Sponsored

Got my Cervinis hood delivery just now. Small hole in it

ISSA V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Custom body hottie
I was on the fence about rejecting the delivery, but decided to accept. There's a small hole in the hood as if it was stabbed with a small tweezer. Do you think a body shop can fill this or make it go away? I have zero knowledge on fixing holes/pokes/chips. Do you guys think this will be a headache? I'm super anal about minor detail. (on the third pic, you can click and view full resolution to see the hole relative to the full hood)

20170926_203158.jpg

20170926_204832.jpg

Inked20170926_205441_LI.jpg
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
it can be filled and fixed but i would have sent it back. or call cervinis and tell them it came damaged and send them the pics they might knock off money to compensate you getting it fixed

OP
OP
ISSA V6

ISSA V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They kind of gave me a hard time. They told me that "It's only a small hole from what we can see, a body shop should be able to take care of it. After all, you did sign the delivery receipt, indemnifying the delivery company, it doesn't look to be so big of an issue that you would need to wait another few weeks on another hood".

This is after I had to call back 2 times for a single update after being promised a return call as soon as they received the images. "Oh we just received the images you sent 2 hours ago, as soon as you called just now"

I didn't even have words, i just told them that I will collect my thoughts and get back to them tomorrow

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Unfortunately, you accepted delivery. I would have sent it back. I know it is disappointing. I did just that with a 600-pound, $2K table saw that I waited weeks for. The entire shipping box was crushed/torn and the fence rail was bent, etc. Very disappointing to send it back, but I paid for a pristine, new tool.

I'd say the best you could hope for is for them to refund you the cost or close to it, for getting a body shop to repair it. A decent body shop will be able to make the repair and blend paint the repair area. Should not have to repaint the whole hood. I'd say you're looking at $200-$300 for that. Bodywork isn't cheap.

OP
OP
ISSA V6

ISSA V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI, the hood is unpainted, what you're looking at is the primer. body shop said just now that they might not even charge extra or very little to patch it while prepping

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Well, that's awesome news! Going by the pics, I thought the hood was painted white...I mean, it IS painted white, but I didn't know it was just primer. You're probably already paying the body shop $600-ish to paint it. They should just throw in that little repair, or tack $20-$30 at max on the bill. In that case, I probably would've just accepted the hood too, knowing it was going to be painted and the repair is very minor. Big diff b/t what you have and if the hood was already painted/sealed/polished. Good news and good luck!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't have accepted the delivery. In fact, I would have opened it before the delivery person left to make sure it was perfect.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I wouldn't have accepted the delivery. In fact, I would have opened it before the delivery person left to make sure it was perfect.
Looks to me like he is inspecting it while it's still on the truck :shrug:

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cervinis will generally ask you to provide video proof of you destroying the hood. Then they send you a new one. That policy seems ridiculous to me. It would be in their best interest to just refund you like $100 or so.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I freaking love that hood. I just hate the weight of FG.

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Bought Cervinis grill for more than $400 but the plastic they use looks like s**t, not to mention design. Just stay away with Cervinis.
Sponsored