Sponsored

Good news for magneride owners

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So uh, how do I grab your MR equipment on the cheap and retro that to my car? :p
Good question...Has anyone swapped in the full MagneRide suspension into a 2018 GT PP1? If someone had the complete suspension shocks, springs, sway bars, control module etc for sale... Would this be a bolt up project? Is the wiring in place for the shocks and control module? Just thinking ahead if I run across someone selling everything, I might have to upgrade.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
For me, I am in the process of switching mine out and replacing it with kw club sport 3 way. I just need to install set of rear mustang control arms.

I am not really a fan of the magna ride myself. The system behaves odd. Most of the times is nice and firm and sometimes is very soft and loose. I also get the thump when going over bumps.
Interesting. I'd read your comments about how the Ford Racing springs on the GT350 caused issues, but they seem fine on my car. Curious if your issue was electric the entire time.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Good question...Has anyone swapped in the full MagneRide suspension into a 2018 GT PP1? If someone had the complete suspension shocks, springs, sway bars, control module etc for sale... Would this be a bolt up project? Is the wiring in place for the shocks and control module? Just thinking ahead if I run across someone selling everything, I might have to upgrade.
I have springs if anyone wants them for cheap.

jrmadtork

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
S550 PP1 2019
Some of you, like me have noises from the magneride suspension, that made unpleasant the use of my GT.... Others, want to modify their suspension for a more race/track set up. This goes with GT and Gt350 owners.
The problem, how to fool the suspension modules, so doesn't disable the modes and controls max speed, because the elimination of shocks and ride high sensors! The FORscan guys can't do it yet, because they don't have access to the VDM module.
X-innering have been doing this for GM suspensions from yukons to corvettes via "simulators", that replaces the shocks and ride height sensors!
Thanks to the help of it Principal, Max Darrah, a prototype set was evaluated for some time. They work perfect! no more messages! In my case I installed a PP1 suspension, and my car is like should be. I know that in the GT350 section was a couple of guys who installed coilovers and had the same problem! So here is the solution. Also they are working on other products track oriented. For more info contact [email protected], a very professional guy, and very helpful....

P.D. I know! there is a lot of guys very happy with their magnaride, but also I test drive couple of cars with the same problem, and Ford doesn't issue a word about it. So dealers can do anything!

any news ? the kit still work fine ? and i dont know how to get rid of magneride on mine for drag race i cant launch the car i want to go different route with the suspension and i found this i know if any1 here have try this !

https://shockdeletes.com/collection.../ford-mustang-electronic-shock-height-sim-kit

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Some of you, like me have noises from the magneride suspension, that made unpleasant the use of my GT.... Others, want to modify their suspension for a more race/track set up. This goes with GT and Gt350 owners.
The problem, how to fool the suspension modules, so doesn't disable the modes and controls max speed, because the elimination of shocks and ride high sensors! The FORscan guys can't do it yet, because they don't have access to the VDM module.
X-innering have been doing this for GM suspensions from yukons to corvettes via "simulators", that replaces the shocks and ride height sensors!
Thanks to the help of it Principal, Max Darrah, a prototype set was evaluated for some time. They work perfect! no more messages! In my case I installed a PP1 suspension, and my car is like should be. I know that in the GT350 section was a couple of guys who installed coilovers and had the same problem! So here is the solution. Also they are working on other products track oriented. For more info contact [email protected], a very professional guy, and very helpful....

P.D. I know! there is a lot of guys very happy with their magnaride, but also I test drive couple of cars with the same problem, and Ford doesn't issue a word about it. So dealers can do anything!
How is your simulators working? Still happy with them, any long term updates?
Sponsored