GraceNotes and SYNC 3 Album Art thread

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Seems to be a lot of issues with SYNC and Gracenotes and its Apple-like way of wanting to take over. I have found bits and pieces of info in the monster CarPlay/Android Auto thread and thought we should have a separate thread.

My issue: My USB connected 2TB drive with 15,000+ songs, all tediously tagged and "arted" gets trumped with Gracenotes' genre and queer-ass paparazzi photos as cover art. I have turned off Gracenotes management and selected Media Player as Album Art Priority to no avail.

I have found this article to be helpful and will try to follow it's advice. It seems it is a known bug that you can't shut it off!

This page also gives some insight on what each setting does.

I'm going to try a few things over the next week and keep you updated.

Feel free to post your expiences
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yeah, same happened to me when I installed the "unofficial' version of SYNC 2.2. No Gracenote version number, and no album art and voice control. Not even my embedded art worked. After installing the "official" version everything came back, including all of Gracenotes micromanagement.

Funny you should mention installing a broken Gracenotes to fix it, I found this:

[ame]

HarmonatoR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
paraboxic.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ugh, this is super annoying. I've spent a lot of time adding album art and getting all the album's tags lined up and it was working perfectly on version 1.0. Now at 2.2, even after setting Gracenote off, still doesn't show anything... or it will show a generic photo from what I assume is the Gracenote database. Which is strange, since I've disabled Gracenote and set priority to the media device. :mad:

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So for those that lost Gracenotes (good riddin's, except you won't get ANY album art) I can tell you what I did:
Download SYNC 3 2.2 to thumb drive from Ford website and follow their directions EXACTLY.
Start car.
Do Master Reset of SYNC - follow suggestions from head unit.
Start and complete SYNC 3 2.2 upgrade (as per Fords directions)
Turn car off - wait 15 minutes
Start car
Gracenotes came back, voice commands came back, and all that crappy album art comes back, as well as genre's and ID tags I didn't add.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So for those that lost Gracenotes (good riddin's, except you won't get ANY album art) I can tell you what I did:
Download SYNC 3 2.2 to thumb drive from Ford website and follow their directions EXACTLY.
Start car.
Do Master Reset of SYNC - follow suggestions from head unit.
Start and complete SYNC 3 2.2 upgrade (as per Fords directions)
Turn car off - wait 15 minutes
Start car
Gracenotes came back, voice commands came back, and all that crappy album art comes back, as well as genre's and ID tags I didn't add.
I've done that.

It didn't work.
Sponsored