Sponsored

Got pulled over, no front plate

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
State trooper stopped me today for no front plate. Guy was very polite and professional, apologized for the fact that it's required and only gave me a warning to fix it.

Ordering a Craig's custom bracket bow I guess...
Sponsored

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealership screwed the wholes on mine and I still haven't put it on. lol Glad you only got a warning :)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've driven for years in Austin without front plates on several cars. I know they are sticklers for it in DFW. I got hit with a warning when I was 17 with my '97 Firebird Formula with no front plate. It's way more relaxed down here.

I don't see why it's such a huge issue. They use the rear plates the most anyway and traffic cameras are actually being taken down around Round Rock\Austin due to false tickets and costing more money than they're making.

Johnjdpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 50th App, Roush - AB, CAI, Tuned
I have not put my license plate on (luckily the dealership did not screw the holes) but I have a flip-up license plate bracket that was on sale for when the inevitable comes.

My wife was actually pulled over by our local police for a speeding ticket and never once was mentioned that her front license plate is missing. YMMV

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I got a ticket in Plano for this a few years ago. 160 bucks. I use the sto and show bracket because I'm not in the mood for another one of those.

Sponsored

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a ticket in Plano for this a few years ago. 160 bucks. I use the sto and show bracket because I'm not in the mood for another one of those.
The one and only brush with the law you've ever had. :tsk:

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I got stopped on the first day of ownership on the way home from the dealership with no front plate. I showed the officer that the car had 7km on it and escaped with a warning lol.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I didn't want to drill holes in the front of the bumper for a front plate, and I still will not. I order that sto-n-sho like [MENTION=15416]Tcstang[/MENTION], and it works like a charm! I can take the front plate off with ease whenever I want.

OP
OP
PhillMcKraken

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't like the show n stow because it blocks the intercooler. Craig's bracket is on the way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PhillMcKraken

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I.... Didn't even know that was an option. Oh well.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I've driven for years in Austin without front plates on several cars. I know they are sticklers for it in DFW. I got hit with a warning when I was 17 with my '97 Firebird Formula with no front plate. It's way more relaxed down here.

I don't see why it's such a huge issue. They use the rear plates the most anyway and traffic cameras are actually being taken down around Round Rock\Austin due to false tickets and costing more money than they're making.
It's a source of revenue in Texas. Front plate is what the LASER is aimed at for speeding tickets. Without a front plate they get money from you for not having it installed. It's BS and probably won't change anytime soon.
Sponsored