Sponsored

Got one! Fly out tomorrow, what is the tape I need to protect?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hello!

Just got a 2020 GT350!
Fly out tomorrow to get it.
What is the tape I need to protect the front etc from rocks?

Thanks!
On short notice, you can just get blue painters tape (as wide as possible.). Don’t cover the headlights unless you turn them off. The HID’s can overheat and burn out easily when covered.

Alternatively you could just stay 5-10 car lengths back from other cars and you won’t have to worry about rock chips.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
On short notice, you can just get blue painters tape (as wide as possible.). Don’t cover the headlights unless you turn them off. The HID’s can overheat and burn out easily when covered.

Alternatively you could just stay 5-10 car lengths back from other cars and you won’t have to worry about rock chips.
Also, congrats!

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow

Thanks Man!

I have a few days there so if the "real" stuff is something I can overnight from Amazon I can due that

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Track Armour is in the ballpark of what you’re looking for. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/TrackArmour-...+car&qid=1596586736&sprefix=track+wrap&sr=8-3
My personal recommendation though, just from an ease of use standpoint if you’ve never done any vinyl application, the blue painters tape would be way easier than applying a track wrap at a dealership in the parking lot or showroom. You could always double up on painters tape if you felt it necessary. Just my $.02

OMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang GT convertible 35th Special
Road Warrior liquid latex works well and is fairly easy to take off.
Does a good job if you put on 2 or 3 coats. Easy roll on application.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I used Trac Wrap from Xpel. It protected great but dang it was hard to get off the residue off later.

Where are you flying out to, to pick it up. I flew to Cincinnati to pick up mine and drive back to GA. I still haven't had it back home in Colorado Springs yet.

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Congrats and agree with Tom, as research says Trakktape is the best temporary protection, although many people use painters tape.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats and agree with Tom, as research says Trakktape is the best temporary protection, although many people use painters tape.
Yes, OP, the stuff is 5 mil thick. Debris doesn't get through at the track. You get what you pay for.

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I used Trac Wrap from Xpel. It protected great but dang it was hard to get off the residue off later.

Where are you flying out to, to pick it up. I flew to Cincinnati to pick up mine and drive back to GA. I still haven't had it back home in Colorado Springs yet.
You are in the Springs too? I’m flying to Texas, oddly that is where I’m from.
Sponsored