oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
[MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]

That's not bad at all with a creeper. Great option for space saving, that looks super compact. I'm sure you would just drive a car on it and keep the parking space when it's down.
Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Maybe I missed it, but what is the price point for this thing installed? I would love to have one, but I doubt the idiot that built my house used strong enough concrete to support one.

2 post lifts make me very nervous, but I would still love to have one.

It looks like this one gets you high enough to still be really awkward to work under though. You would probably need to work on a stool to be comfortable.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
double depth 3-car garage and all the niceties that go with it :hail::hail::hail:

<< sooo jealous

OP
OP
oesman

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Maybe I missed it, but what is the price point for this thing installed? I would love to have one, but I doubt the idiot that built my house used strong enough concrete to support one.

2 post lifts make me very nervous, but I would still love to have one.

It looks like this one gets you high enough to still be really awkward to work under though. You would probably need to work on a stool to be comfortable.

Hey Hogie,

I don't believe BendPak established an official street price on the GP-7LCS version (8ft 10") as it's not officially out yet AFAIK. I believe the tall one (GP-7) is officially on the market for around $2700 before installation. I would recommend contacting BendPak directly about the GP-7LCS.

My concrete was surprisingly good. Over 10" where we installed it due to the length/grade of the garage. Im sure its probably all of 4" at the back wall where the hill peaks though. You can drill a test hole and fill it :). I had similar worries about idiots considering how parts of the garage were built i.e. not anchoring several interior posts holding the roof to the concrete, just setting them on top of the floor seemed good enough for them.

Yea the two-post design is a bit scary, but I get on airplanes and climb ladders when I have to. Hell I even rip around in my procharged mustang which is clearly more dangerous than any of this. I just tell myself some smart engineers worked things out. You just follow the proper safety procedures, maintenance, use common sense and just believe in the engineering. I like to jack it up just a little off the ground and inspect my jacking points again. Then I shove the car around to be sure it's got a firm grip. I'd rather drop it half a foot than on my head.

I generally avoid buying dangerous equipment from unknown companies i.e. I avoid anything that can rip your hand off at harbor freight. It's like buying ricer car mods from ebay, who are you gonna sue in China when your car burns your house down? Those random companies in asia who's parts flood ebay/amazon have no liability or incentive to focus on safety and their domestic online resellers are kitchen counter dealers who have no assets and probably don't completely understand the products they sell. I'm not saying you have to buy 100% domestic made, there are lots of great products made by reputable companies in Asia, Europe and of course here at home. Anyway I'm done ranting :).

This particular lift I got is not tall enough to walk under. You can squat under it, but like you said a chair works real well. I have a rolling stool and I just sit on that thing and roll around. I'm tall (6'3" or so) and roll around just fine under it. Super comfy compared to jack stands.

double depth 3-car garage and all the niceties that go with it :hail::hail::hail:

<< sooo jealous
Thanks man, I had this dream for a long while :)!

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
@Epiphany

That's not bad at all with a creeper. Great option for space saving, that looks super compact. I'm sure you would just drive a car on it and keep the parking space when it's down.
I had planned for a full size lift when I built my shop in 2008. But after multiple shoulder surgeries and some other unexpected joint failures I have difficulty raising my arms over my head. Laying on my back on a creeper I can manage to extend them 90* from my body for a bit. There is plenty of room underneath, such that I don't raise it all the way or you can't reach the vehicle underside.

I do park directly over it. It is perfect for detailing the lower portion of the car and wheels.

OP
OP
oesman

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had planned for a full size lift when I built my shop in 2008. But after multiple shoulder surgeries and some other unexpected joint failures I have difficulty raising my arms over my head. Laying on my back on a creeper I can manage to extend them 90* from my body for a bit. There is plenty of room underneath, such that I don't raise it all the way or you can't reach the vehicle underside.

I do park directly over it. It is perfect for detailing the lower portion of the car and wheels.
Man I'm sorry to hear that. Shoulder injuries are awful and painful.

Detailing is something I wasn't even thinking about. Now you've given me all kinds of ideas. I love to detail my cars and one thing I don't really do right now is wheels-off detailing. I would love to start doing those annually on my rides with some steam cleaning to make the brake and hub parts all nice and shiny and get the wheel barrels all clean from the back. I bet doing paint correction at chest height while sitting in a chair is a hell of a lot easier too.
Sponsored