Going to Lowe’s motor speedway tomorrow now with videos

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Going to rumble at the roval tomorrow. First time at the track in this car been a few times in others. I did some research about tire pressures and most have suggested around 34psi hot. Not sure about max fluid temperatures. Only mods are Lund e85 (which I’m running) Xpipe and injen cai. I would appreciate any info that could help me out. Also is anyone going?
Thanks y’all
Sponsored

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I decided to pass on that event for the autocross at Zmax today. I didn't get a hot reading on my tire pressure, but at 30 psi cold F/R my tires seemed to be pretty happy by my last run. This is on stock PP1 wheels, tires, and alignment.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Probably don't have to worry about temps. You will most likely get over temp warnings and have to back down. If you are fast start your cold pressures -8psi. If slow -6. If timid -4. Then bleed down pressures as the day gets hotter and the car gets hotter. Check lugs for torque before every session out on track. Start with 50%+ front brake pads. Start with a full tank of gas. Take everything loose out of the car. Keep your eyes up and look way down the road and have fun! There are always experienced guys at the track. ASK! Experienced guys are always willing to help a new driver.

OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
At the track now weather is around 82 degrees 61% humidity. Found out the first thing these cars need is a oil cooler. Loving it but a-little nervous. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the track and this is the first time in this car. Best lap so far is 1:42:69. Passed a few people and got passed but it’s a blast. Getting around 7mpg with e85 which is better than I thought. I will see if I can get a video up sometime.

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I was there yesterday and today in my twister orange 2020 GT350, in the advanced / blue group.

What group were you in and with what car ?

C781FA12-C236-4C35-A251-F90C43EF215F.jpeg

OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I was in the orange group. Ruby red mustang number 3. When I go back I will definitely have to upgrade the oil cooling. Everything else was good. I got a couple of videos but have to figure out how to upload them. Did you hear anything about the guy that crashed his corvette looked kinda nasty hope he was ok.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Wow! That looks amazingly fun and sounds great! I'd love to do something like that one day.

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ok, I saw your car and the fuel cans but not you. Very nice car, I gave it a look over

the corvette driver was ok, the car IMO is probably totaled.

You see the red Alfa 124 spyder - Miata - went from I think 5th to 2nd and blew up his transmission?