Sponsored

Great!!! Haven’t even had it a month yet!!!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Update! Her insurance called me today to get my “statement” I just hope that since this was on private property she doesn’t try to screw me over!
I don’t know about that. Let your insurance company deal with them. That’s why you have them.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get a police report?
I'm speaking from personal experience - first with my motorcycle, then with two different cars.
I know each state has different laws - but I can tell you all THREE times I was hit - the insurance of the driver who hit me would not do anything without a police report. Even my own insurance company said it makes things move MUCH faster.

With my motorcycle, the responding officer gave some crap about they don't issue a police report if there is no bodily injury and less than $1500 worth of damage. The bike was mint. I told him to replace the damaged fairings with OEM would be well over $1500 he just started at me. I ended up with the kid's insurance (who pulled out in front of me) saying his statement was different than mine and without a police report their "hands were tied". No shit.

Called me insurance and they said they would definitely step in and handle it - but advised me that getting a police report would most definitely speed the process up. I ended up getting in contact with the responding officer's supervisor. I had a police report emailed to me in a day. Submitted that to the driver's insurance company and had a check in less than a week.

OP
OP
NFG19

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Did you get a police report?
I'm speaking from personal experience - first with my motorcycle, then with two different cars.
I know each state has different laws - but I can tell you all THREE times I was hit - the insurance of the driver who hit me would not do anything without a police report. Even my own insurance company said it makes things move MUCH faster.

With my motorcycle, the responding officer gave some crap about they don't issue a police report if there is no bodily injury and less than $1500 worth of damage. The bike was mint. I told him to replace the damaged fairings with OEM would be well over $1500 he just started at me. I ended up with the kid's insurance (who pulled out in front of me) saying his statement was different than mine and without a police report their "hands were tied". No shit.

Called me insurance and they said they would definitely step in and handle it - but advised me that getting a police report would most definitely speed the process up. I ended up getting in contact with the responding officer's supervisor. I had a police report emailed to me in a day. Submitted that to the driver's insurance company and had a check in less than a week.
I called they police the wouldn’t send anybody out because it was private property!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I called they police the wouldn’t send anybody out because it was private property!
Wow, that sucks. found this interesting.

When to Report an Auto Accident in Alabama
In Alabama, the police do not have to investigate a car crash that only results in property damage, so there is no need to contact them. The law simply asks you to move off the roadway, if safe to do so, and exchange information with the other parties to the accident.
Drivers are required to immediately call law enforcement when a crash causes an injury or death. When a reportable accident occurs on an Alabama highway, you should dial *HP (*47) to reach the nearest state trooper post. Dial 911 for all other car accidents. All appropriate
emergency response services will be dispatched by their office. Be aware that many large cities in Alabama, such as Birmingham and Mobile, have their own reporting requirements.

OP
OP
NFG19

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Yea I usually have a dash cam but my old one took a dump! My new one arrived the day after it happened!

Sponsored

OP
OP
NFG19

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Update! I went to the store it happened at. It’s close to my house so I’m their almost daily. One of the clerks sad her grandmother came in asking about what happened. He told her she backed into me even tho I was blowing my horn. I really hope she dose the right thing and admits fault. If not at least the guy said he would be a witness.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Update! I went to the store it happened at. It’s close to my house so I’m their almost daily. One of the clerks sad her grandmother came in asking about what happened. He told her she backed into me even tho I was blowing my horn. I really hope she dose the right thing and admits fault. If not at least the guy said he would be a witness.
I guarantee she will try to avoid taking fault and you can get the statement from a completely unbiased witness. Definitely get insurance involved and don't let her off the hook that easy.

I'm rooting for you brother

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Sorry to hear OP. Soo what’s everyone using btw for a dash cam... both front & rear or just front?

OP
OP
NFG19

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
This is my second one. The first one lasted almost 5 years in the heat and cold!
33A0CE00-0ADD-455C-BC0F-3365E1B9FC13.png

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sorry to hear OP. Soo what’s everyone using btw for a dash cam... both front & rear or just front?
Front and rear. Plenty of times a rear recording can help after an "accident".

I use a Thinkware but don't make a blanket recommendation because there are trade-offs between brands/models and would have gone a different way if my priorities were different.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
NFG19

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Update! Just got a call from her insurance she accepted fault! Their preferred body shop is Joe Hudson anyone use them before? Her insurance seemed annoyed that I wanted to go with my body shop!

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Go to your body shop. Screw them, you aren’t paying for it. Get the best body shop you can get. Even if it cost them 5x more. I use dealership body shops due to warranty w ford.

using their bodyshop they get a cut on the work done for being preferred shop. But who do you want pleases? Them or you?

I take my cars to by far the most expensive shop. Don’t care, not your fault not your bill. Don’t feel bad

oh yeah, get that loss of value claim in.

OP
OP
NFG19

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Is the loss of value a separate claim or is it in the insurance claim? The last wreak I was in the driver had no insurance so I couldn’t claim loss of value!

OP
OP
NFG19

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Thanks I need like 4 of those one for each side of my mustang! Lol
Sponsored