Sponsored

Got our 2020 CFTP out to the track this weekend (MSR Houston)

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Finally, we got a dry track weekend and a first true opportunity to really start pushing our 2020 GT500 around MSR Houston since we got it in December of last year (we attempted a track weekend in January with it that was OK, but it rained most of the time đź‘Ž). Since that time, I've been pretty heavily tracking our Mach 1 that we got in March since it has rained just about every track weekend opportunity we have had this year. It was quite an interesting experience transitioning/adjusting to the GT500. I've got plenty to learn to get this car to the limit, but all I can conclude with is what everyone else here already knows - its an amazing machine!

Anyways, just wanted to share a video of a few of my better, traffic free laps from the weekend. Hoping to get it back out in November. Enjoy!
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it!

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
Finally, we got a dry track weekend and a first true opportunity to really start pushing our 2020 GT500 around MSR Houston since we got it in December of last year (we attempted a track weekend in January with it that was OK, but it rained most of the time đź‘Ž). Since that time, I've been pretty heavily tracking our Mach 1 that we got in March since it has rained just about every track weekend opportunity we have had this year. It was quite an interesting experience transitioning/adjusting to the GT500. I've got plenty to learn to get this car to the limit, but all I can conclude with is what everyone else here already knows - its an amazing machine!

Anyways, just wanted to share a video of a few of my better, traffic free laps from the weekend. Hoping to get it back out in November. Enjoy!
do you have written somewhere what you have done to it to hear the whine like that? that sounds amazing

Reactions: NTB

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Love how you sucked the paint off that Cayman!

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Great job, what app are you using to show your data?

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Looks like you had a blast! What an amazing car.
I love the GT500, but honest question..doesn’t the whine get to you after a while?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Looks like you had a blast! What an amazing car.
I love the GT500, but honest question..doesn’t the whine get to you after a while?
Yes, it makes you want to stand on it every time you possibly can...

OP
OP
raidernixon

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Hey all!

The supercharger wine is exaggerated in the video. I am running dual mics into a gopro camera. One mic is mounted in the trunk, the other is mounted near the battery box. You can still hear the wine in the cabin, but at probably half of the volume perceived in the recording. I was hoping the audio feed from each mic would record independently in the left and right channel so I could mix them in properly, but it didnt work out they way I was wanting. I've got a solution to capture both independently next time.

I am using a OBDLink MX+ bluetooth scanner for capturing the car data, a QStarz 818XT 10Hz bluetooth GPS module for GPS data, and track addicts to capture the data. The video and audio is being captured through a gopro 9 camera. I use Race Render to bring the data, audio and video together.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Hey all!

The supercharger wine is exaggerated in the video. I am running dual mics into a gopro camera. One mic is mounted in the trunk, the other is mounted near the battery box. You can still hear the wine in the cabin, but at probably half of the volume perceived in the recording. I was hoping the audio feed from each mic would record independently in the left and right channel so I could mix them in properly, but it didnt work out they way I was wanting. I've got a solution to capture both independently next time.

I am using a OBDLink MX+ bluetooth scanner for capturing the car data, a QStarz 818XT 10Hz bluetooth GPS module for GPS data, and track addicts to capture the data. The video and audio is being captured through a gopro 9 camera. I use Race Render to bring the data, audio and video together.
Thank you. That’s what I thought from last time I was in one. Nice video and enjoy it!
Sponsored