Got a visit from a LEO today about my Mustang

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Look, this is a performance car forum not mothers against drunk driving. Never exceed the speed limit and never rolled through a stop sign? Yah right guys!

g.
Boy did you miss my point.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Boy did you miss my point.

I get it but when you question a cop that gives you a ticket he will say even if the equipment is wrong you have sped a zillion times in the past and he would be right. So he isn’t losing any sleep over it.

I get more respect from the cops for challenging the law and not their enforcement of it!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One of my "clients" complained that every time he had any contact with LEOs, he ended up getting beaten, restrained, and arrested.
This is why you never NEVER name your kid "F yo mama". Makes it hard to get past that what's your name question.

ckaiser522

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I have been pulled over for "Exhibition of speed". in the LEO opinion I accelerated to the speed limit too quickly (this is apparently illegal). After taking that to traffic court the judge dropped the charge due to footage from the LEO patrol unit dash cam/video footage. No tire spin, No chirp between gears, and (this time) I let off when I reached the posted limit. The old man on the bench said that if he were exhibiting speed in his 95 GT at least one of those tire related events would have happened. I just winked at the LEO on the way out of court. I guess I got lucky that the judge was a car guy because I was sure I was paying that fine, and probably should have in retrospect.

Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Lol, “press charges”, not happening.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing new here

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Unfortunately, there are some that don’t understand that a LOUD exhaust system does not equal a setup that sounds GOOD. Rarely do the two go hand in hand. In my area, most tend to have LOUD setups on their cars that sound like crap.
My favorite profile pic yet...

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, there are some that don’t understand that a LOUD exhaust system does not equal a setup that sounds GOOD. Rarely do the two go hand in hand. In my area, most tend to have LOUD setups on their cars that sound like crap.
Almost anything with FlowMasters on it.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
This is why as soon as I can afford it, I'm gonna buy an acreage outside of town. Nobody cares what you do on a rural road. I hate living in a subdivision. Some idiot is always doing something annoying, or complaining about something I'm doing. People suck. I need at least about 5 acres for myself so nobody can bug me. I think I will be able to swing that in about 5 more years.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
This is why as soon as I can afford it, I'm gonna buy an acreage outside of town. Nobody cares what you do on a rural road. I hate living in a subdivision. Some idiot is always doing something annoying, or complaining about something I'm doing. People suck. I need at least about 5 acres for myself so nobody can bug me. I think I will be able to swing that in about 5 more years.
I've lived in the country on 5 acres or more in several places most of my adult life. Believe it when I say people are still idiots and offensive even with a little space around them. Geography is not the solution... A deserted island - maybe! LOL

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My personal rule is; never break a law if anyone can see you. and, there aren't many places one can do a second gear pull without breaking a law . . .
You must really annoy people in traffic. I can't even remember the last time I saw someone going the speed limit on the highway.

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You must really annoy people in traffic. I can't even remember the last time I saw someone going the speed limit on the highway.
Another Neanderthal corvette driver? Don't think for a minute I care about annoying anyone!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness." Then what happened?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Another Neanderthal corvette driver? Don't think for a minute I care about annoying anyone!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness." Then what happened?
Did you call me a neanderthal in the name of charity and good will?
Sponsored