Sponsored

Goodwood FOS 2019 - GT500 in action!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Have people not yet realized this is a event to showcase cars and show-out and not a time trial or performance metric ??? I mean seriously are people this daft ???

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
If seeing that beast actually in the wild being driven by a real driver does not get your blood flowing a little bit, I don’t know what to say. Sure it’s not balls to wall killing it, but I like and it gave me a minor stiffy knowing I’ll be in one in due time.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the speedo is burred?

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Looks like the speedo is burred?
best footage so far. Downshifts look fun.

And it's obvious he enjoyed it, no fake expressions there.
So if he's liking it then I'm sure I will.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I don't think it's supposed to look like the GT350 at all. completely different design direction.

Personally, I think the 500 is the best looking Mustang ever made.

It looks modern, futuristic, and sleek.

I think the 500 vs. 350 looks are like those who prefer Lambo over Ferrari. If you like clean lines and angles, you'll like the 500 (or the lambo). If you like curves and rounded shapes, you'll like the 350 (or Ferrari)
It’s 75% the exact same lines as the 350. Put a GT4 wing on the 350 and you won’t be able to tell the difference in the rear quarters.

I don’t see this as a drastic difference from the 350. The major delta is the front end and front quarter panels. The panels behind that are simply curved out without the vents from the 350.

I think in person all those curves in the front will translate a lot better than they do in pics

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Have people not yet realized this is a event to showcase cars and show-out and not a time trial or performance metric ??? I mean seriously are people this daft ???
They do timed runs at Goodwood, but given that these are all TT cars there was likely never the chance they were going to do that. It would’ve been cool to see what it could put down on a timed run though.

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It’s 75% the exact same lines as the 350. Put a GT4 wing on the 350 and you won’t be able to tell the difference in the rear quarters.

I don’t see this as a drastic difference from the 350. The major delta is the front end and front quarter panels. The panels behind that are simply curved out without the vents from the 350.

I think in person all those curves in the front will translate a lot better than they do in pics
Put a GT4 wing on any S550, and you won't be able to tell the difference. All s550s have the same rear quarters.

Reactions: _M_

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Put a GT4 wing on any S550, and you won't be able to tell the difference. All s550s have the same rear quarters.
I know what you mean, but there is a lot of difference.
Deck lid, rear emblem, diffuser and tailpipes are all different.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I know what you mean, but there is a lot of difference.
Deck lid, rear emblem, diffuser and tailpipes are all different.
Decklids are all the same. Yes diffusers and lower valences and exhaust are different, but that goes against the comment that "they all look alike".

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Decklids are all the same. Yes diffusers and lower valences and exhaust are different, but that goes against the comment that "they all look alike".
You are right about the decklid. I thought the GT350 was still using the old style.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
if anything, there's probably a "recording max performance" embargo. That's all the need is people trying to get performance metrics from a video by watching the timecode + speedo, and that becoming gospel.
Sponsored