Sponsored

Got a visit from a LEO today about my Mustang

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
There is a s197 with a loud exhaust in my neighborhood, and every time he drives by, my wife hears it and thinks he's speeding down the street. I told her multiple times that he's not going fast, and she didn't believe me until the other day when she actually saw him, going normal speeds but still being loud.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Fair enough but I’m not ripping thru the neighborhood. My wife and daughters drive faster than I do in there Honda’s and Subaru’s.
Okay, I get that you're upset your wife and daughter are faster than you, but not cool to dime them.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I've never seen a radar print out in New York and I've gotten a few tickets over the years. :thumbsdown:

Don’t let these guys get to you. Bugged me when I got my little letter complete with police letterhead.

But yes, don’t let them (the guys here) get to you. Have fun here like I do. If your a businessman work out the cost of ownership for some of these guys. I worked out one guy paying 2-3 thousand dollars per mile on his car? Now that is something to be called out on, but here they are having a go at you.

That’s just funny. Haha...

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
So, threw wife and daughter under the bus?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Good. You deserve that if you do that. You stop for stop signs, not slow down and roll the stop sign.

See...

They are everywhere.

But if you just keep it to hollering at people fair enough. Calling the cops on the other hand...

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I had multiple cops in my city tell me unless they witness it themselves they can’t do anything about it (aggressive driving, speeding, etc.). I find it suspicious that they said that it depends on if the person “presses charges”, that sounds like 100% BS to me. A citizen can’t “press charges” against you for speeding as far as I know.

Cop knew they didn’t have anything on you so they were probably just trying to scare you (common tactic in incidents where they can’t actually do anything). I would ignore it and not worry about it. Also, in my state a cop can’t even (well they can, but it’d get thrown out in court) charge you with speeding unless they have a radar print out, so no estimating speed or anything.
Exactly. They can't press charges on an unfounded complaint. Such a line of shit the cop has.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
See...

They are everywhere.

But if you just keep it to hollering at people fair enough. Calling the cops on the other hand...
You should learn to abide the laws of the road and not put other people's safety at risk because you are too lazy and selfish to make a complete stop. I live in Toronto too and just a couple weeks ago someone ran a stop sign and almost hit a lady crossing with her baby stroller.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Had an altercation with another driver close to home (he cut me off). Any way about 30 minutes later the house phone rings and it's LEO. The guy called the cops after he got home and complained I was being aggressive and he feared for his safety. I got pissed, told the cop, he cut me off then proceeded to stop in the middle of the road after I protested. After I got home he pulls up at the end of my driveway and sits there for a minute. Not the behaviour of someone concerned for their safety. I actually dialled 911 when I saw him at the bottom of my driveway, but immediately hung up as he pulled away. Half expected a call back, but I was so quick, didn't register my number. Anyway told the cop I had the whole thing on dashcam, and would be happy to bring it to the station next morning. Never heard another word.

People are assholes. So glad I have dashcams in all my cars.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
tenor (3).gif

Sponsored

paul_g

As a former active duty USAF member for 10 years, I’ve lived/driven on a lot of AF bases.

Speed limit through base housing was 15mph, main roads usually 25 mph. Security Police and base rules were not forgiving if you went through over... you didn’t get a fine instead you got reported to your first sgt and commander.

Military lifestyle also taught me to be considerate and conscientious, think of others before your self. (Service before self) and adhering to and enforcing standards. Adhere to rules and regulations and understand why they are in place and enforced.

I now live in a pretty nice master planned
housing community and I duly inform the ignorant when they come down my culdesac doing 40 mph in a 15 mph zone that they need to slow down.

My dash cams and house security cams pick up theirs shenanigans all the time.

The speeders are much a like in character and traits, their houses seem in disarray and there always seems to be chaos emitting from their house.

For those people, they seem oblivious to their surroundings and how they affect the lives of others. One such person almost t-boned me yesterday as I was pulling my GT/CS out of the driveway. Luckily I was driving slow anticipating the likes of this type.

I live on a dead end and they’re in the second to last house, yet 40 mph to them is acceptable. Child wasn’t in child seat and they existed the car yelling and actually left the car running by accident. Normal for this lot.

I spoke to them kindly and asked them to slow down. Three houses prior there is a family with two twin autistic little girls who often run into the street with out looking, along with a lot of other little kids who like to use their scooters in the streets.

I knew someone who hit a child once, it destroyed their life and they never drove again.

For those people I say, get your act together man, grow up, clean up the chaos in your life and stop putting me, my family,
lives of others and my property in danger.

< drop microphone - walk off stage > :)

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You should learn to abide the laws of the road and not put other people's safety at risk because you are too lazy and selfish to make a complete stop. I live in Toronto too and just a couple weeks ago someone ran a stop sign and almost hit a lady crossing with her baby stroller.

Ah, so now I’m the bad guy cause some woman yelled at me once.

And you never once rolled through a stop sign? Be honest? In the insurance industry you break the traffic law about 500 times before you get a ticket. We are all sinners dude! The ones that road rage over minor traffic rule violations are actually the most unsafe as they let their emotions get out of control...

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Good. You deserve that if you do that. You stop for stop signs, not slow down and roll the stop sign.
Some folks can't deal with words that have four syllables. S-T-O-P has four syllables to many of 'em.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
The fun police are not jealous of your stuff. The neighbors aren't either. If you have a Mustang, it doesn't matter.

If you are in a residential neighborhood, especially yours, go slow and don't have a loud stereo. Simple as that. Anyone who makes a lot of noise or who drives fast will be complained about. Personally, I operate mine at idle in 2nd gear and just let it warm up a bit until I am out of the residential area and have NO complaints in more than 40 years. I have however, complained (to his face) about a kid down the road who seems to want to impress the neighbors with his car and his stereo. Nobody wants to hear him or have a kid hit by this idiot. They just want him to act like an adult since he is driving a car in a residential area. I raced motorcycles for 23 years and also raced boats, cars, and ATVs and I love engines sounds. But, many people do not. There is no excuse for blasting around a residential neighborhood; people live there. Be a good neighbor and you won't have issues at all.

If the cops get more than a few calls about you, it's EASY to put up a camera and get the evidence. Then YOU get nailed. It really isn't worth the problems to drive like some high-school Harry where people live. You could get away with it in the past, but almost everyone has a cell phone with a movie camera in it today. When they show the officer your video, you can't deny it, especially if your license plate is showing.
Sponsored