Sponsored

going to do it! gonna get a GT, but need help choosing a color, COMP orange, or Guard

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Comes down to CO if you want to stand out and make me turn and stare . Or guard if you want to blend in and be subtle . Both are great it's just what ever your personality calls for

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
CO is nice, and will get the initial attention every time. But cleaned up and sitting side by side in the light guard has infinitely more depth.

CO is a great color and I'm not bashing it whatsoever. On the road everybody will see you and admire you. Guard on the other hand is the color that people tend to stare at when they have more than a few fleeting seconds to admire the passing by car. Clean it up and go the gas station and prepare to have every person there exchanging looks back and forth between how many gallons they've pumped and your fresh wax job.

Reactions: 113

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
but in the rain or cloudy day, guard is just like magnetic. different because it doesn't sparkle. at least co is consistent.

it's definitely a personality choice for sure.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
CO and Guard are colors that will end up in a resale Niche market for sure ! they don't call it "resale Red" for nothing...and classic Black is always a winner.

I've seen Guard in person....just not my taste! I would definitely wait and see this color before you order!!!

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
That's what I........

You think military when you see it? I think this
Yes that's what I think this color reminders me of..... And I had a 1972 Dodge Dart about this same color....... Never again, or again a black car....... Do not Shot Me the the the two that I'm not fond of..........

Go Competition Orange......... Just me.......... Thanks :cheers: :cheers:

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
I was considering Guard until I saw it in person... then not so much. Comp Orange.
x1000

Maybe I'm that vehement in my opinion because I *really* wanted a nice, deep metallic-green.

But Guard, when I saw it in person, was a major let-down for me.

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Yes that's what I think this color reminders me of..... And I had a 1972 Dodge Dart about this same color....... Never again, or again a black car....... Do not Shot Me the the the two that I'm not fond of..........

Go Competition Orange......... Just me.......... Thanks :cheers: :cheers:
Yes, THIS . . this is something like what I was hoping for.

I had a 1974 Dart Sport with a dark metallic green, and my mom bought her 1975 Skylark new, with a fantastic looking dark metallic green.

Guard, for me, just looked . . dirty (?) I think. Like a gray with a hint of green in it under certain angles. But like it was dusty or something and needed to be washed, even though it was clean. It was baffling. And made me sad. Not even remotely close to McQueen's Mustang.

Ultimately, though, you really, REALLY need to see what the colors look like in person. Photographs, the brochure, the online builder . . none of that really gives you an accurate representation of what it's going to look like when you're standing there looking at an actual vehicle.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
You think military when you see it? I think this
THIS is the color we need. HIGHLAND GREEN!!!
Come on Ford...its been over 40 years...bring back Highland Green!!!

Who knows...they brought back Wimbledon White after an absence of 44 yrs (65-71)...so anything can happen!!

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
you mean... it's been 6 years. we had it in 2001 and 2008/2009

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I like Comp orange better because a sports car needs a loud color. I prefer GHIG over CO but it is what it is.

I like guard, but it looked better on the Fusion I saw today....

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
CO is going to be easier to take care of. Guard gets dusty fast and isn't going to look good unless it is super clean. When mine is dirty its dull.

However, coming from a Grabber Blue S197 I personally believe the S550 looks better in dark colors. More sinister. IMO the S197 was more of a bright color car.

My advice would be to see both in person in various degrees of light. A clean CO in natural light looks awesome but at the auto show it looked weird. Almost like crayon orange. Try to get far away too. When I see a lighter/brighter S550 from far way the grill looks HUGE whereas in darker colors it blends in more. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your opinion of the front end styling.

These colors are so different take your time and look at as many of both in person as possible. Good luck!