(GONE!) Any Az guys need a modified borla 60661 resonator? FREE

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I have a borla 60661 resonator I'm no longer using and want to get it out of my garage. I was running it connected to 3" down pipes though so I chopped off the 2 1/4" factory connects and put 3" connects on it. If you've got headers and exhaust and want to quite down your set up a little hit me up. Posted locally because I'm not looking to sell it. If your interested PM me and I can get you pics. Again not for sale, if you want it come pick it up and it's free!
Sponsored

japont4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm looking to buy one and wanted to cut the 2.25" inlet and weld an extension to make it a true 3" but was wondering if you had to cut the whole inlet tube or just the 2.25" step down to make it 3".

OP
OP

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking to buy one and wanted to cut the 2.25" inlet and weld an extension to make it a true 3" but was wondering if you had to cut the whole inlet tube or just the 2.25" step down to make it 3".
The piping through the resonated section is 2.5" I cut the step down off and used a 2.5" to 3" coupling. Great for NA or supercharged if your not really high HP but not good for turbos. My spool time is noticeable quicker with full 3" I did have to cut in some bullets to quiet it down though. Very misleading for borla to call it a 3". It's really should say 2.25" to 2.5" to 3". It does give a good sound though.

20210825_131405.jpg

Sponsored

japont4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah... Borla and Magnaflow are very misleading with some of their mufflers/resonators. Sadly I'm not in AZ but if you ever feel like shipping it, lmk. It's been a huge headache to try and find a true 3" that will fit the Mustang.

OP
OP

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah... Borla and Magnaflow are very misleading with some of their mufflers/resonators. Sadly I'm not in AZ but if you ever feel like shipping it, lmk. It's been a huge headache to try and find a true 3" that will fit the Mustang.
I never did find one. Looked for a while. Ended up getting 2 dynomax 21" bullets and putting them right after the down pipes. Then put the borla x pipe on and cut the midsection to fit. I only put the xpipe back in because I've heard bad things about the sound of straight piping the coyote. Sounds decent and quiet enough for me but doesn't sound as good as it did with the borla resonator.
Sponsored