Sponsored

Gonna get a v6 this week, need some advice :)

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
The silver looks killer after some waxing which gives it the shiny and flashing look, but just kinda worried it might look dull when all the shinning effect goes away.
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
^^^ There's always VALUE in SILVER. Watch the commercials of very expensive autos like MBs, BMWs, and Jags...they are almost always using a silver car. Why, because the "lines" of autos photograph so well with silver. And don't worry about always having to polish and wax your Silver Pony, since it stays clean looking longer. I almost hate to admit it here, but I've had my 2015 Ingot Silver convertible for a year now and I've never waxed her. When I wash her and she's gleaming in the sun, I step back and admire her silvery shine...then it's time to sit down and drink a cold beer. On the second beer, I am convinced she is sparkling enough! Hi Ho Silver ( put the wax) Away! I'll bet you'll love your new Silver Pony!

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the help guys, gonna start shopping again!
My final decision is gonna be :
1. white/silver depend on which one is on dealer's lot
2. no parking sensor
3. manual
4. Muffler delete first

add 3.55 gears to this list

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I didn't realize they bundled the 3.55 with the 051A but I checked Fords website and sure enough

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Trade up to a GT.

I regretted getting my Black V6 Manual and wished I had gotten the GT. Now I don't care so much.
The GT has always been my ideal car.. just the insurance was higher than what the car note would of been so I could not get it at the time. (Would of been paying $420 for the car, $450-ish for insurance.. That's outrageous.)

But yeah.. I think I'm keeping this EB for now and as soon as I get any hint of reduction in insurance rate, it's going to get traded in for a GT.. otherwise I'll have to settle for a V6, but I definitely can not keep this EB, DI with FI is a ticking time bomb and it's only a matter of time before it starts crapping out.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
But yeah.. I think I'm keeping this EB for now and as soon as I get any hint of reduction in insurance rate, it's going to get traded in for a GT.. otherwise I'll have to settle for a V6, but I definitely can not keep this EB, DI with FI is a ticking time bomb and it's only a matter of time before it starts crapping out.
paranoid? :shrug: EB comes with a 5 year power train warranty. If the engine is good for 5 years, it should keep on going. Also, it appears you a have an auto, so its not like you have to worry about lugging the engine. As these engines get more miles on them, it will become more clear if they require any special cleaning to keep them in top form.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
It requires the $1000 051A package and then an extra$500 . I am not really into a shorter gear
why don't you like shorter gears? Normally I would just skip the extras, but in this case, I think the V6, 3.55, manual transmission is a good combo. I also like the 18" foundry wheels on the 051A cars.

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
why don't you like shorter gears? Normally I would just skip the extras, but in this case, I think the V6, 3.55, manual transmission is a good combo. I also like the 18" foundry wheels on the 051A cars.
I just don't think a shorter gear worth an extra 1.5k. For the wheels though, I am gonna get possibly some mmr 350 for myself. Just gonna skip the factory wheels anyways

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
$1.5 is a lot, but that's MSRP. You can probably get the options for an extra $1000. You would pay more than that for aftermarket gears. I would take the 3.55 over the aftermarket wheels. The 3.15 are more for CAFE and long distance commuters.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
paranoid? :shrug: EB comes with a 5 year power train warranty. If the engine is good for 5 years, it should keep on going. Also, it appears you a have an auto, so its not like you have to worry about lugging the engine. As these engines get more miles on them, it will become more clear if they require any special cleaning to keep them in top form.
That's why I won't be modding.. Lol. Can't wait to trade it.. Not sure if I'll get another black one, kind of think I should get something more flashy like Race Red.

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
I am paying for my own car while studying in a university so money would be an issue. Also, I think v6 is good enough in every way. Why would people agree that infiniti G37 is a sports car that has decent power and recognize a V6 mustang as something sluggish...
Absolutely. The Mustang V6 is a much nicer and quicker car than most people have. The Ford 3.7 V6 is a great engine and the V6 Mustang is a great car and a great value. I would take one over an Ecoboost for a number of reasons, although it's too bad Ford handicapped it by offering few luxury and performance options. Enjoy shopping for your new car.

If it were me:

Silver (It shows of the lines of the car best and looks the clean even when it's dirty.)

Manual if you want to be daring or auto if you want to be safe and are in traffic a lot.

051A Package (The 18" wheels and foglights make the car look a lot better and the power seat is nice to have. For $1,000 (less through negotiation) it's a good deal and enables the option of 3.55 gears.)

Spare Wheel/Tire (It's never a bad idea to have a spare and $200 is a bargain for peace of mind.)

Spoiler Delete (Cleaner lines.)

3.55 Gears (Based on my butt dyno, these really seem to wake the car up, especially on the V6.)

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Thanks for all the help guys, gonna start shopping again!
My final decision is gonna be :
1. white/silver depend on which one is on dealer's lot
2. no parking sensor
3. manual
4. Muffler delete first
Good options, but think about adding
1. spare tire.....the standard inflation kit it crap
2. spoiler delete....cleaner lines and no holes if you decide to get after market spoiler.

Don't listen to the EB/GT crowd, you are making the payments not them. Get the car you want!

I DD'd a manual 2001 mustang for 12 years (225k miles) before trading it in on the 16. Miss driving stick on open roads, but very glad i got the auto when stuck in traffic. Have almost 10k miles on my 2016 V6 and have not regretted it one day. Finally broke my habit of kicking the floor boards trying to push in the non-existent clutch.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Any update?

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson