Sponsored

Good insurance for S550

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
So a big part of loving a car is making sure it's well insured. I've seen a lot of people on here talk negatively about certain carriers but rarely something positive.

I was rear ended a while back and I use Geico, I've seen people hate on them pretty hard but I have to say they were awesome. I never felt cheated or anything. Quite the opposite.

So if someone new needs to insure their s550 who would you reccomend?
Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I've had State Farm for decades, still using them.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
American family is the best I've found but I haven't shopped in a while. It's about time to do some calling as I now have a truck, car and motorcycle as well as house.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So a big part of loving a car is making sure it's well insured. I've seen a lot of people on here talk negatively about certain carriers but rarely something positive.

I was rear ended a while back and I use Geico, I've seen people hate on them pretty hard but I have to say they were awesome. I never felt cheated or anything. Quite the opposite.

So if someone new needs to insure their s550 who would you reccomend?
HA! I was rear ended with Geico and the other party also had Geico. I ended up suing the other driver and Geico because Geico would not acknowledge diminished value on a 2 month old car with 2,000 miles on it, and I ended up winning $3100 even though they said they wouldn't pay a dime for DV. So they can suck a fat one! Just switched to Esurance and have fantastic rates with more coverage compared to Geico.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I have Geico and haven't had a claim (knock on wood) so I don't know what their service is like. I'm about ready to renew my policy so I tried checking a couple other companies and the rates aren't even close. 6 months with Geico is $411 and with Esurance, it was over $850 for the same 6 months with not even as good of coverage as I have now. I also just got notified that I qualified for accident forgiveness at no additional cost.

I don't know what the deal is, but I can't find anybody even close to Geico's rate. I'm 60 with no tickets or accidents in almost 30 yrs.

Sponsored

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Geico has definitely been the cheapest for me by far with the same coverage. They were kind of a holes but got me taken care of right away when a deer ran into my old car at a stop sign. Saying why didn't I have a police report or a tow truck bill when it just ran into my fender and bounced off, I even had my fiancee as a witness in the car. But they took care of it which is all that matters.

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
Can you qualify GEICO under 'good insurance'? Cheap doesn't necessarily qualify as good. I've heard several horror stories.

That being said, I've had Farm Bureau and currently have Erie. No complaints.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Can you qualify GEICO under 'good insurance'? Cheap doesn't necessarily qualify as good. I've heard several horror stories.

That being said, I've had Farm Bureau and currently have Erie. No complaints.
I have Erie as well on my Ecoboost. Can I ask what you pay, as I plan on getting a GT in '18?

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
I have Erie as well on my Ecoboost. Can I ask what you pay, as I plan on getting a GT in '18?
Close to $500 every 6 months. $250 deductible collision/no accidents/multi car

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I had State Farm for almost 9 years. I finally cross shopped and saved over $130/month for my 3 cars by switching to Progressive. I never had any incidents handled by State Farm so I cannot speak to their quality of service. Less than 2 months into my Progressive coverage I was in a weather based/entirely my fault accident ($7800 in damages to my truck) and Progressive handled the entire claim very very well and my rates barely budged (~$90/half) on my next cycle. 2 thumbs up from me for Progressive.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Close to $500 every 6 months. $250 deductible collision/no accidents/multi car
How old are you? I am 27 with a couple tickets so $1000 every 6 months with nose bleed deductibles is about the best I could find on the GT.

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
I've had State Farm for decades and have had no issues. They are the lowest for me, but I have multicar and homeowers.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If you aren’t shopping around insurance every 3 years, you are wasting your money. As your age, credit, vehicles, address, kids etc. all change, so does your risk. Different insurance companies place different risks on all of your life factors. While insurance company A may be cheaper when you are 21, when you turn 24…insurance company B might very well have a cheaper rate.

I had Geico for 3 years until I switched back to liberty mutual, who offered significant savings.
Sponsored