Sponsored

Golden Ticket on Dealer Floor for Sale

97novi2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Local dealer I had been talking to has a golden ticket on the showroom for sale. Buyer backed out for whatever reason. They are asking 30k ADM but willing to deal. All options except painted stripes, this on has the vinyl instead.

with everything going on right in the world I’m not sure I want to pay much ADM if any. What are people still thinking is reasonable for a golden ticket or what would people be willing to pay over MSRP
Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I asked a friend who's a car salesman, if he ever felt bad about taking advantage of people to make the sale.
His response was "there's an ass for every seat".
It's funny, kinda sad and very true.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Don't fool yourselves, there are people getting rich over this crisis. Despite the overall economy doing poorly, there are people making money hand over fist.

Sponsored

OP
OP

97novi2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
So would anyone pay over MSRP for one and how much. Guess I’m just curious what people would be willing to pay if any over for a golden ticket.

I know a few people making lots of money now also, crazy

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
My thinking is, two things have changed. Production has stopped and demand has, no doubt, dipped precipitously. (I always hated..what did we call them in Math class? Story problems?)

Anyway, same thing here..and the story is both sides of the Supply vs. Demand equation have changed, we simply don't know by how much. But, were I a betting man, Yoda, I'd wager that any store with a 500 in stock will be able to get the same ADM's that have been around since the first cars hit the shelves.

And, if this drags on, so will zero production and again, the equation doesn't change much but will as more are sold.

Now...assuming this damn bug leaves us alone in the not to distant future, I would expect demand for existing 500's to skyrocket and, when those are gone, I would expect ADM's to remain at the original levels, assuming Ford can in fact, start producing them again.

But hey, WTF do I know, right? (Pilots..experts at everything and masters of nothing.) <grin>

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
So would anyone pay over MSRP for one and how much. Guess I’m just curious what people would be willing to pay if any over for a golden ticket.

I know a few people making lots of money now also, crazy
I am currently on the books for a Golden Ticket car for $15K over sticker but mine is currently just a frame sitting on the assembly line somewhere. I am not going to try and change the terms of my deal.

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
My thinking is, two things have changed. Production has stopped and demand has, no doubt, dipped precipitously. (I always hated..what did we call them in Math class? Story problems?)

Anyway, same thing here..and the story is both sides of the Supply vs. Demand equation have changed, we simply don't know by how much. But, were I a betting man, Yoda, I'd wager that any store with a 500 in stock will be able to get the same ADM's that have been around since the first cars hit the shelves.

And, if this drags on, so will zero production and again, the equation doesn't change much but will as more are sold.

Now...assuming this damn bug leaves us alone in the not to distant future, I would expect demand for existing 500's to skyrocket and, when those are gone, I would expect ADM's to remain at the original levels, assuming Ford can in fact, start producing them again.

But hey, WTF do I know, right? (Pilots..experts at everything and masters of nothing.) <grin>
KB, you’re a Pilot? I didn’t know that.

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Don't fool yourselves, there are people getting rich over this crisis. Despite the overall economy doing poorly, there are people making money hand over fist.
I received 5-10 letters from customers requesting we stay open as they and we are essential to the economy and mandated by the feds.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
A retired and medically down one, Dave but yep, I confess. :-)

Edit: Since we're all twiddling our thumbs and, we can't play poker so how about a RECCE class? I'm sure the Air Force folks will love this. :-)

t-28-sil_225.png
kingair_225.png
p3-silhouete_225.png

727-silhouette_225.png
a300-silhouette_225.png

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I received 5-10 letters from customers requesting we stay open as they and we are essential to the economy and mandated by the feds.
what do you do?

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Wait 1 or 2 months and pick out whatever GT500, Demon or Corvette that you want for a good price.
Sponsored