Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Well they did 86 the V6.

I think it’s cool. BTW I was one of the guys who actively pursued getting a V6 before it disappeared. No Ecoboost for me and with no base 5.0 in Canada I was not spending 18-20 grand more for 2 cylinders. Nowadays it is cool to drive the six and know there will be no more. I just hated the marketing hatchet job they did to make sure everyone thought the Eco was better than the six in every way. Those who know the score know better. One underrated car and yes:

They did 86 the V6...

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
V6 Mafia.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
V6 Mafia.
:thumbsup:

BTW: I had a 1989 5.0 LX hatchback I bought new. I put 375,000 kilometres (not miles but still way more than you) on that baby before I sold it to a guy who restores Mustangs (Mustangs Alley). Best car I ever owned and aside from an intake gasket that was recalled I have never had to work on that engine. That was a legendary car! The V6 has surprised me too. Not one issue after like nine months. I may keep this one for a long time as well.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
I will second that! I’m keeping my 3.7 for a long time as well. It reminds me of a modern day Fairlady Z (substituting the inline for a V in the 6 of course). Fast & cheap speed that is sexy as f*&k! ;-)

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
"No longer available on the menu" so I grabbed a new one while I could.
IMG_8331.jpg

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Well they did 86 the V6.

I think it’s cool. BTW I was one of the guys who actively pursued getting a V6 before it disappeared. No Ecoboost for me and with no base 5.0 in Canada I was not spending 18-20 grand more for 2 cylinders. Nowadays it is cool to drive the six and know there will be no more. I just hated the marketing hatchet job they did to make sure everyone thought the Eco was better than the six in every way. Those who know the score know better. One underrated car and yes:

They did 86 the V6...
Not sure how accurate it is but from a talk I heard the lead engineers giving was that it performed better with the 10 speed automatic transmission.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I just hated the marketing hatchet job they did to make sure everyone thought the Eco was better than the six in every way. Those who know the score know better.
Besides the forum rule against inter-model bashing, what's your consistent gripe on the EB? It's to a point where you regularly bring it up even on threads that has nothing to do with EBs. Did you have a series of EBs that went Ecoboom on you? Did someone driving an EB killed your family member?

So tell me about this "score"? Did V6s sell better than EBs? Are there more V6s on the road than EBs? Are there more record holders for V6s? Are there better aftermarket support for V6s? Did Ford kill off V6s because it was in a such a high demand and they don't like to make a profit?

Don't get me wrong, V6 is a solid engine and I feel that it was shafted by both Ford and aftermarket community but with similar pricing and performance figures, it made sense for Ford to stick with the EB that has a better positive impact on their CAFE figures.

Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t speak for Fatguy Bull Run, but if I was going to guess, I would presume he means that Ford wouldn’t sell you a V6 with 4 pot brakes, the beefier suspension goodies or the Recaro’s. And...the fact that Ford didn’t have any V6’s in their test fleets so that no major publications did any test drives on the base model S550...Except for one page by Car & Driver, a rental perhaps?

Is that right Fatguy?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I can’t speak for Fatguy Bull Run, but if I was going to guess, I would presume he means that Ford wouldn’t sell you a V6 with 4 pot brakes, the beefier suspension goodies or the Recaro’s. And...the fact that Ford didn’t have any V6’s in their test fleets so that no major publications did any test drives on the base model S550...Except for one page by Car & Driver, a rental perhaps?

Is that right Fatguy?
Yup. Plus handing out lowballed power and torque figures at 87 octane (actual is more like 308 and 287 torque) Lack of fog lights for no reason but Canada got them standard. It just went on and on...and everyone seemed to buy into the marketing. But I didn’t and I made the right decision.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually with the 051a package, fog lamps were available from Ford on the cabriolet all three years and for the first two years on the coupe.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
But I agree about the HP numbers being decreased.

At least Ford built the S550 with a V6 at all!

Thank you FoMoCo!

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Well they did 86 the V6.

They did 86 the V6...
Have they dropped the base GT in Canada for the 2018 model year? That's sort of shooting themselves in the foot. Man, why do they always do silly things like that?

But, it sort of explains why I had to special order mine. We could not find a Base GT on any lot in blue in Western Canada. Closest one at the time was in Winnipeg and it had Recaro's which I didn't want. Higher markup on the Premiums and you know Canada is all about squeezing every nickel out of it's citizens. :doh:

I had seriously considered getting a V6 myself and with the savings over the V8, I had planned to "option up" my 6 and make it a loaded V6. Then I learned there are NO options on the V6. It's one flavour. Pick your color, pick your transmission, two choices of wheels and get out. I did not like that idea.
Sponsored