Sponsored

Great driving Roads in the East coast...

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
So I live in Westchester county NY, I am waiting for my 2015 v6 to be delivered. I know that once I get it I'll be on the road a lot! I like driving on the Garden State Pkwy, New Jersey Turnpike S.

Any one know any great roads in the Tri State area?
I'm from GA but as my wife's family is from NJ, I get up to the NE states each year. Around Xmas we drove from NJ to the Catskills. Most of it was freeway, but we did hit a great stretch of road in the Hudson Highlands area just across the river from Bear Mtn state park. Being new to the area I'm not sure if that's similar to the other recommendations. some good roads in the Catskills area too, but some of the were a bit rough for performance driving due to potholes and such.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Take the Hutch north and drive the Merritt Parkway up to the Sikorsky Bridge. Just not between commuting hours.. Parking lot.

Really fun road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to intern at sikorsky, fun company

OP
OP

Alejandro_v6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
The bear mtn roads are sick!

I'm from GA but as my wife's family is from NJ, I get up to the NE states each year. Around Xmas we drove from NJ to the Catskills. Most of it was freeway, but we did hit a great stretch of road in the Hudson Highlands area just across the river from Bear Mtn state park. Being new to the area I'm not sure if that's similar to the other recommendations. some good roads in the Catskills area too, but some of the were a bit rough for performance driving due to potholes and such.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
The DC Metro area (like 395/495) is great for driving and known for its twisty roads! Especially in the morning and evening hours!
Lots of roads off Fairfax Co. Parkway that i'm a fan of.

Nowatertower

Nowatertower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Athena
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Interstate 64 in Virginia

Not sure if that counts as East Coast... My wife and I drove from Richmond, VA (NASCAR Sunday) back to Cincinnati. We took 64 across VA and WV. That road was STUNNING!!! If you have time ride it all the way into WV, sweet mountain pass along the way.

Sponsored

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
Thanks! And what is the app called?
Had to look it up once I got home. It is, very pretentiously, called "the ultimate drive" . You can't miss the bmw logo. But for a free app it's Worth a look

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Not sure if that counts as East Coast... My wife and I drove from Richmond, VA (NASCAR Sunday) back to Cincinnati. We took 64 across VA and WV. That road was STUNNING!!! If you have time ride it all the way into WV, sweet mountain pass along the way.
While I agree the views are stunning on 64, if you'd like a more winding road take 60. Just as many stunning views. It parallels 64 and has some very nice technical sections. It's obviously not the quick way to go but it's a fun drive if you have the time.
Sponsored