Sponsored

Good Insurers - Supercharged Mustang GT

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Just wondering if you have a supercharged mustang and who your insurer is and how much you pay, based on miles and NCD.

Want to gauge the market value. Think it will be a useful thread for those planning on doing this modification before they pull the trigger.

Im with aviva and am planning on do this but due to the number of performance enhancing modifications that will support the car, they are having to bump it up to the level 1 under writer's.

Which sounds expensive.

Without the supercharger, tensioners and chain guides, new timing chains, new oil cooler, new drive shaft, new half shafts and a few other mods which will be going on this round. My renewal came in at 1308 for 6000 miles fully comp with Aviva with all modifications declared. 30y old. Told me I could get up to 28 percent discount if I drive for 200 miles with their app...
20190421_215359.jpg
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Try A plan Thatcham branch, they are your best bet for modded Mustangs

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Have mine insured with Adrian Flux. Not sure what I payed as I started the policy with a different car then swapped to the Mustang and then supercharged it. They had no issue with mods or the blower being added.

Renewal is due in June so will know then.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Try directline, it may sound stupid but for 3 years they were unbeatable for my insurance quotes with and without modifications. Worth a ring. 9/10 they just asked me to send them an email with everything on after a lengthy phone call, usually still beat normal pricings i was getting WITHOUT all the mods wrote down (just the web drop downs)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Just took out a year with Aplan Thatcham. VERY happy with the modified quote I got.

Thanks for the recommendation @Eclipsar

Sponsored

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up going with Brentacre. Very good

£500 excess £685 a year. The condition was that I install a tracker.

Aviva gave me a renewal quote of £1300

So the way I saw it was that I got the tracker free with change leftover.

They have also quoted me 1100 premium with 1000 excess for the supercharger and all mods declared. Which again I think is reasonable being 30 and 8 years no claims.

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Aplan sorted me for £700 covering all mods with £600 excess on a brand new GT with a Whipple and other mods as well. Best quote I got by far.

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Guys, in process of switching to new mustang mach 1. Aplan happy to swap vehicle in the insurance policy for minimal uplift in insurance premium (£675), but a thatcham approved cat 7 tracker (atleast) and excess of £400. What do you guys suggest? Should I try another insurance co? Which ones do you suggest? Lve, aviva or Tesco? Or if tracker, then which tracker should I go for?

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brentacre

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Another thumbs up for A Plan Thatcham branch, not to be confused with the standard A Plan part.

my mods are not even close to the OP so not a fair comparison but for modified vehicles A Plan have been great for me

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Guys, in process of switching to new mustang mach 1. Aplan happy to swap vehicle in the insurance policy for minimal uplift in insurance premium (£675), but a thatcham approved cat 7 tracker (atleast) and excess of £400. What do you guys suggest? Should I try another insurance co? Which ones do you suggest? Lve, aviva or Tesco? Or if tracker, then which tracker should I go for?
Try Adrian Flux, they were cheaper than Aplan

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wouldn't insure with an provider that insists on a tracker unless it was loads cheaper which in my experience it isn't and won't be.

Car gets stolen gets tracked and you get back a pretty 'suspect' car, no thanks. Approved trackers are also expensive to fit and have ongoing costs which for me have always outweighed any savings.

If I had to get a tracker I would.want one that also immobilised the car or I would fit a secondary ghost or pandora type device to ensure it didnt go walk about in the first place

And regarding insurance companies, you need to just shop about, LVE are dirt cheap for me £300ish but for you maybe be £1k

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Insuring my Mach 1 with Ford Insure and it was £250 cheaper than my previous 2019 GT. That's with mods declared.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Insuring my Mach 1 with Ford Insure and it was £250 cheaper than my previous 2019 GT. That's with mods declared.
havent got S/C yet but Ford insure were the cheapest yet with mods declared at £500, i think i've got 11 Years NCD and i'm 33.