Sponsored

going to do it! gonna get a GT, but need help choosing a color, COMP orange, or Guard

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
you mean... it's been 6 years. we had it in 2001 and 2008/2009
NO we DIDN'T.
01 and 08/09 Bullitts were painted in Dark Highland Green (or black or blue in 01).

For 01/08/09 Dark Highland Green was a Ford truck color that was "in inventory" and thus used instead of the original color as Ford didn't need to change color chart formulas, didn't need to bring in those paint touch up pens into parts inventory for a limited run color, have paint shop confusion (and opps paint shop mistakes) between Highland Green and Dark Highland Green etc.

Dark Highland Green (3 words) is a different color from Highland Green (2 words). Just like Blue and Dark Blue are two different colors. Look for pictures of 2015 Mustangs...an LE in Wimbledon White and a standard GT in Oxford White . Both are "white" but both are clearly NOT the same color. Highland Green and Dark Highland Green side by side are totally different colors.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
CO is going to be easier to take care of. Guard gets dusty fast and isn't going to look good unless it is super clean. When mine is dirty its dull.

However, coming from a Grabber Blue S197 I personally believe the S550 looks better in dark colors. More sinister. IMO the S197 was more of a bright color car.

My advice would be to see both in person in various degrees of light. A clean CO in natural light looks awesome but at the auto show it looked weird. Almost like crayon orange. Try to get far away too. When I see a lighter/brighter S550 from far way the grill looks HUGE whereas in darker colors it blends in more. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your opinion of the front end styling.

These colors are so different take your time and look at as many of both in person as possible. Good luck!

I completely agree with that. I think it's probably because the S197 were boxier and I think that generally works with brighter colors. Sort of like how Challengers look really good in the bright colors - sublime green, hemi orange, etc...

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
We're really going to go through this thread and not mention just how awesome this pic is^

But Guard. If it's good enough for Steve McQueen...

I had not seen this picture before.

I concur with regard to the level of awesome involved.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I got a thread with all those pics with my son's boss and my car. Probably on 2nd or 3rd page of general section now

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ron01864

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT Premium. 2013 GT Premium
so i decided i want a GT, but i cant decide between the 2 colors i have not seen in person. i like orange because its a loud color and i believe it fits a v8 perfectly, BUT guard to me is such a classy and elegant color. can anyone that seen these color in person put there 2 cents in.
Personally i dont want class and elegance in a Mustang. Go with the sporty aggressive CO. Of course im biased.
newtint.jpg

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I have been having the same color problem, but between Guard and Magnetic. I will be going with Magnetic as I just dont think the guard looks as good with the PP wheels and black accents.

I would love to see this car in Gotta Have It Green! While shopping around cars I looked at a Scat Pack Challenger and fell in love with the Sublime color! Not sure the stang could pull it off but would love to see it.
Like this???
green mustang.jpg

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Lmfao - I thought I was the only one debating between these two colors at complete opposite ends of the spectrum personality-wise. Unless you NEED to be inconspicuous, go with your inner-6-year-old all the way. The car handles a radical color well.

MTX3106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Oxford White
Id go with whatever color you first saw and loved! there is always the option to wrap it later if you just want a change. But you wont regret your first choice. Love my OX white.

Clockwork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My last two cars were orange: 2007 Nissan 350z and a 2013 Subaru WRX.

Its a cool color that definitely grabs people's attention, but I think as I get older I wanted something a little more subdued/classy and less boy racer.

I went with guard.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Boy racer ? Lol you drove two boy racers. Orange is just a aggressive color and fits the car well

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
nothing boy racer about competition orange >_> the color has been around for almost 50 years...

Clockwork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
No offense intended. I like orange and even said it is cool in my post.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks. For some reason my phone is not letting me download any of my good pictures so this is all I could post up.
Sponsored