Good vendor for Ohlins R&T, MCS

DriftDraft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT ▪ 2007 Triumph Speed Triple
Hey amazing guys and gals of the Mustang world, looking for a vendor who is willing to answer my questions and find a solution that fits my needs!

Right now I have Ohlins R&T, and MCS on my radar.

Thank you!!
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Vorshlag carry both brands I think.

OP
OP
DriftDraft

DriftDraft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
I would prefer not to deal with Vorshlag. How do you like your Ohlins? Any annoying noise from your camber plates?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would prefer not to deal with Vorshlag. How do you like your Ohlins? Any annoying noise from your camber plates?
I'm happy with the Ohlins car is much more stable but I have fitting issues with the rear springs Vorshlag have an install guide that cover this. I drive the car on track and on the street with same settings and it's really planted though I'm way softer than what this comes from the factory set-up. With the factory setup the weight transfer during braking was not enough to stop the car but the car was amazing to be handled. The only annoying noise from the camber plates (steeda btw) were when they were not tight enough after an alignment once this was fixed the car is amazing.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The only annoying noise from the camber plates (steeda btw) were when they were not tight enough after an alignment once this was fixed
yeah I'm going to look at one of my spare sets and figure out how to best shim it so this stops being a frequent complaint. Maybe some 80-shore thick washers... The jangle is annoying as F.

OP
OP
DriftDraft

DriftDraft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
I'm happy with the Ohlins car is much more stable but I have fitting issues with the rear springs Vorshlag have an install guide that cover this. I drive the car on track and on the street with same settings and it's really planted though I'm way softer than what this comes from the factory set-up. With the factory setup the weight transfer during braking was not enough to stop the car but the car was amazing to be handled. The only annoying noise from the camber plates (steeda btw) were when they were not tight enough after an alignment once this was fixed the car is amazing.
Glad you're enjoying the setup, and appreciate the insight!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Thanks! I don't have any experience with hotpart, I'll check them out 👍
I've used several of their parts and it's always been good stuff for reasonable cost. They make it all themselves, too, so I'm a fan of that.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I'm going to look at one of my spare sets and figure out how to best shim it so this stops being a frequent complaint. Maybe some 80-shore thick washers... The jangle is annoying as F.
yeah and last time took me a while to figure that out need to be more careful when my alignment guy is doing the changes of the setup. As driving like that surely us annoying as hell. The other issue that drives me crazy is the rear lug nuts that continue to unlock from time to time making all kind of noises in the process. Last time all 10 were at least 2 rotations less than the recommended 150 ft-lbs very annoying.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DriftDraft

DriftDraft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
I always like to see that too! I've actually come across their site before but wasn't sure how legit it was, as I don't really hear people talking about them.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I've read pretty mixed reviews about MMR. Do you have experience dealing with them?
I would go elsewhere for advice and usage discussion. At least you'd hope they can't screw up an outside vendor's packaged product. :)

OP
OP
DriftDraft

DriftDraft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
I would go elsewhere for advice and usage discussion. At least you'd hope they can't screw up an outside vendor's packaged product. :)
😂 Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored