Sponsored

Good clutch choice for boosted 709 rwhp 2015 gt.

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
Hey all i'm new on here. Searching around led me here. I have a 2015 gt with pp. It has a 2.9 whipple stage 2 w/ 3.65 pulley w/ whipple tune. Arh complete system with 1 7/8 long tubes. Boost a pump. Billet op and tc gears and ati balancer. It made 709 rwhp. Also Dss CF drive shaft and half shafts and just about every brace and bushing steeda and bmr make. I bought from original owner last year with just hankook street tires which just spin so its not burning up the stock clutch. It still has the oem clutch and I want to put drag radials on it but know it will start to fry the clutch in no time. Wondering what most people are running with around this hp level with so many choices. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Firstly, very cool ride :thumbsup: You have several options at your disposal as you're in a bit of a horsepower sweet spot with these cars. But to narrow it down a bit I'd go with either a Mcleod Rxt twin disc ceramic clutch kit or a Lethal Performance LPX Kevlar twin disc set up. Both of these will have perfect street manors and put that power down comfortably/repeatedly. The LPX will probably last a bit longer. And if you're thinking of going a good bit higher in horsepower, Mantic 9000 twin disc set ups are pretty mean.

Feel free to call
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...17-ford-mustang-gt/transmission/clutch-kits-1

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sean709

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
Firstly, very cool ride :thumbsup: You have several options at your disposal as you're in a bit a horsepower sweet spot with these cars. But to narrow it down a bit I'd go with either a Mcleod Rxt twin disc ceramic clutch kit or a Lethal Performance LPX Kevlar twin disc set up. Both of these will have perfect street manors and put that power down comfortably/repeatedly. The LPX will probably last a bit longer. And if you're thinking of going a good bit higher in horsepower, Mantic 9000 twin disc set ups are pretty mean.

Feel free to call
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...17-ford-mustang-gt/transmission/clutch-kits-1
Thanks for reply. I just ordered the LPXHD earlier today.

S550AC11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
17 PP GT
I run an Exedy Mach 600 with aluminum flywheel. It drives great and holds the power. I'm at 724 on 91 and 804 E85 Gen5 whipple stage 2

YBLEHSGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Shelby
Vehicle Showcase
GT350R clutch was breaking loose at 7000rpm in 3rd gear - went with 1300hp Mcleod Rxt twin disc ceramic clutch and it manages 900hp was easier. It’s a little grabby on initial engagement but McLeod says that’s to be expected.

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Thanks for reply. I just ordered the LPXHD earlier today.
Sean,

Thanks for the order. You'll love the clutch. Please send any of us a message if you have any questions regarding install/break-in/etc.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Sean,

Thanks for the order. You'll love the clutch. Please send any of us a message if you have any questions regarding install/break-in/etc.
What is the break in period for the LPXHD on a 2018. Very interested in this clutch.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
What is the break in period for the LPXHD on a 2018. Very interested in this clutch.
500 miles is recommended. Its by engagements, not mileage, but mixed driving for approx 500 miles should seat the pads fine.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500 miles is recommended. Its by engagements, not mileage, but mixed driving for approx 500 miles should seat the pads fine.
yeah figured that much. Thanks.

Gr8whtckrwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Briten
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey all i'm new on here. Searching around led me here. I have a 2015 gt with pp. It has a 2.9 whipple stage 2 w/ 3.65 pulley w/ whipple tune. Arh complete system with 1 7/8 long tubes. Boost a pump. Billet op and tc gears and ati balancer. It made 709 rwhp. Also Dss CF drive shaft and half shafts and just about every brace and bushing steeda and bmr make. I bought from original owner last year with just hankook street tires which just spin so its not burning up the stock clutch. It still has the oem clutch and I want to put drag radials on it but know it will start to fry the clutch in no time. Wondering what most people are running with around this hp level with so many choices. Thanks for any info.
I did a Spec stage 3+. I didn’t like it at first and felt the engagement was a little harsh for not being a super aggressive clutch, but after a couple thousand miles it broke in nicely and I really like it now. For the price it’s hard to beat. I make around 900whp with a procharger and run a ET Street R tire and it’s holding the power and so far so good. Would definitely buy another one.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We just got a ton of Lethal LPX and LPXHD twin kits in stock as well as more Street Warrior 700's and Street Fighter 525's. For any of you looking into a new clutch setup feel free to give us a shout and we'll be glad to walk you through your options.
DBFED6AD-23CD-41C7-B35B-2B3BFB8D66BB-L.jpg

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We just got a ton of Lethal LPX and LPXHD twin kits in stock as well as more Street Warrior 700's and Street Fighter 525's. For any of you looking into a new clutch setup feel free to give us a shout and we'll be glad to walk you through your options.
DBFED6AD-23CD-41C7-B35B-2B3BFB8D66BB-L.jpg
I’ll be upgrading soon. The LPXHD is most likely the way I’m going.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I did a Spec stage 3+. I didn’t like it at first and felt the engagement was a little harsh for not being a super aggressive clutch, but after a couple thousand miles it broke in nicely and I really like it now. For the price it’s hard to beat. I make around 900whp with a procharger and run a ET Street R tire and it’s holding the power and so far so good. Would definitely buy another one.
Steel or Aluminum flywheel?
Sponsored