Sponsored

Got a GT Premium Friday, now I want a PP2!!!

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Let me know if I can make an email introduction to the staff at Steeda in Valdosta, GA - you won't be disappointed in the set-up & the quality of work performed at the shop.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if I can help assist.

Best Regards,

TJ
Hi TJ,

Thanks for the offer and message. I've been in contact with Brian and have already ordered a few things. Having Steeda less than 30 minutes away is awesome! I'm finalizing my list and will be in contact soon! Thank you again!
Sponsored

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
To the op, you sound like you wanted the kind of set up I wanted. Read my sig for my upgrades. I just bought a used 2018 with 4,000 miles base gt manual and paid 25k for it, then did my upgrades which cost about 4k.
Hi,

Yes, I want wider wheels/tires, a louder exhaust, slightly stiffer suspension, and a good looking car! Is that too much to ask? Lol Some may ask "why"? My answer is because we live in a consumer-oriented market, and people are allowed to do whatever they want! Am I going to benefit from a louder car or wider tires? Probably not. But do I want it? Absolutely!

I like your setup. How does it ride with 20s and Eibachs?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
With the Steeda parts I've added my car might even outhandle a pp2.
I'm sorry to tell you but you're not even close. Especially with OEM base shocks which are quite terrible. PP cars have bearings instead of bushings in few places, different control arms and so on.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I'm sorry to tell you but you're not even close. Especially with OEM base shocks which are quite terrible. PP cars have bearings instead of bushings in few places, different control arms and so on.
well then there is still more work to do but I'll never be able to duplicate magnaride. So yeah your right. Although the number 20 car doesn't have magnaride either. And the shocks are next. I would rather do suspension than a supercharger because basically I can't even handle what I already have power wise now.

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hi,

Yes, I want wider wheels/tires, a louder exhaust, slightly stiffer suspension, and a good looking car! Is that too much to ask? Lol Some may ask "why"? My answer is because we live in a consumer-oriented market, and people are allowed to do whatever they want! Am I going to benefit from a louder car or wider tires? Probably not. But do I want it? Absolutely!

Rides and handles great! Alot of fluff they want to sell for an extra 10k

Sponsored

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hi,

I'm wide low loud and tight!

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hey kZ I'm a complete newby to this. I know shocks and struts are next what would you suggest to do next in order of importance I know I can never get MR but I'm sure with the right combination of parts I can make myself a good handling car. Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks KZ

A

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I made this post in the Suspension Forum on Tuesday... but it appears no one in this thread saw it.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/for...t-performance-pack-level-2-first-test-review/
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...-performance-pack-level-2-first-drive-review/

Performance Package - Level 2 = 67% stiffer rear sway bar, 12% stiffer front sway bar,
20% stiffer front springs and 13% stiffer rear springs.

ModelFront SpringRear SpringAverage Ride Frequency
Non-PP1606681.36
PP11657281.40
PP21988221.51
GT350 (2016-18)1949141.53
GT350 (2019+)2118571.53
GT350R2409141.63

Steeda Minimum Drop & Sport Linear (These are the closest I find to the PP2...)
Front/Rear 200/800 with Average Ride Frequency = 1.50

Also, here is the Forum thread on the PP2 aftermarket wheels
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-lmr-sve-sp2-wheels-pp2-replica.113960/

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hey kZ I'm a complete newby to this. I know shocks and struts are next what would you suggest to do next in order of importance I know I can never get MR but I'm sure with the right combination of parts I can make myself a good handling car. Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks KZ
Anything really will better than OEM (assuming you want to retain current struts and don't go coilover route). I like myself adjustable strut shocks - so Koni, Billstein, Steeda (which I think are suspected to be made by Koni) or Ford Performance ones). Then it's the matter of how far you want to go - but the rear subframe bushing lockout kits make decent difference, rear lower control arm bearing (replacing a bushing), knuckle toe bearing. In the front, I would get at the minimum front control arm from a PP car.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I think PP2 is way over priced.

PP1 gives you 90% of PP2

Actually the price difference in late 2020 was just $1300 difference, not bad when you consider you get MR, and the more aggressive wheels and rubber.

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Anything really will better than OEM (assuming you want to retain current struts and don't go coilover route). I like myself adjustable strut shocks - so Koni, Billstein, Steeda (which I think are suspected to be made by Koni) or Ford Performance ones). Then it's the matter of how far you want to go - but the rear subframe bushing lockout kits make decent difference, rear lower control arm bearing (replacing a bushing), knuckle toe bearing. In the front, I would get at the minimum front control arm from a PP car.
Thanks for the help I'm thinking of the front control arm, and the rear stop the hop kit, and the pro active shocks and struts, also the bump steer kit. Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. After that I'll talk to steeda about what would be next. Oh yeah the rear knuckle toe bear. I'll be sticking with all steeda parts since there designed to work together. Thanks again.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I bought a base GT planning to upgrade (as I saw fit) to PP1 options as needed. I track the car occasionally. I have since upgraded the brake pads and rotors (for track use, back to OE for the street) and added some brake ducts for cooling. Other than that, really, these cars are just fine.

If you absolutely must have a stiffer, more punishing ride and wider tires, then that's fine. But otherwise, IMHO it's just not worth it. Especially if you never plan to track it.

And yes, all you Magneride fans, I did a lot of comparison shopping/driving, and the PP1/PP2 with MR is still a bit stiffer, even in comfort mode, than the base suspension. IMHO of course. :)

So, my advice OP is to stick to what you've got right now and enjoy it. You're going to take a huge bath trading it in on a PP2 and it's going to cost a lot of money to "upgrade" it. Learn to appreciate what the car is, in its current state, and then use logic and reason to decide what (if anything) to upgrade.
I second that.
You can certainly tweak the suspension and upgrade the sneakers for around $2500.
At that point the Premium s550 is more fun to drive.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
If you want the look, the LMR SVE SP2s are a popular choice. They are lighter than the OEM pp2 wheels and they don't poke out of the fenders like the PP2 does. Available in 10in or 11in flavours depending on how much you want to spend. Square setup is preferred by the road course crowd.
Sponsored