Vehicle Showcase

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
109 bucks for a new Pirelli PZero summer tire is dang cheap. I'm not sure about other sizes but if you have the 19" black appearance package, these will fit. Half the price of the all-seasons that come with the car and for this price, they're worth a try in my opinion. They're on closeout so they might go quick.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero&partnum=54YR9P0XLV3OS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2019&autoModel=Mustang Fastback&autoModClar=GT
Dang, that is a good price.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Aren't these the stock tires, now?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
You can also find take-offs fairly cheap from PP1 cars for a reason, people are quick to get rid of them. I run my factory set in the summer just to use them up but if I wait even a week too long into fall things get dicey. My all seasons are just about as good and don't turn into hockey pucks when the temperature gets into the 40's. I'd even go so far as to say that temps in the 50's with wet ground will turn these into a frightening ride.

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
These are the new PP1 tires shipping on MY 2021's as far as I'm aware. Older PP1's are the PS4's which are also very good.

As far as temperatures, it's clearly indicated that summer tires should only be used in warm climate driving. I've used summer tires in 50 degree wet roads before. If you drive irresponsibly, you will break loose. Even on dry, your traction is a bit more limited. However, it's no more limited than a regular all-season would be at that temperature. Don't drive like a maniac and consider your conditions before setting off. It's when you get below freezing that you should swap to a winter tire (or at least an all-season) for safety.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I've noted that they have gone up 40 dollars per tire since I first made this post.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
These are the new PP1 tires shipping on MY 2021's as far as I'm aware. Older PP1's are the PS4's which are also very good.

As far as temperatures, it's clearly indicated that summer tires should only be used in warm climate driving. I've used summer tires in 50 degree wet roads before. If you drive irresponsibly, you will break loose. Even on dry, your traction is a bit more limited. However, it's no more limited than a regular all-season would be at that temperature. Don't drive like a maniac and consider your conditions before setting off. It's when you get below freezing that you should swap to a winter tire (or at least an all-season) for safety.
'15-'17 PP1 came with the pzero summer tire, '18-'20 switched to PS4 and now there is some mix of the two that I'm not sure of. I still run my factory summer tires in the summer but overall I don't feel they are better than my BFG all seasons, grip is about the same in summer conditions and linearity in breakaway actually feels worse. Weather in the low 50's and below they get terrible quickly just for normal driving in my experience. Of course, I'm in the Pacific NW so our weather and road experiences may be far different.

OP
OP
rangerryda

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, FL 50's is definitely different than PNW 50's. Your pavement types and ground temperature probably pay a role in that as well. Regardless, the price was right at 109 bucks per tire. At 140, it's still good but not something to jump on.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Yes, FL 50's is definitely different than PNW 50's. Your pavement types and ground temperature probably pay a role in that as well. Regardless, the price was right at 109 bucks per tire. At 140, it's still good but not something to jump on.
Fair enough, if it works for you and the price is right I say burn rubber!
Sponsored