Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Has anyone else faced an issue with the tremec 6 speed when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear?
For my mach1, 6speed tremec, non handling pack, got it yesterday, did around 100 miles and I am having troubling getting it into 3rd gear. It simply won’t go. I have to really push it hard from 2nd and then it goes to 3rd that too not all the time. Is it a warmup issue or Is it because it’s new or am I doing something wrong. Not sure. Rest all other gears are super smooth.
Eh shouldn't be anything in particular; I can't say that my 3rd gear is harder than the others. I do find my shifter to be pretty notchy (has trouble going into gears from neutral), but I attribute that to the fact I have under 1,500 miles on the car. IMO from past cars it takes like ~5-10k miles for the true character of the shifter/clutch/trans to really present themselves.

If I were you I'd put another 1k miles on it and see if it's getting better before taking it into the shop, but that's me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That should not be. Of course when the trans is cold it can be a bit stiff and balky. Two things to check, first don't do the gear change as one motion but just take a little pausein the neutral gate before you push to third, sedond and second make absolutely sure you have the clutch pedal all the way to the floor when changing gears. I've done this before where you think you're fully depressing the clutch pedal and there's just a little gap and if the take up is near the floor (it really shouldn't be) there will e drag on the driveline and it won't want to go in gear.
If it's neither, then it sounds like you're going back to the dealer. Sorry.

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Has anyone else faced an issue with the tremec 6 speed when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear?
For my mach1, 6speed tremec, non handling pack, got it yesterday, did around 100 miles and I am having troubling getting it into 3rd gear. It simply won’t go. I have to really push it hard from 2nd and then it goes to 3rd that too not all the time. Is it a warmup issue or Is it because it’s new or am I doing something wrong. Not sure. Rest all other gears are super smooth.
I have not had that problem with mine. One issue I have had is it kick out of 1st when coming to a stop if I don't fully engage the clutch - driver error since I can prevent it from happening.

AUsomTiger

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I had similar issues when I first got my GT350(same transmission). Temps were only in 40's. And I'm sure it's similar, or colder temps where you're located right now. Transmission was a little stiff until warmed, but even then still some resistance. It wasn't until I put more mileage on it following Spring, and temps started getting near 70. It's simply a combination of cool weather, and a new, very tight transmission. Now, driving around in Summer, and 5K miles on it, it shifts nice and easy.

ajoev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ajoe
Vehicle(s)
mach1
Eh shouldn't be anything in particular; I can't say that my 3rd gear is harder than the others. I do find my shifter to be pretty notchy (has trouble going into gears from neutral), but I attribute that to the fact I have under 1,500 miles on the car. IMO from past cars it takes like ~5-10k miles for the true character of the shifter/clutch/trans to really present themselves.

If I were you I'd put another 1k miles on it and see if it's getting better before taking it into the shop, but that's me.
Yeah, I noticed an improvement today than yesterday. I guess this could be a warmup issue.

Sponsored

ajoev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ajoe
Vehicle(s)
mach1
I had similar issues when I first got my GT350(same transmission). Temps were only in 40's. And I'm sure it's similar, or colder temps where you're located right now. Transmission was a little stiff until warmed, but even then still some resistance. It wasn't until I put more mileage on it following Spring, and temps started getting near 70. It's simply a combination of cool weather, and a new, very tight transmission. Now, driving around in Summer, and 5K miles on it, it shifts nice and easy.
Yup, I am in the PNW, and the temperature here is below 40 all the time. I am thinking of putting more miles on it and see if the issue persists.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The 'maro and it's Tremec did something similar. Couldn't find 2nd gear for love or money when it was freezing temp.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Have a new Mach 1 waiting to be picked up at Granger- should I have the alignment checked by service before the truck gets there
I also found Granger from this forum- was an easy deal as car was just sitting there and timing is every thing. Called on a Monday and car was paid for on Tuesday.
I ordered a new Bronco here in Florida a year and a half ago- no car in sight- want one but looks like I will get a Land rover Defender instead,
Have a co worker with a 2021 Defender loaded with everything less than 6k miles he wants to sell it

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Is this "notchy under 1k miles" a Mustang thing? Or Tremec thing? I have driven quite a few cars (not sport ones though) which were new (few I owned, many rented) and never had a problem with a manual right from the start, in any climate or condition. Only European brands though (VW, Skoda, Mercedes, Seat, Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, Fiat).

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
On both my ordered '19 and '20 at first the shifts could be notchy, on the '20 reverse was hard to engage at first and it surprised me.

I daily drive in Cleveland, and it definitely feels a bit different on some shifts when cold vs when warmed up.

Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
It takes a while for it to break in. put about a thousand on it. You will love it

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
1643482537018.png

Driving home yesterday, got a message, unable to change active exhaust settings. Have seen this problem on other posts. I'm at 1,500 miles, didn't take long for my wires to wear through. I wish I would have marked the body where the sheet metal is wearing through the wires, but I didn't as I would have cut a notch there.
So what is the most durable fix for this other than just fixing the wires and putting it back in the same spot?

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yes, just a small radiator and the oil pump. It's dependent on air flow but is actually quite nicely ducted. I think it should work fine. Will test this summer when it's nice and hot at the track.
Sponsored