Sponsored

Goodwood FOS 2019 - GT500 in action!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
These Goodwood videos are kind of weak so far. Nothing invokes the insatiable “I gotta have it!” reaction like when the Stig drove the red GT350R at Goodwood a few years ago.
Ya know, I have to agree. Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the squirrelly handling at the 6:37 mark of the first video? That leads me to this. Prediction: I think it'll be said the R handles better due to better balance. Obviously the GT500 will beat it around the track but I just think the R's handling will still be in a class of it's own.
Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I guess some people missed the part about only pushing 80-85% a couple days ago....The next couple month's are going to be soooo much fun.

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
Love the cool diff and trans temps!! The Engine oil at almost 250'... is a bit warmer than I'd like to see for 8/10ths. If that's the hottest we'll see on track at 9/10th's or so, that'd be great too!

Anyone know what the weather/temp was at Goodwood?

Best Regards,
Dave

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Love the cool diff and trans temps!! The Engine oil at almost 250'... is a bit warmer than I'd like to see for 8/10ths. If that's the hottest we'll see on track at 9/10th's or so, that'd be great too!

Best Regards,
Dave
Outside temp on dash reads 71 not sure what humidity was but seemed pretty cool. Oil temp does not bother me I would have liked to see cylinder head temp, intake temp with the inner cooler would expect to see about 3 degrees cooler then outside temp.

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
Outside temp on dash reads 71 not sure what humidity was but seemed pretty cool. Oil temp does not bother me I would have liked to see cylinder head temp, intake temp with the inner cooler would expect to see about 3 degrees cooler then outside temp.
Good catch, yeah, 71 and 74 degrees... so definitely fairly cool.

Best Regards,
Dave

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge

Best Regards,
Dave
To me that seems high but I guess if they are beating on it like they were in the vids it makes sense.

On the same note trans temp seems super low compared to oil temp.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It looks to me like the 500 has a fantastic suspension going on. but it also has the ability to give the crazy crowd what they want as well. The IRS is extremely dialed in and it looks like it corrects very easily. To take a car like this and make it drift with the best of them right out of the box - that’s saying something.

If you look at the launch of both the 350 R and the 500 in Neo Autos video, the 500 looks much more planted. wow.

And it’s basically flat around turns at high speed.

I’m thinking this thing will get tons of praise for both its quickness AND its handling. Really hoping they dial inn some torque management that can reign in the ridiculous power.

However... I fully expect a KR version to debut in a couple years as well- taking everything up a few notches.

Last edited:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Ya know, I have to agree. Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the squirrelly handling at the 6:37 mark of the first video? That leads me to this. Prediction: I think it'll be said the R handles better due to better balance. Obviously the GT500 will beat it around the track but I just think the R's handling will still be in a class of it's own.
Tires may not be warm enough and lets not forget the car is under tired 305’s for all that torque and additional weight. I m still hoping a track version to have wider sticky tires. Dodge did a mistake putting 275’s on a Hellcat, I can’t accept Ford doing the same thing. Its like giving a world record sprinter a pair of steeltoe booths and expecting a new world record lol

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
Tires may not be warm enough and lets not forget the car is under tired 305’s for all that torque and additional weight. I m still hoping a track version to have wider sticky tires. Dodge did a mistake putting 275’s on a Hellcat, I can’t accept Ford doing the same thing. Its like giving a world record sprinter a pair of steeltoe booths and expecting a new world record lol
The car in the video is a track pack car. It has 315 cup 2 tires on the rear and 305s on front.

Last edited:

Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
Lets not forget, the Grandfather/Godfather of the factory equipped supercharged pony cars the Terminator, THAT was when Ford turned it up a couple notches putting the Cobra Mustang well past the Camaro and into Corvette performance levels. If it wasn't for John Coletti we may not have these supercharged beasts readily available to consumers. Thanks Mr. Coletti!!!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Fair points. Especially about the HC. But lets not forget how Ford under tired the their previous 13/14 GT500 with 285's. You'd think Ford would put 315's or better under the Track GT500.

EDIT: Just saw this.

The car in the video is a track pack car. It has 315 cup 2 tires on the rear and 305s on front.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Or maybe they took the route they took on everything else.. build a badass car as a starting point and let each buyer and the aftermarket make slight changes to fit their personal needs.. tires being the 1st and easiest

PLindsey725

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I saw alot of the car idling in traffic on its way up to the line so its near impossible to get heat in the tires for the run as well as the engine idling for a long period with the AC blasting doesn't help either.