Sponsored

Goodbye to Ford...2018 Mustang Gt ownership

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got a lot of friends with Chargers and challengers, they all have electrical issues. Lol
but electrical issues are silent/quiet. Might even make the car 100% silent (not run) but that's preferable to noisy clattering from loose parts. :)
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I am in love with the C8 Vette. I tried to fight it, but I can't. I bought the stang because of the new euro-ish styling. The C8 takes that to the next level. Closest thing I would ever want to something Italian.
I like the S197 and S550 body styling, but for different reasons. I like the old school look mixed with modern touches. I also liked how fresh and modern the S550 looked when it came out.

The C8 flat out looks exotic. I like the styling too and all the advantages that a mid-engine car comes with. Unfortunately, I can't afford a C8 right now. I'm hopeful in the future though.

If you can swing it, I'd say go for it man! No need to resist the urge. Give in! I'd say a lot of us here would trade our Mustang in on a C8 (probably a C7 too) if we could afford to.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Are you a dick all the time or just special occasions like "that time of the month". I've owned several of these Coyote powered S550 and it was much louder on the '18 than my '15. My sister has had several as well and my '18 was louder than her '16 or her 2020.

So what's your point?
My bad, let me be kinder;

The point is that 18+ cars have Direct Injection, while the previous cars don't. So It's totally understandable that your '15 was quieter, as it ran strictly on PFI.

I had a 2016 GT, and when I got my 2019 the clacking and ticking from the DI made me think the engine was about to implode.

Totally normal.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I am in love with the C8 Vette. I tried to fight it, but I can't. I bought the stang because of the new euro-ish styling. The C8 takes that to the next level. Closest thing I would ever want to something Italian.
Have you driven a C8 yet?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
As stated, lemons and bad dealers exist in all brands. I'm into Home Theater and I always gigle when someone dumps a Sony OLED for an LG OLED vice versa, because of bad experience.

That being said, I hope you are still happy with that Dodge after a few years, I have my doubts.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My bad, let me be kinder;

The point is that 18+ cars have Direct Injection, while the previous cars don't. So It's totally understandable that your '15 was quieter, as it ran strictly on PFI.

I had a 2016 GT, and when I got my 2019 the clacking and ticking from the DI made me think the engine was about to implode.

Totally normal.
I hear random ticking from under the, Im just not worried about. Sometimes I crank the car, I hear random ticks, some times I do not. Kinda sounds like an exhaust cooling off, but once again, it comes and goes. Not worried.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, my Ecoboost now being almost 5 years old now runs better and looks better than it every did and its not even close.

Only problem I ever had was the AC evaporator going out and that was replaced under warranty and has worked perfect ever since.

Like people some cars just have issues, lol.

TC

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
LOL, my Ecoboost now being almost 5 years old now runs better and looks better than it every did and its not even close.

Only problem I ever had was the AC evaporator going out and that was replaced under warranty and has worked perfect ever since.

Like people some cars just have issues, lol.

TC

This is a very objective attitude to have.

I think it would also be fair to say all vehicles have issues. They're complex machines, they need maintenance and repairs.

Boy, some people nowadays wouldn't have made it through the 1970s, 80s & 90s. Cars were really terrible back then.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
If the car had the ticking issues from the first day why sign the papers and buy it before driving it home?

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why get rid of a perfectly good car? Mine has ticked since the first oil change, and here we are 4 years later with forced induction and zero issues except regular maintenance. I almost bought into the tick hype at the beginning, but quickly saw it for what it is... a whole load of speculation and over-worrying.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If the car had the ticking issues from the first day why sign the papers and buy it before driving it home?
People like a challenge?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Why get rid of a perfectly good car? Mine has ticked since the first oil change, and here we are 4 years later with forced induction and zero issues except regular maintenance. I almost bought into the tick hype at the beginning, but quickly saw it for what it is... a whole load of speculation and over-worrying.
That's when my ticking started on my 2018....1st oil change

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Have you driven a C8 yet?
No, but a friend of a friend here has one. I will probably ride with him soon. He loves that thing.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No, but a friend of a friend here has one. I will probably ride with him soon. He loves that thing.
I drove one, very slowly and very briefly, a few weeks ago.

Amazing. That DCT is something else. You won't believe how smooth it is.
1610750972569.png

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Has what a wide body Challenger or a engine ticking Mustang? :crackup:
Sponsored