Sponsored

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Black Accent pkg
I really feel the 16 gal tank is holding this car from becoming a very awesome grand tourer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I agree, just 2 more gallons would make a big difference and give you range at least a bit closer to most other vehicles on the road. No one loves the gas station, especially now!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
While I agree the tank doesn’t get you very far, im not sure 2 gallons would cut it. At least not so far from my experience. Based on my averages that would give me an extra 30 miles lol. Not exactly life changing :giggle:

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Congrats …..…. on getting your full spec 2021 700A-6M-HP delivered.

[/rant]

-

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I really feel the 16 gal tank is holding this car from becoming a very awesome grand tourer.
If you need to max range try driving very conservatively, cruise control and easy acceleration, of course check your tire pressures, maybe firm them up a bit, it did not affect my handling or ride quality.

If in manual look up the economic shift speeds. I wrote them down and posted them to dash until I got used to them. I can easily get over the hwy MPG rating. With easy driving at 65-70mph, never faster, I get around 27-29ish indicated MPG, sometimes its breaks 30 threshold in great conditions. Thing is the minute you start driving harder, it starts to gulp quickly.

After repeated testing when my car reads 0 miles to empty (MTE) I have 1 gallon left in the tank. This doesn't change much if I was driving conservative the whole time on that tank or aggressively, its always about 1 gallon left. One of my S197s would do the same thing. In maintenance mode for the dash I could change this factor and it would correct the reading to 0 MTE really means outta gas if I wanted to.

The S197 premium, also had a superior MPG display and trip odometer. It would actually calc "fuel used" and it was always dead on accurate regardless of MTE. I miss that feature.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I've got to come back and read this whole thing. Looks interesting.
I do love silver Mustangs.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
If you need to max range try driving very conservatively, cruise control and easy acceleration, of course check your tire pressures, maybe firm them up a bit, it did not affect my handling or ride quality.

If in manual look up the economic shift speeds. I wrote them down and posted them to dash until I got used to them. I can easily get over the hwy MPG rating. With easy driving at 65-70mph, never faster, I get around 27-29ish indicated MPG, sometimes its breaks 30 threshold in great conditions. Thing is the minute you start driving harder, it starts to gulp quickly.

After repeated testing when my car reads 0 miles to empty (MTE) I have 1 gallon left in the tank. This doesn't change much if I was driving conservative the whole time on that tank or aggressively, its always about 1 gallon left. One of my S197s would do the same thing. In maintenance mode for the dash I could change this factor and it would correct the reading to 0 MTE really means outta gas if I wanted to.

The S197 premium, also had a superior MPG display and trip odometer. It would actually calc "fuel used" and it was always dead on accurate regardless of MTE. I miss that feature.
Thank you for the info. Especially the “empty” data.

I’m pulling an average 19.6 going to and from work using the economy shifting data from the manual (for the most part 😈). Of course my drive to work is almost like a road course. So enjoyable lol.

I have not taken it yet on a long cruise, but it’s nice to know that you can cruise economically.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Can't believe it was off that bad from the factory. Yikes.
Thank you for the info. Especially the “empty” data.

I’m pulling an average 19.6 going to and from work using the economy shifting data from the manual (for the most part 😈). Of course my drive to work is almost like a road course. So enjoyable lol.

I have not taken it yet on a long cruise, but it’s nice to know that you can cruise economically.
You need the flux capacitor to get infinite mileage.🤣🤣🤣

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
You need the flux capacitor to get infinite mileage.🤣🤣🤣
That flux capacitor needs a matching Mr Fusion for the ultimate mileage.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Oh my goodness NO! You removed the stickers that say Mach 1? But what about the Heritage? How will you and others know you have a Mach 1? What about the resale value? :cwl:

Just kidding, it looks fantastic without the stickers. If I got a Mach 1, that would be the first mod. Well done, looks gorgeous.

Then again, folks that retain the stickers on their Mach 1 is fine with me. It's their Mustang, not mine. You do you.

Sponsored

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Black Accent pkg

I do those things. I love the mpg of the car n the highway and I don’t have any issue with mpg in long drives.

That said, I really wish the s550 has at least an 18 gal capacity like other grand tourers.

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'll post some interesting things about the Mach 1 today. I have the car on my lift.
First finding, wheels and tires are heavy!
Front wheel - complete balancing weights and everything - 59.3 pounds
Rear Wheel - as above - 60.3 pounds
Total weight all 4 wheels and tires - 239.2 pounds.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Front ducting for brakes is not rocket science but a nice and simple solution.
94BE2B22-B9E1-4B3F-B5BA-A7721EC622FB_1_105_c.jpeg
6D209E41-7577-4A97-9EBD-7EFCEE1A2F16_1_105_c.jpeg
Yup, simple and cost-effective too.

Thought I would add a DIY alignment for others to use in case they are experiencing the same issues. I found this in my recent Road&Track. Not sure how well this will show but I hope it helps.

Alignment 1.jpg

Alignment 2.jpg

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thanks for posting, that's useful. The rear suspension sure seems complex, lots of links, arms, bushings and mounting points. I'm sure there are reasons (hopefully reduced camber and toe change through the full range of suspension motion), however it's clear from the angles to the carrier if you adjust the toe you will change the camber. Adjusting toe-OUT looks to cause negative camber and adjusting toe-IN will move suspension to positive camber. Will be a bit tricky to juggle the camber and toe adjustments to get things just right.

2A3E16B2-C98F-4DD0-B0F3-C26E2685573E_1_105_c.jpeg
CD5ADC88-2DFA-4ED5-834E-F75B768E95E7_1_105_c.jpeg
Sponsored