nice.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Thanks for posting this, I enjoy his videos and hadn't seen this one yet.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G

Thanks for posting this.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Very informative video here! I have everything except an adjustable camber link. How important is that in a drag race setup?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Great video and tech - thanks for or sharing!

OP
OP
Järn

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Very informative video here! I have everything except an adjustable camber link. How important is that in a drag race setup?
I personally do not know. I did look at the part on Steeda's website, a few reviewers there mentioned that it took a few tenths off of the 60' time. You could ask this question in the Drag Strip forum...

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I personally do not know. I did look at the part on Steeda's website, a few reviewers there mentioned that it took a few tenths off of the 60' time. You could ask this question in the Drag Strip forum...
Will do. Thank you.

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
The main reason for an adjustable camber link for drag in your alignment, 0* camber is very important for traction on the drag strip. Big power cars that really squat the rear end benefit from slighly positive camber between 0* and 1*

The next reason to change the arms is bushing performance, factory rubber bushings allow a generous amount of deflection under load, reducing traction.

next is strength, not super important as S550 stock camber arms are strong enough for MOST builds. Some aftermarket camber arms are weaker than oem.
Sponsored