VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What's the problem with the two piece, funky lug-nut design? I don't like it either but what's the failure point and how much of a problem is it?

Also, a bit annoying that the lug nut recesses are much deeper in the front wheels than the back, lots harder to start the lug nuts. Not a big deal, but for someone who takes wheels and tires off a lot, it's just a little nuisance.

Another question. How do you turn off the horn honk when you get out of the car , close the door and the motor's still running?
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Another question. How do you turn off the horn honk when you get out of the car , close the door and the motor's still running?
forscan. there's several threads that document all the settings you can tweak.

ALuckyBum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nehemiah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1
  • The only issue I had is sometimes, hot or cold, engaging reverse can be a bit difficult. At those times would move shifter into first, then second, then try reverse, not sure that really helped but it would eventually go in. I don’t like having to use a lot of force to get anything into gear, but again might just be a “it’s new” factor.
I had the same problem as you trying to put the thing in reverse. I found that messing with position of the clutch would let me put it in without having to force it.

Also, I have the same experience of clunky shifts when the tranny is cool too. I have about 4200 miles on it and it hasn’t change. It only takes about 1 mile for it to warm up though. I don’t have the handling package and there is zero tramlining.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Good to hear. Cup2 are great (relatively speaking) on the track, but are poor/mediocre on the street. I've run RE-71R and AD-08R on the street too and they aren't really that much better. I think Ford would have been better off to offer PS4 as standard rather than offering cup2.

What I noticed too, is my tire inflation when I picked the car up was not optimal and I have very uneven wear across my tires just from 1,200 mile trip home. However, I still can't complain, the car overall is fantastic.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Good to hear. Cup2 are great (relatively speaking) on the track, but are poor/mediocre on the street. I've run RE-71R and AD-08R on the street too and they aren't really that much better. I think Ford would have been better off to offer PS4 as standard rather than offering cup2.

What I noticed too, is my tire inflation when I picked the car up was not optimal and I have very uneven wear across my tires just from 1,200 mile trip home. However, I still can't complain, the car overall is fantastic.
I'll have to agree with that statement; as long as they were the same size as the Cup 2's.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The diff bolt kit is another issue. Couldn't figure out how to make it work and sent an email to BMR. There are 6 bolts, with no washers though the instructions say put on lock-washer (and the washers are not removable from the OEM hardware), but it looks like the diff is attached by 4 bolts. The box the kit comes in says 2015-2017 Mustang, but on their web-site it's listed under 2015-2021 Mustang. So, I'm a bit confused about this part and just put the diff bolts back in until I figure out what I need or what I'm doing wrong.

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
I had the PPF done locally in Iowa before the drive. They did entire front, hood, fenders, bumper, rockers front to back and then had side windows and rear window tinted. Overall, excellent work. I had seen their work on a prior trip and thought I'd just have it done before the trip.

See above, the reason for the unsteady freeway tracking is that the car came with 1/8" TOE OUT. Makes the car really unstable. Factory alignment should be just a bit toe in.
Ordered a 2022 Mach 1 Nov 1 with all the goodies and I mean all, 700A, 10 speed auto, HP, Elite Package. I live in Fla and plan on flying to Iowa to pickup the car so do you recommend having Granger do the tint, PPF, alignment if needed?

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Firstly, it's a great road trip. Once you get out of Indiana the scenery changes (not that Iowa, Illinois or Indiana are bad) and from Kentucky on down it's really nice. If you have time you'll want to take some side-roads in TN and NC.
1) You can have Granger check your alignment since it's a long drive. I suspect my problem was a one-off, but 1,000+ miles with an alignment that's off is not ideal.
2) Tint is a no-brainer and though it could be done anywhere I think it's nice to have right as soon as you drive off.
3) I've had a long time to look at my car very, very closely as I polished and ceramic coated my paint. I still think the PPF is very well done. However, it depends on how much of a detail nut you are.
The PPF job is very good but not perfect. Here are the deficit areas so you decide:
a) The back of the front fenders are not wrapped around the edge, it's just right at the very edge of the back part of the fender. It's not visible to the casual view but if you're polishing your car you will see it.
b) The front bumper is also well done, but there are a couple of places where you can find some edges. Again, only when you are really close do you see this (not rub your cornea on the film close but within a foot or so)
c) there is one area on the very back of the hood (closest to the windshield) where for what must be cost savings, i.e. "let's not use another inch of film" there are two small pieces maybe 1 1/2" wide on the very back most part of the hood which has a pretty visible seam, as the hood curves in from those outside edges. This was almost certainly done to prevent using another two inches of full width PPF. If you look from the top of a Mustang hood you'll see the areas I'm talking about.
Otherwise it's a pretty nice job. However, if you are grade A anal-retentive you will be unhappy. If you are okay with really good but not perfect, for the price I think it's a pretty good deal. If you are a Cars & Coffee, concours type of person, you will hate it, but if you're not that picky, will be taking your car to the track or it will be a daily driver, I think it's completely serviceable and will be fine.

Hope that helps a bit. The Granger folks are outstanding, they will take care of you!

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
Granger didn't do a pre-delivery inspection because I found the shipping blocks after getting home and tire pressure was very high. I enjoyed everything about ordering and driving it home... but check their work!

ajoev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ajoe
Vehicle(s)
mach1
Has anyone else faced an issue with the tremec 6 speed when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear?
For my mach1, 6speed tremec, non handling pack, got it yesterday, did around 100 miles and I am having troubling getting it into 3rd gear. It simply won’t go. I have to really push it hard from 2nd and then it goes to 3rd that too not all the time. Is it a warmup issue or Is it because it’s new or am I doing something wrong. Not sure. Rest all other gears are super smooth.
Sponsored