Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Hey everyone,

These are the new stockers for the 1le camaro. They look like they could be some real contenders in the extreme performance category. I have not had much luck finding any info on them however they appear to be reasonably priced on tire rack.

Anyone have any info on these as far as performance and comparison to other tires? Also sizes, looks to only have two right now.
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Buy some RE71Rs, pilot sports etc. those Goodyear G2 I can say are trash.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Based on my experience with the Gen 1 units on my former GT500, I'd stay away.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The G:2 Supercar tires were considerably better than the original Supercar tires on the '07-era GT500. I wasn't even convinced that the 1st gen Supercars were really any better than the original Asymmetrics (other than perhaps having wider sizes available).

I doubt that GY would release a 3rd gen tire that wasn't better still.

Norm

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I've had a few sets come in recently for some setups I've worked on. Their impressive but I remember how the Supercar 2 was on the 5th gen Zl1 and they would grease over. But I hope they have corrected this and made them into a better tire. If so they will def be a good contender in the field they are established in.

I will say this, they are stiff as hell, mounting them requires some brute force and technique mixed in.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I've had a few sets come in recently for some setups I've worked on. Their impressive but I remember how the Supercar 2 was on the 5th gen Zl1 and they would grease over. But I hope they have corrected this and made them into a better tire. If so they will def be a good contender in the field they are established in.

I will say this, they are stiff as hell, mounting them requires some brute force and technique mixed in.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If u ever get any track results Paul please share. There is basically no reviews or tests on the net I could find. Appreciate ur feed back though.

Everyone I don't mean the G2, there is a new G3 tire and it looks way better than the g2, similar tread pattern to a cup2. It's just so new that I don't think anyone other than the camaro crowd knows about it.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Last I looked, Tire Rack only shows two sizes for it, so there's not very many cars they'll even fit (properly, anyway).

Norm
Correct brotha 285/30 & 305/30 for the sizing. Its mainly created for the new 1LE and Zl1 platform because they have to use the thinner profile tires now for the 6th gen.

If u ever get any track results Paul please share. There is basically no reviews or tests on the net I could find. Appreciate ur feed back though.

Everyone I don't mean the G2, there is a new G3 tire and it looks way better than the g2, similar tread pattern to a cup2. It's just so new that I don't think anyone other than the camaro crowd knows about it.
Its meant for the Camaro crowd specifically, ill ask for some feedback from my camaro guys and see what they say.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I thought ZL1 rode on Trofeo-R?

At any rate, I've never driven a Goodyear tire that I've liked. Michelin or pass.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I thought ZL1 rode on Trofeo-R?

At any rate, I've never driven a Goodyear tire that I've liked. Michelin or pass.
Thats the Z/28 brotha 305/30/19 Trofeo R tires
Sponsored