Sponsored

Got a GT Premium Friday, now I want a PP2!!!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
OK then, to me that's enough to justify some improvement.

I think no one, not even @NoVaGT (who seems to disagree with everything I write) will argue that the brakes need some attention. The base GT calipers are just fine, and track pads (I have some for sale, hint, hint... LOL) will improve the performance a lot, but the rotors are the weak point, so you should probably plan on getting the PP1 brakes or other similar upgrade. I compromised by getting the Steeda rotors (which cool properly) and better pads, but I've found that our options are limited. There are a lot more options out there for the PP1 brakes. Just sayin'.

Enjoy the car!

Also, worth noting, a lot of these Mustang guys are just crazy mod-happy, and you can (as I did) find a lot of upgrades that someone has upgraded further (and replaced) in the classifieds section. Like my brake pads (hint, hint...). :)
Great advice! I will keep an eye on the classifieds section!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
........I think no one, not even @NoVaGT (who seems to disagree with everything I write).......
I'm just a huge fan of the PP1 package with Magneride.

And I'm jealous you get to an actual track. You do mean with turns and such, right? Or do you mean a drag-strip?

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Why did you want to avoid Magneride?
Like I said earlier, I wanted a simple, old-school type of suspension that I can fix, replace, and modify without the need to go to the dealer. No doubt Magnmaride performs great. I just wanted a more basic setup. Also, it helped that the car cost less without them.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Like I said earlier, I wanted a simple, old-school type of suspension that I can fix, replace, and modify without the need to go to the dealer. No doubt Magnmaride performs great. I just wanted a more basic setup. Also, it helped that the car cost less without them.
Look into Steeda's stuff. I did a Steeda suspension on my 2016 car, and it was fantastic. Just steer clear of after-market rear shock mounts, keep the factory ones. Steeda has their "Stop The Hop" kits, and they do a whole lot more than stopping the hop. The really settle the rear end during cornering. Definitely, definitely get their Pro Action Adjustable shocks.

Do these; https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-pro-action-shocks-struts-kit-555-8157.html and add whatever springs you want.

And this; https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

And these; https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4129-s550-vertical-links-poly-bushings

Pure magic. Unbelievable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Look into Steeda's stuff. I did a Steeda suspension on my 2016 car, and it was fantastic. Just steer clear of after-market rear shock mounts, keep the factory ones. Steeda has their "Stop The Hop" kits, and they do a whole lot more than stopping the hop. The really settle the rear end during cornering. Definitely, definitely get their Pro Action Adjustable shocks.

Do these; https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-pro-action-shocks-struts-kit-555-8157.html and add whatever springs you want.

And this; https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

And these; https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4129-s550-vertical-links-poly-bushings

Yes, I've been looking at those. I actually called Steeda yesterday to do my CAI and exhaust, and my goal was to speak to them when I go in person and figure out what to do with the suspension.

Thanks for your help! I'm glad to hear such good things about a local company.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes, I've been looking at those. I actually called Steeda yesterday to do my CAI and exhaust, and my goal was to speak to them when I go in person and figure out what to do with the suspension.

Don't bother with the CAI. Unless you're doing headers, there's no point. The OEM CAI works best, keeps intake temps the lowest.

Yeah, just call them and let them walk you through what suspension stuff to get. I left out a lot of things like springs, sway-bars, links, etc. Steeda's folks can put together a complete package for you.

A few suggestions;

Definitely do the adjustable pro-action shocks, not the standard ones.

Stick with polyurethane bushings, so you don't have increased NVH. And if you can, just replace all the bushings with poly bushings. For the entire suspension. It makes a huge difference.

Don't do after-market rear shock mounts, just drill out the OEM mounts.

I really can't emphasize how much better my Steeda suspension was. The difference that really high-quality (and adjustable) shocks & struts make is unbelievable. The ride is both firmer, and smoother. It's really an amazing transformation.

Last edited:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Agreed. Steeda is right down where you are. I would take a ride over and meet everyone!!

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Get coilovers (I like my inch drop), shore up the irs, and get a tire. maybe get some replica PP2 wheels if that is the look you like.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
All PP2s have Magneride.

Beside - Magneride is a type of suspension that you can fix, replace and modify without going to the dealer. By now, it's kind of old school since it's been around 20 years or so. Corvettes had it long long ago. Other than damper itself, there is very little difference to traditional strut damper. I've modified it (swapped springs, put camber plates on, replaced sway bars) myself, without going to the dealer. Other than wire coming out of it, it's exactly the same. No reason to have an irrational fear of it.

It's also not that great- Multimatic DSSV dampers are superior (Magneride is a brand name, has its origin with GM), good coilovers would be better for track (I know people that deleted Magneride in their cars, in this case - GT350).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Let me know if I can make an email introduction to the staff at Steeda in Valdosta, GA - you won't be disappointed in the set-up & the quality of work performed at the shop.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if I can help assist.

Best Regards,

TJ

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
To the op, you sound like you wanted the kind of set up I wanted. Read my sig for my upgrades. I just bought a used 2018 with 4,000 miles base gt manual and paid 25k for it, then did my upgrades which cost about 4k.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Let me know if I can make an email introduction to the staff at Steeda in Valdosta, GA - you won't be disappointed in the set-up & the quality of work performed at the shop.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if I can help assist.

Best Regards,

TJ
With the Steeda parts I've added my car might even outhandle a pp2. The only thing left to do is the shocks and struts with the oem shocks and struts the ride is a little harsh with Steeda shocks and struts I'm sure will be a lot nicer just a little firmer. I've put sway bars, minimum drop springs, the extreme G track brace and the strut brace.. These parts were all recommended by my shop and when I drive the car it doesn't lean in turns, doesn't dive when braking, and doesn't squat when accelerating. The only things left that I want to do is the stop the hop kit because it helps when accelerating out of a turn. I could also use the brembo six piston brake kit and a bigger radiator if I decide to do hpde so I can learn how to use all these parts I put in. The car handles like a go cart without the shocks but I'm sure the shocks and struts will give it a better ride. All of these mods cost money but the way the car handles it's worth it.
Sponsored