Goodbye to Ford...2018 Mustang Gt ownership

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
To be fair if I were in OP's shoes, I would have got rid of the car too. It's one thing to have a few bad experiences, but to have non stop little issues only for the dealer to waste your time and say "hurr we didn't find anything" is nothing short of infuriating.

A P0300 doesn't just happen for no reason, lol.
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
This is a very objective attitude to have.

I think it would also be fair to say all vehicles have issues. They're complex machines, they need maintenance and repairs.

Boy, some people nowadays wouldn't have made it through the 1970s, 80s & 90s. Cars were really terrible back then.
I would so agree with that. My new 91 5.0 mustang has a 12 month 12k mile warranty that’s it. I did have major issues with also.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I found the comment about the OP having a problem with the doors not locking interesting. When I first tried to lock the doors of my 2020 Ecoboost HPP I did not think the doors were locking. I would pull on the door handle and the door appeared to be locked. When I pulled on the door handle the second time, the door would unlock. I thought what good does it do to lock the door when a second pull on the door handle unlocked the car. I went in the house and read the operator manual and found out that if you have the key fob in your pocket within ten feet of the car you can unlock the door without pressing the key fob to unlock the door. Knowledge is a powerful tool.

rbkennedy1950

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I have a 2018 GT with all the options you mentioned and have only had one problem with one of the strut mounts which the dealer fixed although that was a chore to get him to find the problem. I have never had any trouble with the 10-speed auto but I don't beat on it too much. When I put it in drag strip mode that trans is awesome. I did have two Mustangs before this one, both wit hthe MT82 manual transmission and it was junk, that's why this one is an automatic. I was glad to see that the new Mach 1 has gone back to the Tremec manual transmission if I could have purchased a GT in 2018 with the Tremec I would have. I hope Ford junks the MT82 or gives us the option of paying extra for the Tremec. I have my doubts about buying any Chrysler product as I hear their quality control is really bad, but best of luck to you.

Sponsored

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Dealership service departments make me feel like an unarmed US Marine in N. Korea. The more I keep my cars away from them, the longer they last. I seek out private repair parties and do every mod and maintenance my home equipment will allow. I am an engineer. I like working on the car, I like having it done right even more.

Have several Ford dealer repair failures. Continue to buy only Ford. I prefer Ford design and engineering to the alternatives. We do not drive the dealership, we drive the vehicle. Have unused free oil & filter coupons per new vehicle buy. Purchased oil & filter, jacked the car up did it myself. Done right, done perfect, no complaints. Happy. Never read the warranty terms, hope to never own a car that needs warranty service. It has happened. The results were awful. Had to live with it. But I have two all category winners now and when that happens you ride those ponies till they die. You could not get me out of them.
It is all a gamble - just like life itself - good luck.

Last edited:

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
I had good experiences with the Chrysler dealer service when I had a Chrysler. That was especially good because the damn car was in there all the time. Their engineering is shit. I’ve had 5 Ford products over the last 30 years, including 3 Mustangs, and have had zero major issues. All were driven to over 150,000 miles before I got rid of them and I expect the same of my 2020 GT.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
has issues with build quality, trades it in for a chrysler product. you can't make this up, folks. lmao
Front ends on the Charger are junk.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Widebody is an eye catcher no doubt enjoy the new toy!
This post led me to check out widebody. I agree. I kind of see 1967 Mustang hard top inspired roof and body lines. Definite pony car look, only bigger. Way bigger. I like it, but will stick with stang.

UDodge-Challenger-Widebody-1024x683.jpg

Make that a 1968 hardtop inspired roof and body line. Not the same side aspect, but the closest
I could find. You can get the idea. I will still stick with stang.

68stanghtop.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Has what a wide body Challenger or a engine ticking Mustang? :crackup:
Ha, I have my own rattling mustang. Glad I can drown the sound out with my exhaust.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I found the comment about the OP having a problem with the doors not locking interesting. When I first tried to lock the doors of my 2020 Ecoboost HPP I did not think the doors were locking. I would pull on the door handle and the door appeared to be locked. When I pulled on the door handle the second time, the door would unlock. I thought what good does it do to lock the door when a second pull on the door handle unlocked the car. I went in the house and read the operator manual and found out that if you have the key fob in your pocket within ten feet of the car you can unlock the door without pressing the key fob to unlock the door. Knowledge is a powerful tool.
Yes, this is part of that "security package" or whatever it's called. Newer cars have a touch-sensitive area inside the handle for unlock and a touch sensitive pad on the outside for lock.
With key fob in your pocket/on you, slide your hand into the handle - depends on how quickly after putting your hand in you try to open, it might be the 2nd try that takes it to unlock (i.e. if I'm rushing, it doesn't unlock, I have to put my hand in and wait a half a second and pull and it's unlocked).

One thin I miss from my '18 Accord (which was awesome car, but had to go so Bullitt could come) was the "walk away autolock." On the Bullitt I have to touch the pad or use the fob, on the Accord I could walk away and it would lock itself.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
has issues with build quality, trades it in for a chrysler product. you can't make this up, folks. lmao
This.

My '12 and '13 Jeep Wranglers (both bought new) basically drive me away forever. Constant issues. I will say that their customer service is good, they always stepped up.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Man that sucks all them problems I don t blame you OP

My car has been really good and Its a stick so no problems there and I don't get the MT82 hate but whatever.

FORD Dealers and Customer service does suck really bad. :angry:

Are all dealers for all cars that bad ?
Sponsored