Good Resources for Whipple Install on Gen 3 Mustang

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
Hey all! I finally received my Whipple today and cant decide to install myself or take it to a shop. All notable shops are >2.5 hrs from me and will cost about 1500. I am willing to pay for quality install so I am not burned so that's not huge issue, but could use that money to buy a clutch. I have only swapped one engine on a foxbody and basic maintenance on newer tech cars so limited technical experience. I would like to find some more resources on the install on Gen 3 Mustang and what to look out for etc. YouTube has limited videos and the most in depth I could find was that1320chic's. I haven't seen many threads with with walk-throughs
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
the kit comes with great detailed instructions. Ive installed a few of them, very straight forward and easy.

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
@80FoxCoupe is from that area, roughly. Maybe he can point you in a direction.
Oh Nice! just looked at his profile and hes right by the shop I will probably go with if I go that route. Just hard because its 3 1/2 hours so would have to recruit a friend to drive 7 hours on 2 separate occasions (drop off and pick up).

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
the kit comes with great detailed instructions. Ive installed a few of them, very straight forward and easy.
A lot of experiencing wrenching on coyotes prior to? About how long did it take you? i work full time and doing masters program so would like to plan accordingly.
I am sure I can get it but I think the skill comes from diagnosing problems.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hey all! I finally received my Whipple today and cant decide to install myself or take it to a shop. All notable shops are >2.5 hrs from me and will cost about 1500. I am willing to pay for quality install so I am not burned so that's not huge issue, but could use that money to buy a clutch. I have only swapped one engine on a foxbody and basic maintenance on newer tech cars so limited technical experience. I would like to find some more resources on the install on Gen 3 Mustang and what to look out for etc. YouTube has limited videos and the most in depth I could find was that1320chic's. I haven't seen many threads with with walk-throughs
If you take your time, read and understand instructions before starting. And you will be ok

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I would do it yourself. as long as you have a good variety of tools it goes together pretty easily. the way I described it was its not hard work but its a lot of work.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Whipple supplies awesome detailed instructions with their kits.

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Whipple supplies awesome detailed instructions with their kits.
They definitely seem very thorough and have heard good things ab the instructions. Heck, Ive read them over a few times in anticipation but still worried about the few things that aren't in the book or if I run into snags along the way. I would love to have done by spring and would be working on it between full time work and school

Sponsored

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
This forum is a great place to come if you have any questions during install.

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black/Black GT Premium A10 PP1 Magnaride
If you swapped an engine in a fox body you have the skills to do this install. The 5 hours driving time you will save will be half the install. If you have the time to keep car down if you take extended time go for it. Use your money on the clutch.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Great news that the kit arrived! When did you order it?

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Great news that the kit arrived! When did you order it?
10/22 I believe. I sent Beefcake Racing an email in the morning to see if they could check on status and literally 20 minutes later I got an email from UPS that the following day (today) I have a shipment from Whipple. Definitely 100% coincidence.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Do the install yourself. I did mine, in my garage by myself. The hardest thing was setting the blower on the engine. I had a plywood shelf going from the drivers fender toward the engine, that I set the blower on, with the lid removed. I had a plywood shelf in front of the car extending into the engine compartment to kneel on so I could place the blower onto the engine. To help keep the harnesses and stuff clear of the area where the blower goes, I tied all of that stuff back.

Are you doing your oil pump gears and timing chain sprocket? I did mine in conjunction with the Whipple install.
Sponsored